Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom I have a question about the T2

Posted by Ray(Ca) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom I have a question about the T2
August 05, 2010 06:05AM
I've been told that the sens/disc adjustments on the T2 have a dramatic impact on depth and stability. It was also stated that a disc of 21 was a good all around setting. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Ray
Re: Tom I have a question about the T2
August 05, 2010 08:34AM
Tom Ray's wondering what the magic number on the disc is similar to the below 5 and above 20 disc setting on the F75 for the reduced/extras sensitivity setting?
August 05, 2010 09:42PM
The T2 is Config'd a bit different.....as compared to F75. Yes, a Disc of '21' is the magic number for maximum unmasking abilities in thick iron......as long as monotone is selected. I don't ever recall finding a magic number in Disc or Sens on the T2.....that would present a fairly large increase in performance; yet, there is a fairly linear increase in depth performance as Disc is lowered......and as Sens is increased. Once you go below a Disc of '21'.....multi-tone ID becomes a requirement......for sanity purposes. A definitive test-garden will validate and educate!
August 06, 2010 01:13AM
Thanks Tom for the info!

Ray
August 08, 2010 05:12PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The T2 is Config'd a bit different.....as compared
> to F75. Yes, a Disc of '21' is the magic number
> for maximum unmasking abilities in thick
> iron......as long as monotone is selected. I don't
> ever recall finding a magic number in Disc or Sens
> on the T2.....that would present a fairly large
> increase in performance; yet, there is a fairly
> linear increase in depth performance as Disc is
> lowered......and as Sens is increased. Once you go
> below a Disc of '21'.....multi-tone ID becomes a
> requirement......for sanity purposes. A definitive
> test-garden will validate and educate!

So, if I understand right... in iron bits square nails etc with the T2 in monotone and the disc on 21 dig everything? I have a site where I have pulled a lot of good 19th century relics but parts of it is littered with cut square nails, they respond differently from a whole square nail, they are mostly about an inch long and wont "double beep" from one direction and mimic good targets. Do you think the above settings will help in this? Also, I noted that you said with the disc lower than 21 I need to use more tones. I usually use either 2F or 3 or 4 tones but have played with DP. Which tone setting would you recommend in NW GA on an iron hill littered with those nails? Also, I have an Omega-8000 that I am really liking. I mostly use d4 tones and the 11" coil (I don't yet have a 5" coil for it). I have an F75 LTD that I am just not really impressed with, too much going on with it IMO. It works very well at some places and hardly at all at other sites. I am sick of difficult detectors.

Thanks for the help. BTW, my T2 died a sudden death but FT said "send it in" ! I've had it since July 2006

J
August 09, 2010 01:04AM
J,

You will have to find out how YOUR specific site/conditions require you to set up your T2. A Disc of '21' is a great starting point. It SHOULD work quite well...........BUT. You may find that a Disc setting of '23'........or maybe '20' will be the ticket. It's fairly easy to find out. You can start with a Disc setting of '17'. Sweep the coil in YOUR nail infested area. It should be VERY noisy. Keep sweeping the coil in this exact same spot.........and slowly start to raise Disc...........until.............suddenly......it starts to "only click & pop". The only catch is........how do you know if there is/may be a non-ferrous target (or two) in this selected area. If the bulk of the targets suddenly (nearly) disappear.......and one or two of them still seem somewhat audibly pronounced...........you may want to dig them up and see WHY they are somewhat difficult to Disc out.

You may find that the Disc setting of '21' happens to be exactly what you command. And............yes..............in that case.....yes, dig everything that makes a fairly solid audio response......of which will be targets that are above the Disc '21' setting. You could use multi-tones......but you should find that monotone is more audibly intelligible (and less fatiguing).

Bad mineralization dirt can alter this '21' Disc setting by a little bit. Once again........find out what YOUR site/dirt commands.