Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Stay away from Photobucket..angry smiley

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Stay away from Photobucket..angry smiley
July 07, 2017 11:32PM
I logged into the Bucket a little while ago and waded through all the pop-up ads. I was able to download all my photos. I normally keep photos on a flash drive but some of them I had uploaded were before I started doing that. So you might try doing that if you don't have other copies... download the album.
July 11, 2017 02:03PM
Wally: another thing that will free up bandwidth is locking that ridiculous 'Next President' thread.
Update: now 26 thousand page views? 500K per page (with the new reduced-size files, and 800K until the reduction)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 02:25PM by Pimento.
July 14, 2017 07:07PM
Danial thx for that info. Going to do that now from the PC. Tried to view something from my phone on the bucket and when I click on the px it takes me back to the bucket icon as if it kicks me out angry smiley

Will be finding another option for my px.
July 15, 2017 12:59AM
26,000 views makes for over 150,000 ad impressions, so it is probably paying for it's bandwidth.
September 24, 2017 04:10PM
Just in case you were not aware: there is a clever hack out there that allows you to view previously-blocked photobucket images. It's an add-on for the Google Chrome browser, that tricks Photobuckets servers into thinking you're a paid-up user.
A search for 'google chrome photobucket' will find a few links, this being one of them:
[chrome.google.com]