Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher's NEW 15" DD F75 Coil!!

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher's NEW 15" DD F75 Coil!!
March 06, 2011 12:20AM
Yep, you read it right, there's a new sheriff in town !

Tom D. have you tested this bad boy?

What kind of depth increase can we expect from the stock 11" DD?

I wonder how much more noisy this makes the F75 LTD/SE?

It's a pricey bugger, but I'm so tempted....if this will give me the edge I though I would have on the Etrac crowd when I bought my F75 LTD to begin with, it would be worth the price of admission.

Here's the Fisher Kool-Aid on the coil:

"This 15 inch DD coil gives a huge depth advantage over the 11 inch especially when used with the boost or cache modes. The depth is incredible letting you see that deep virgin ground that is out of reach for all other detectors. The DD configuration and speed of the Fishers still gives excellent separation for a coil this size. "

HH,
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2011 12:28AM by Cal_cobra.
I wonder......Re: Fisher's NEW 15" DD F75 Coil!!
March 06, 2011 01:10AM
....what is the depth advantage in the F75 LTD DE mode..or on a standard T2/F75...in a non-boost/cache mode. Would it be worth buying.

"This 15 inch DD coil gives a huge depth advantage over the 11 inch especially when used with the boost or cache modes".

Mike Scott.......could you supply Tom D. with a 15" DD for evaluation? Thanks.
Makes you wonder how it will do on target's that are coin sized?
March 06, 2011 01:16AM
I have never seen much depth gain on coin sized object's or coin's for that matter with the past 15 inch coil's....they go deeper on bigger target's but seem to stay the same or even get less depth on the coin size stuff..

Maybe it's more of a Cache mode accessory ??

or it could be quite different .....Most of the coin hunters will probably not find much use for it since most coin's are lost in habitation sites so that would mean seeing more trash with every sweep...

Now beach hunter's on open beaches if it's stays hot on small stuff at depth ought to love it either way it will cover more ground ...

Relic hunter's can cover more ground also...and it might be awesome on deep artillery shell's???If you dont have to turn the power back to compensate for seeing more ground at one time??

Look's heavy.....more of a specialty coil I would bet than a full timer...

All speculation though....

I believe the stock Bi-Axial is the pinnacle of depth,,,Separation,,,and sensitivity....

Keith
Re: Fisher's NEW 15" DD F75 Coil!!
March 06, 2011 01:24AM
It's performance on silver dime and half dimes are of particular interest to me, as the 11" DD doesn't do well on these targets in disc mode once they surpass 6-7" of depth.
I dont know Cal?
March 06, 2011 01:28AM
I would think it would not be so hot on half Dime's at that size(15") but that's just in theory ....Heck maybe it will do it??

Let's hope so

Keith
March 06, 2011 02:36AM
Brian,
Mike already posted about the new 15" DD in an earlier post here the other day. In case you missed it....

Mike Scott [ PM ]
Hey Brad!
February 27, 2011 01:12PM Registered: 7 weeks ago

The new 15 inch coil does what it was designed to do and was primarily made for the tens of thousands of T2 units being sold and used in the African gold rush. Our customers there always want ‘bigger and deeper’ and it’s such a huge market that pre orders alone were substantial enough to justify building it and it being profitable even before we knew how well it would work. Secondary market is Europe where the large SEF coils have been popular enough based on additional coverage alone and the vast amount of field hunting done.
On a standard T2/F75 the stock coil is matched with its lightning fast speed and the large coils main advantage is coverage and improved depth most notably on larger items. It and larger coils in general are better matched with slower response units like we have with Boost or Cache modes. In these modes is where it will deliver the most significant increases in depth but you won’t see as much advantage on the smallest of targets. Bigger coils are also, as a general rule more susceptible to electrical interference, masking and ground pickup and those considering a large coil should take these facts into consideration right along with the weight that throws the superior balance and ergonomics of the T2/F75 way off-this is the first thing you notice especially if you have been spoiled for any period of time by these units superior balance.
Large search coils have advantages and disadvantages just like small coils and are not a magic wand by any means. For some it will not be worth purchasing and for others it will be a valuable tool they absolutely need to have. I have some Copper Culture sites where targets are deep and scattered with little trash-it sold me on the advantages right away with a few ancient copper finds and I can’t wait to take it back there when the ground thaws.

Mike
Brad......Re: Fisher's NEW 15" DD F75 Coil!!
March 06, 2011 03:48AM
Thank you. And thanks to Mike S. for the explanation of the coils attributes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2011 03:49AM by TerraDigger.
March 06, 2011 05:02AM
Wow Mike tells it like it is, the truth!..thank god for a company spokesperson that is honest!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 06, 2011 05:04AM
Brad thanks for posting Mikes PM.

It would be useful if he could be a bit more definitive with this statement: "you won’t see as much advantage on the smallest of targets."

If that means I won't have to dig tiny drops of lead or other tiny crap (rolled beaver tails at 9" anyone) that hit nicely using the 11" DD in BP mode, I'm a happy camper smiling smiley

On the other hand, if that means you'll get no additional depth on a silver dime/half dime sized target, then it's not the coil for me.

At almost $300 it's a steep coil to roll the dice on without further data points on performance attributes, as the 15"x12" SEF (Butterfly) coil is only $189, but by most accounts it doesn't improve depth only ground coverage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2011 05:11AM by Cal_cobra.
March 06, 2011 01:05PM
Leave it to Dave Johnson to engineer the correct 'footprint' for HIS coil design......for HIS designed detector. .... Nair the two separate.

As to be expected, I surmise it'll have some downfalls...........and some attributes. It'll be up to us to 'apply' this coil (just as we do with the tiny 5" DD coils)......to the specific applications in which it shines. You do not want to use the 5" coil in large/vast open fields with minimal targets...........as you do not want to use the 15" coil in iron infested old-building/Fort sites.