Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-21 Question

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-21 Question
June 30, 2010 10:04PM
Hey guys,

I got rid of my Beach Hunter ID and got a CZ-21. I'm wondering if the sensitivity is the same as with some of the other CZ's where you only need to keep it around 4 or 5.
If anyone has any fresh water tips for this machine I would really appreciate it.
Happy Hunting!
Aaron
Re: CZ-21 Question
July 01, 2010 01:31AM
Aaron, I have a CZ20, which I've had for 15 yrs. that has never seen fresh water! Hunting in salt water or on shore sensitivity around 5 seems to be best. Maybe fresh water might make a difference.

Wally
July 01, 2010 01:33AM
I do not recommend the use of this unit for fresh water.................as it is 'locked' in the "salt" mode. And...................no...............the Sens settings are a bit higher. I believe max Sens is achieved at '6'.......or slightly higher. This is for the ID mode. You can test a clad dime in an air-test........and see where max distance/depth is achieved. You will see that the unit will achieve a max depth at around 6............and............raising Sens above 6......will only increase volume a bit. (In auto-tune mode; Sens needs to be on '10'....and Vol on '10').
July 01, 2010 04:20AM
Well....that stinks. I still think I will do better with the CZ than the Beach Hunter. What is the difference being that it is locked in salt mode?
Thanks
July 01, 2010 02:16PM
CURIOUS ,WHY NOT FRESH WATER. SMALL GOLD????? I FOUND OVER 20 GOLD RINGS IN ONE FRESH WATER LAKE...THANKS IN ADVANCE....
July 01, 2010 04:31PM
Small gold...that's what I'm guessing too. 20 gold rings, nice haul! Congrats!
July 02, 2010 01:25AM
If you can borrow a regular CZ..........and perform the 'salt' test on some small gold items,,,,,, you will find your painful answer. A MUCH more detailed explanation is in the 'CZ salt training - 101' thread. You can use a CZ-20/21 in fresh water..... and do fairly well........BUT,,,,, I would MUCH more recommend a non-salt unit for freshwater hunting. If at all possible......use a F75 LTD in shallow water. Do NOT let the control head touch water. . . . and ALSO KNOW that water can enter the upper stem....then into the pistol grip.....and into the control head. BE CAREFUL! And also; be surprised on the results! Take this seriously.
July 02, 2010 03:30AM
I'm going upnorth next week to my freinds place, its on a pretty good size lake. Ive hunted there before. I will bring my 3D and the 21. I'll hip-mount the 3D and grid off a area compare them side by side.
July 02, 2010 09:29PM
A bench-test with a small gold pendent.....will instantly give you your answer.