Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

One of the best detecting videos ever...

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
One of the best detecting videos ever...
June 01, 2017 09:49PM
If you have the time, sit back and check out the latest Hoover Boys video here: [youtu.be]

I am still saying wow at it and have watched it about 3x now. If you don't like seeing pre 1800s coins being dug and or shovels, then don't watch it smiling smiley Two of the rarest coins you will see dug on video right there...right up there with Dr. Tones and that 1901 S Barber Quarter he found on video.
Re: One of the best detecting videos ever...
June 01, 2017 11:36PM
Them Boys sure got some Good sites. Wonder How long they been at it? That Dr. Tones Guy was a Newb and got One of the most valuable Quarters You can find. Guess it's all about location.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2017 11:54PM by Harold,ILL..
June 02, 2017 12:04AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Them Boys sure got some Good sites. Wonder How lon
> g they been at it? That Dr. Tones Guy was a Newb a
> nd got One of the most valuable Quarters You can f
> ind. Guess it's all about location.

Kurt's been at it roughly 3 years or so, Brad, he's been hunting I believe close to 20 years. It's all about location and knowing your machine.
June 02, 2017 12:11AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Them Boys sure got some Good sites. Wonder How lon
> g they been at it? That Dr. Tones Guy was a Newb a
> nd got One of the most valuable Quarters You can f
> ind. Guess it's all about location.

They're pretty much all newb's (compared to many here/us guys that been doing it for decades)

except maybe the older guy (Bobby buttons) as he goes by.

But you're right Harold = location location location is the key

most of us will never see 1/2 of those coins come outta the ground in our locations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2017 12:12AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
June 02, 2017 01:30AM
Best thing about the hoover boys to me is the reactions are real they don't seem to put on a hyped up fake show just good old boys doing what they like as a hobby and having fun. Brads reaction shaking and almost to tears over hitting the flowing hair was 100 percent real. That's what makes it enjoyable to me
June 02, 2017 05:42AM
It's a good show and i enjoy watching, i'd love to see them on a trip to the UK to find some real old stuff, maybe a 50BC gold stater, they'd need an ambulance on standby for Brad!
June 02, 2017 08:39AM
They hunt the eastern shore area of Maryland. I hunted those area's back in the 80's and there are plenty of sites to go around.
June 02, 2017 05:53PM
Makes me want to move to Maryland, but then I remember how much snow they get and I'm good with Cali smoking smiley

Maybe just a road trip, heck I've seen them dig reales and largies from public parks eye popping smiley
June 02, 2017 10:29PM
I want nuther Keith S. rap star vid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cool smiley
June 02, 2017 10:32PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Makes me want to move to Maryland, but then I reme
> mber how much snow they get and I'm good with Cali
> smoking smiley
>
> Maybe just a road trip, heck I've seen them dig re
> ales and largies from public parks eye popping smiley

Nah, leave the colonial coppers and LC's for them. We'll go for the gold coins + S and CC mints here . Haaarrrummmpphh
June 03, 2017 01:46AM
Looks like maybe the shovel hit bent that half dime. I'm never going to make a find that good here in Illinois though.