Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Feel the pulse!

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Feel the pulse!
June 14, 2017 05:27PM
In case you haven't been reading Keith's thread on the Titanium Adonis - which I "bumped" the other day - there is some news that "sends the pulse racing". It is now established that First Texas (Fisher, Teknetics, etc.) have hired a French designer named Alexandre Tartar. Alexandre has been diligently pursuing development of PI detectors for more than 10 years. He is a Physicist by training and his previous professional work has been in high-tech electronics design in French industry.

This is good news indeed. PI detector development has been slow for years. Ground-balancing detectors - led by Minelab - revolutionized nugget hunting, with Whites and Garrett also offering machines. All of these detectors however have very limited discrimination or none at all - making them limited to special applications. Beach PI's by Tesoro, Fisher, Whites, etc likewise lead to digging a lot of deep holes for ferrous trash.

Discriminating PI detectors have been designed, but so far, none have reached the market. Alexandre has videos (in French) showing a prototype detector which ID ferrous from non-ferrous (in air at least). [m.youtube.com]

Whether this will lead to some major change in the status quo is anybody's guess, but I am hopeful that this will lead to something truly NEW - lord knows we have all been clamoring for new tech on this forum and elsewhere.

Here's a link

[drive.google.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2017 07:43PM by lytle78.
Re: Feel the pulse!
June 14, 2017 07:55PM
Great news, Rick! Thanks for posting that.

Dean
June 15, 2017 03:09AM
Well it is about time that fisher steps up to the plate..I was told by someone that works for them that a hybrid was being released...Never happened that was over five years ago at a hunt in Carolina.....You have to wonder what the next machine will be..It seems that some companies are adding to their older platforms to catch-up and stay in the game. The Impact is like a deus but different and they have to try and catch the deus which will be hard. But I think their sales will be really strong and they will stay in the game. You have to wonder what they are going to do to take the next step if they do at all???

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 17, 2017 04:38AM
Thanks for the post. I would like to see something before I start pushing up daisies.
June 17, 2017 01:23PM
Fisher isn't behind Lowboy other manufacturers have just caught up to them and a few have copied their T2 and F75 platform to get there. Now Fisher is going to jump leaps and bounds ahead of the competition once again and the competitors will start playing catch up again. You mentioned the Deus I have watched videos of them in use and yet to see it pull a coin or relic my T2 couldn't have pulled.
June 17, 2017 01:48PM
I would be very interested and excited to see a new pulse machine hit the market. The Minelab GPX is the pinnacle of pulse machines right now but all it would take is something with close to the same depth and better iron resolution and new territory would open.

My hat is off to anybody still detecting right now that isn't in the water. Good grief...at 7 this morning it was already 80 degrees and 85% humidity and the hot and humid days are still ahead of us.