Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Headphones for Tom tuned CZ6A

Posted by Diggertim 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Headphones for Tom tuned CZ6A
June 29, 2017 01:58AM
Hi all,
I just bought a CZ6A that's been tuned by Tom and am looking to buy a set of headphones. Never used headphones and I'm hoping to find out what others use with this machine. Any input is appreciated.
thank you
diggertim
Re: Headphones for Tom tuned CZ6A
June 29, 2017 02:21AM
I use Troy Pro headphones most of the time in the city.

Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones are very nice.

Entry level money for nice quality:

Garrett 1600

Jensen Heavy Duty by AudioVox

I have "a bunch" of headphones if you want to try something out let me know.
Try something you like, I'll cut you a good deal, and you're off and running.
June 29, 2017 02:32AM
On CZs I always preferred Killer Bee Wasp Headphones. They really sound nice on that High Tone tink CZs have.
But that's just My Hearing.
June 29, 2017 01:59PM
Calrads work well for me and have on various units. Inexpensive and have had a pair for 8-9 years and still work well even though well worn...
May seem weird to use 20-25 dollar phones on expensive units but whatever works one guesses...
June 29, 2017 08:46PM
I have the Gray Ghost Ultimate's, had them many years. In fact the pads are crumbling and the foam is against my head now, lol

They make the cz tones crisp. The high tone makes a crisp ping and wakes you out of a trance. I also have used the $40 Fisher Phones and they sound fine.
June 30, 2017 01:33AM
Thank you all for the suggestions. I now have at least a few options to look at.
diggertim