Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just a thank you

Posted by therover61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just a thank you
February 06, 2010 03:35PM
Tom,

Us CZ users are deeply thankful for your ability to work on them and calibrate them correctly when you have the time.

I guess FT loves the profit margin on those F75's..hopefully they do compensate the people who think 24/7 about new designs and performance.

And I think based on your knowledge, the ability to work on the CZ's, answering e-mails and posts ,making videos, etc.... along with your regular job,you are a 24/7 thinker too !

Me...I can't think more than 10 minutes without getting a headache !
Re: Just a thank you
February 06, 2010 05:35PM
Even in my dreams........engineering takes place. A 3rd invention took place only in a dream.........with me waking up and writing a few things down on paper in the deepest hours of the night............only to find the piece of paper some time (a few days?) later............in my own handwriting.........and not knowing when I did this.
February 06, 2010 06:23PM
Yes, thank you very much Tom for all of your time and help you continue to give us through the intelligent articles, input on this website and working on our machines. I have been thinking alot about this lately, and the way I see it is this. Even though you speak very candidly about the Fisher situation, and may stir things up a bit by speaking the truth, they they still owe you a huge debt of thanks. You are doing something that no other person is doing for a company. You are helping each of us understand our Fisher machines alot better. The Fisher Intelligence is probably the BEST information regarding this hobby in print. I didnt get my first CZ because of Tom, I only found out about him because I got my first copie of Intelligence and his first DVD with my CZ 70 4 years ago. After reading Intelligence I had to have a 3D also because of the way it was described and explained in Intelligence. I believe that the 2 best companies on the market are Whites and Fisher. I only have machines from those 2 companys. If Whites had somebody like Tom running a website, maybe those of us who have V3's would understand our machines alot better. Dont get me wrong, I love my V3, however the instruction manuel does not provide enough information. I have heard that Whites is doing something about this, and that would be great. Fisher however has someone that is not only helping its customers understand their products but also learning how to use them.
Thats my 2 cents worth.
Aaron
February 06, 2010 10:29PM
Aaron,

Maybe Jeff Foster will put out another great piece of work like 'Digging Deeper with the DFX' for the V3. I am not sure how many similarities the V3 has with the DFX, but maybe there are many and another book would not be feasible.

I agree about the Fisher Intelligence articles. I e-mailed Fisher the other day and Sylvia kindly sent me their last printed copy of the 6th edition...free of charge.

All the articles are extremely valuable and I learn something every time I read them.

I just can't wait until Winter breaks and I can get out with my 3D. Another snow storm is supposed to be on it's way to dump more of the white stuff. It's not fun any more but thankfully I can get to the beach.
February 06, 2010 10:47PM
What!? I just bought a brand new 3d an asked for a copie of Intelligance and they were like "What, Nasa who?" Whatever. Kellyco ended up sending me a beat-up copie of 5th edition.I'm gonna have to try calling fisher again for a 6th edition. Thanks
February 07, 2010 02:21AM
I believe that the 2 best companies on the market are Whites and Fisher...not in my book whites is a bit back there. The V3 is not what they had hoped it would be. I would say Fisher and Minelab then it is up for grabs

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 07, 2010 03:58AM
I recall you making that statement before. Regardless of wether the v3 is or isnt what whites hoped for is irrelevent Do you have one? I do with almost a 100 hrs on it. I think its a great machine and so do a lot of other people who have one. I have found more gold jewelry with this machine in the past month than I have with any other machine. I could say that the F75 is a cheaply made detector and doesn't even compare to the old CZ quality and not made by the real Fisher anymore.However, since I never had one, to pass judgement on it would be pure ignorance.As far as Minelab, I had a GT Sov brand new out of the box, I had to send it back 2 times to Las Vegas.The 3rd time it went bad I just got my money back.I found there service department difficult to deal with especially for a brand new machine as you can imagine.Because of that I will never deal with Minelab again. I had a problem with my V3 when it was new, I called Whites they paid the shipping back and sent me a brand new machine, and all within a week.I'm sure Minelab makes some good products, but I personally found that their service department doesn't even compare to Whites and neither does their qaulity. And all of this is what I know from personal experience, not what I think.
Aaron

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 01:37PM by Aaron.
February 07, 2010 04:45PM
My best friend got a V3 when they came out and we hunt a lot. He spent more time trying to ajust it for the ground we were hunting while I was finding relics. He just sold it telling me he would rather turn on and hunt then always program his machine. That is how it is in the Gold Country the V3 didn't preform he had the DFX MXT he loves whites but was not sold on that machine he even sent it in. I never touched it because I don't need colors to tell me to dig or not. The LTD gives you enough info. That is my take..I think whites did not come out with a better mouse trap.

I really thought with the MXT (and I owend one and a DFX and was a dealer) that whites was going to hit a home run with a new machine.I think they missd the boat on this one...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 04:48PM by Lawrenzo.