Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Revised F75 in the Silverfields Report

Posted by HumblePie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Revised F75 in the Silverfields Report
March 04, 2011 06:25AM
In case anyone is interested here's the link...

[forum.treasurenet.com]

Its located in the 'Prospecting for Gold' section under the "Metall Detecting for Gold" subsection. Thankyou.

Jim.
Re: Revised F75 in the Silverfields Report
March 05, 2011 01:18AM
Jim, thanks once again.
Mal
March 06, 2011 08:05AM
Very interesting read,
A question if I may on the ground balance,
I have ground ranging from four bars 65/75 GB, the ground never cancels out completely, considering that I dig everything above iron,,,,,,,

1. Is there a mineral reason why the ground will not cancel completely.
2. Could I alter the GB from fast grab to my advantage and in the ID of iron better.

My testing have been inconclusive and contradictive.
Thank you.
March 06, 2011 01:13PM
Mal ............ MORE than ONE primary mineral .... will cause your condition. Say you have two minerals ........ both of heavy concentration..........(which..... individually.... may require a completely different Grnd Bal from EACH OTHER)...........will cause 'confusion' to your Grnd Bal circuitry on your detector. Due to TOO many variables..............only 'experimentation' with different settings will give you the 'true' answer.....for YOUR conditions...................understanding that ..........at best................only 'compromise' will be ascertained. And with 'compromise'........your 'want list' may not be fully achieved.

((( I would start with 'lower-than' numbers.......manually dialed in......after you Fast-Grab ))).
Mal
March 06, 2011 05:53PM
Thanks for your reply, as in the text, you both imply a lower setting. I have had some trial runs with the GB dropped in tens at a time from the fast/grab setting, but only once at 20 lower did I sense the machine (with a gut feeling that it was running/working better) and couldn't duplicate or prove, thinking I was on the wrong track went back to normal.
It's a difficult problem to solve, but now think it is worth spending more time on the issue.
Thanks.
I agree with Mal........Re: Revised F75 in the Silverfields Report
March 06, 2011 07:43PM
I was going to create a post regarding the effects of changing the G.C. numbers after the machine is ground balanced in heavily mineralized soil. Wanted to ask if any users had done this and what the results were?
March 06, 2011 07:51PM
I found little difference in depth or TID on my LTD when manually moving off the correct ground balance.
Mal
March 06, 2011 09:42PM
It's a difficult one to solve, you say there is little difference, can you get the ground to go practically silent where your testing. Can you think of a practical method of coming to some conclusion/improvement if there is one.
Although it would have to wait till the weekend to try,,,,,,,, wondered of the practicability of using'' one tone + and no disc over various un-dug iron and using the clarity of the tone as a gauge when lowering the disc from fast grab setting.
Or would working on a small conductor buried be the route to try.