Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ordered a Gold Bug SE should be here Tuesday

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ordered a Gold Bug SE should be here Tuesday
June 13, 2010 03:08AM
Cant wait to try it out in some severe Iron... Will report my findings ....Cant wait!!

Keith
Re: Ordered a Gold Bug SE should be here Tuesday
June 13, 2010 10:36AM
Hi Keith we will ALL be waiting for your initial report! If you get a chance try out the all metal mode at one of your woods sites too. I'm curious what kind of stuff it will find at depth at your pounded sites with the 11" bi-axial coil.

Tom Z
June 13, 2010 12:09PM
Keep us posted. I'm curious as to its ability on how well it handles/ID's iron.
June 13, 2010 03:22PM
Do you know if this is the same as the G2 will be? Do you know if the coils will be interchangable? I've been looking forward to the G2 and didn't realize that this SE was coming out. I hope it does well, i'll be looking forward to reading about what you think of it. I just ordered an Omega, I guess I am running behind!

Julien
June 13, 2010 03:30PM
If the Omega and G2 can share coils can the Omega share coils with the GB SE too? I guess you'll be able to find out next week... but maybe someone already knows. They may have a different pinout though. If they do have a different pinout, I bet that is the only thing difference but maybe they are the same.

Julien
Hey Jackpine!! I will do that with the 11"
June 13, 2010 05:34PM
when I get some time... I want to hit some iron holes on the first run...I worry more about un-masking than extreme depth!! ( But I know where you are coming from!) I hope the goldbug will unmask like the Shadow X-5 will do in the nails.. Same freq, better coils, quicker target response... Should be a great detector for pulling Low conductors...

Keith
Hey jbow!! yes I believe the Goldbug and the G2 are the same machine
June 13, 2010 06:01PM
just that the g2 will be on a pistol grip like the Omega and will come with the 11' Bi-Axial coil!! and cost some more ..$749.00 retail.( I have heard mention of a G2 Pro also and that comes with the 5" and 11" coil)

The Goldbug thats out right now is the SE model which is Special Edition...Not the same as the one Cabella's has been selling for a few month's.. Supposed to have some tweaking done to it for better performance(????????????) Only comes with the 5" DD as standard..and cost around $549.00 retail.

Then there's a Goldbug Pro due out anytime in the near future and from what I have read it will be increased in price and might be that it comes with the 5" and 11" coils making it the Pro model?? or maybe it will be offered with either of the 2 coils for different price set's?

Why a different model so soon after the release of the SE? Well probably to get some more money.. I doubt the detector will be any different..Just needs a different price set..

As far as coils go I believe they will all take the Omega coil's?SE,Pro,and G2... I know the Cabella's model and the SE model Goldbug take the Omega coil so I would bet the Pro and the G2 will also!!

Someone mentioned that the Pro would be required to have a tuned coil and that's the difference in the units but I would not bet on it..I don't believe there will be any difference from a SE to a Pro Goldbug except price ans maybe a sticker..

It's just marketing at this point..

Keith
June 13, 2010 08:08PM
Keith.....I sent you a PM.
Thanks Keith
June 13, 2010 08:36PM
Yeah on the low conductors.. Appreciate it.

Tom
Will do Tom!!
June 13, 2010 08:46PM
N/T
Keith, between you and Roy....
June 13, 2010 11:40PM
I am going to go broke buying detectors... I am probably going to order a GB SE tomorrow to go with the Omega I ordered yesterday, but Idon't see how I can go wrong. Now I just need to sell a few, laff.

Julien
Re: Keith, between you and Roy....
June 14, 2010 11:29AM
The Tek G2 and the Gold Bug are nearly identical units..........except the G2 is config'd more for relic hunters. Yes, the new Gold Bug & G2 coils are interchangeable. Both units are 19-Khz.
June 14, 2010 04:13PM
Tom,

When you state the G2 is more configured for relic hunters, is that due to a difference discrimination range, different ground balancing circut, etc.

Just wondering.

John
June 14, 2010 09:15PM
We'll have to wait for the final details.........but........the 1st thing is the fact that is automatically comes with the 7-11 coil. It's also a pistol-grip stalk (vs S-rod mount).
June 15, 2010 10:50PM
Thanks Tom. Didn't think about the configuration as it pertains to a specific hunting application but coil size does matter. I know the GB SE can be bought to include an 11 inch DD but that is an additional cost, where as like you stated, the G2's standard stock coil is the 11 inch DD.

John
June 15, 2010 11:28PM
I hope there will be an option to buy the G2 with the 5" coil since I am getting an Omega and will already have the 10 and 11. If there are no other real differences I guess I would do well to buy the GBSE. It looks like it is configured a lot like a Tejon which is a good relic machine. I sort of like the "S" rod on a lightweight detector like the Tejon and I assume the GBSE because I don't need to use an armstrap with it.
Is anyone reasonably certain that the only meaningful differences will be in the coil and the handle? If so... i'll be ordering a GBSE.

Thanks,

Julien
Well Keith.. it is Tuesday!!
June 16, 2010 12:36AM
Lets hear about it... are you home yet?

J
Hey jbow here's what Dave J. Said about the difference's
June 16, 2010 01:05AM
"The GBSE and the G2, with same size searchcoils attached, will probably have comparable performance, although some details of the machine's responses will be slightly different. I don't wish to discuss those differences because a complete and accurate list of differences will not be possible until we're shipping it.

Now c'mon, J.T., let me guess, the closest you've got to a GBSE is a picture on a puter monitor, a couple peoples' posts about hots have ya droolin', and you're already asking for something even hotter? Thou knowest not what thou asketh! But what the heck, if we find an easy way to do that for ya between now and shipping date.........??? Theoretically possible, but my recommendation is not to expect it.

I would suppose that if someone is holding out for the G2, the most sensible reasons for doing that would be:

1. Preference for the gripmount mechanical package (as opposed to the GB pole mount mechanicals).

2. Your favorite dealer happens to be a Tek dealer and not a Fisher dealer.

3. You know you need the 11 inch searchcoil and don't expect to need the 5 inch searchcoil. (This also means you're not doing gold prospecting.)"

Well I went with the best Price myself jbow..Hard to beat $499.00 for a powerful detector..

And I am still at work right now won't be home till about 2A.M. so Looks like Tomorrow it will get a work out since I'm off till Sunday!!

I will let You know..

Keith
Re: Hey jbow here's what Dave J. Said about the difference's
June 16, 2010 01:10AM
Awesome... can't wait to hear what you think.

J