Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vista Gold Questions ....

Posted by synthnut 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vista Gold Questions ....
June 11, 2017 10:55AM
Hi Guys ...

I've been away for a bit , and have a couple of Vista Gold questions ....

1) What mode have you guys found yourselves using with the Vista Gold for best results ?

2) What mode ,or how have you been setting the machine up to go the deepest ?

I've got the stock coil on my machine now ....I'm contemplating getting the Super Six coil for more intricate detecting with good separation ...Is there any other coil that anyone can recommend for this type of detecting that would work better than the Super Six ?

Thanks in advance ....Jim
Re: Vista Gold Questions ....
June 11, 2017 12:05PM
June 11, 2017 02:34PM
Hi Sven ,
Thanks for the info ....

On your first video that you have listed ....What do the stickers represent ....I'm guessing SF is "small foil " .....What are the others ? ....

You also mention "segments " are you talking about the lined area's starting at like 8 o'clock and progressing clockwise to approx 5 o'clock ? ....Each segment representing 10 ? ....

Thanks again for your help ...Much appreciated ....Jim
June 11, 2017 02:59PM
synthnut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Sven ,
> Thanks for the info ....
>
> On your first video that you have listed ....What
> do the stickers represent ....I'm guessing SF is "
> small foil " .....What are the others ? ....
>
> You also mention "segments " are you talking about
> the lined area's starting at like 8 o'clock and pr
> ogressing clockwise to approx 5 o'clock ? ....Eac
> h segment representing 10 ? ....
>
> Thanks again for your help ...Much appreciated ...
> .Jim

Segments are as you described.
SF was small foil,
CH was small gold chain would signal if I recall, its been a few years.
SC think where small gold chains would be disc'd out.
Or in two tone mode be where the high a low tones would break for these items.
Don't recall what HOD was.

The position on others Vista Gold maybe slightly different depending where the knob pointer is positioned when placed on the pot shaft.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
June 11, 2017 03:56PM
Sven,
Thanks for the update ....Much appreciated ....I just picked up a nearly new Vaquero that has the 5.75 Widescan coil on it .....Great for tot lots and such .... The 5.75 is like a sugeons tool in the dirt, and pretty deep for a small coil ...smiling smiley

So you say it was so long ago ...What are you using to detect with now and how do you like it ? .....Thanks ...JIm
June 11, 2017 07:11PM
Been thinning the stash, realizing can't use them all. Sold the last two Tesoros, Outlaw and Mojave, they just didn't click with me like the DeepTech Vista Gold as a beep and dig.
Sold a few others and decided to keep a modified vintage Teknetics Mark 1 with 2 coils, Deteknix Quest with 3 coils and of course the Mirage Pi that I build. Now I am expecting a Notka Impact
to land at my doorstep, to see if that could be the main squeeze.
Heard there is a new DeepTech model coming out this fall that may be more geared to hunters in the US.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2017 11:04PM by Sven1.
June 12, 2017 09:02PM
I heard something about a detector with better discrimination, or at least a wider scale of discrimination ....????

Thanks for the info on your detectors .....Jim