Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ever wonder what the Board in a G-2 say's?

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ever wonder what the Board in a G-2 say's?
March 07, 2011 12:47AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

final G2 version that says G2 on the screen on start up...

Must be able to write code to the chip?

Keith
Re: Ever wonder what the Board in a G-2 say's?
March 07, 2011 02:09AM
Well it keeps Tek in the game with the G2. The T2 and LTD are different enough but you can't lose however you spend your money. Fisher and TEK both win and will most likley come out with a new machine to take the next step after the AT pro..Nothing wrong with a company trying to better our hobby I think the At will push Fisher and TEK into the next level by next year...I am sure Dave J has already started the next best machine the next platform that will take the other compaines years to catch up with.....It is fun to have exciting new machines come out every couple of years as long as they live up to the hype and produce....So far the F75 the T2 the LTD and now the G2 have made me want to hunt and keep hunting.....The other compaines I think have tried and maybe failed and Fisher and TEK are # 1 in my mind.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 07, 2011 02:46AM
Keith, you let the cat out of the bag!
March 07, 2011 03:05AM
Woof!
March 07, 2011 07:51AM
Love it!

Pretty much what we suspected all along. A simple code swap on the flash memory and you have a G2...or was that a GBSE, or was that a GB Pro.

Does make one wonder why the hold up on the G2 release considering it was just a repackaged GB?
Keith......Re: Ever wonder what the Board in a G-2 say's?
March 07, 2011 08:31AM
I am going to tell First Texas...........you were peekingsmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Was there anything on the PCB board as to what country it was manufactured in?? And whats the date on the board.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2011 08:36AM by TerraDigger.
March 07, 2011 10:34PM
Just curious, what is the most recently released version the gold bug pro or g2? It seems they keep updating the gold bug versions, are they also updating the g2 versions?
March 08, 2011 12:09AM
Are you getting 2 Gold Bugs ?.....I mean G2's ???....... Jim
March 08, 2011 12:17AM
I got a gold bug 2 and am also interested in replacing my mxt with a g2 or gold bug pro. recThe picture above shows rev 1 on a g2 so I wonder if the gold bug pros have ment ore updates for stability, sensitivity or anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 12:28AM by danderson9491.
March 08, 2011 12:25AM
I just read the thread that Mike is meeting up with the good folks from Fisher and Tek , over a few beers in Germany !!....... Maybe their havin a few too many and mixing up the boards on these machines ? ....... Hey !!.....They seem to be working just fine !!......Go figure !!...... smiling smiley
Now you know why there's a Tek and Fisher offering almost the same machine
March 08, 2011 02:20AM
ever wonder why they need Teknetic's when they have Fisher?Off er almost the same machine's just in different packaging...

well in Europe you have Joan Allen (Fisher) and Regton (Tek) they each are sole Importer's if they had one brand only one of them would have to step down....

So offer 2 brand's keep both happy...Was not a problem when FT did not own Fisher they marketed there Tek brand there fine..now they have the Fisher brand also and can't toss a coin and eliminate one importer...

Keith
March 08, 2011 04:54AM
...........and now maybe some diversity ? ........a multi what you say ? ........ Yes please !!......We'll have some of those !!........No thanks !!....No more rebadging !!.....Time for something new !!...... JIm
I did not see nothing else Terra...Just popped it open
March 08, 2011 05:56AM
While I had the screw out of the back..I was mainly looking to see what type of protection there was from moisture getting in behind the knob's since there was no nut's behind there...

I noticed the label first thing....No big deal really anyway we already knew it.....just put it up to sort of let people know that either one they have is as good as the other..I here people hung on the fence on the G2 or Gold Bug...Well it boils down to color and pole I do believe!!

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 05:59AM by Keith Southern.
Allready had 2 G2's and 3 Gold Bug's
March 08, 2011 06:11AM
Great machine's all three Gold Bugs were different .....both G2's were close to the same hardly any differences ....

It's always nice to have 2-3-4 models of a detector to see how it performs accurately ...( Crazy I Know But what are you going to do Curiosity killed the cat)

I can say though that in the digital design there seems to be less and less performance differences from machine to machine unlike the analog's.

I have 2 At-Pro's and they are eerily the same..I cant tell which one is which by just running them...they even behave the same on partially masked target's hitting in the exact same spot ...

I like that...

Keith
March 08, 2011 01:09PM
"I have 2 At-Pro's and they are eerily the same..I cant tell which one is which by just running them...they even behave the same on partially masked target's hitting in the exact same spot ... "

I hope that his consitancy is contagious with the AT Pro .. !!.... Somehow I think that when all is said and done when comparing the GB's and the G2'S and whatever else shows up rebadged , with the AT Pro , that the AT Pro is gonna shine even more !!..... AGAIN , this is MY opinion !!....and you knoe what they say about opinions !!....Jim
March 08, 2011 10:30PM
The entire/true/real intent with the Teknetics G2 is the fact that the European countries have Teknetics "EXCLUSIVE" dealers......they can ONLY sell Teknetics products.....and NOT Fisher. Sooooooo, they wanted a Gold Bug SE also; hence, the creation of the Teknetics G2. There is nothing secret about what the G2 or the Gold Bug SE is.