Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What or where is the Garrett AT MAXX or info ????

Posted by Michael296 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What or where is the Garrett AT MAXX or info ????
July 06, 2017 03:19AM
Haven't heard ANYTHING on this machine. Has it shipped ?? How does it operate ?? Any , or worse or even any different than its two brothers the Gold or Pro ???
What's going on with it ???
Re: What or where is the Garrett AT MAXX or info ????
July 06, 2017 03:55AM
I'm surprised nobody has said what you just said. Where's the Max? I guess they need to get things right before it comes out. Could be completely different than what we've see so far.

Rick
July 06, 2017 04:10AM
They are saying the release is August from what I understand. Thus nobody has them yet. There was an initial flurry of field testing hunts and videos and I think they listened to the testers and tweaked a few things prior to releasing the real deal.
July 06, 2017 04:29AM
I really do want to try one. I have almost started to buy the Impact BUT, just can't see myself pulling that trigger yet. Had a new F75 and although it was FAST, and felt light, it just didn't ring my bell. Had a ML Advantage and it was sweet BUT, it didn't ring any bells either. Have a Racer 2 and it is a great little machine and does a lot. I have both the AT Pro and the Gold and I just like them and I feel very comfortable with them. Just picked up an XP Goldmaxx Power and it sings a different kind of song, sweet and different. BUT, the AT Max surely has gotten my attention. Plus it shares the coils with its two brothers, also a REALLY big plus !!
July 06, 2017 06:05AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are saying the release is August from what I
> understand. Thus nobody has them yet. There was a
> n initial flurry of field testing hunts and videos
> and I think they listened to the testers and tweak
> ed a few things prior to releasing the real deal.

Yes, Garrett listened to the opinions of diggers and made changes to the AT Max, including adding the volume control of the speaker ...
The start of sales is expected in early autumn.

".. Official word from Garrett…

Final field testing and customer input on the AT Max metal detector revealed some opportunities that Garrett engineers are taking the time to implement. These updates include the addition of a built-in volume adjustment feature, allowing control of the detector volume when operated without headphones. (See illustration on the following page of the revamped AT Max control panel.)

Due to these updates on the AT Max, current plans are to begin shipping in August. We apologize for the brief delay, but believe that the results will be appreciated by our loyal AT customers..."

July 06, 2017 10:28AM
I wish they would have changed the coil connectors away from the 2 small pins and the location of where the coil connector jack. My fat fingers had a time trying to change out the coils the Pro and Gold.
July 06, 2017 10:29AM
I wish they would have changed the coil connectors away from the 2 small pins and the location of where the coil connector jack is. My fat fingers had a time trying to change out the coils the Pro and Gold.
July 06, 2017 12:46PM
Talk about dragging your feet! All those things should of been long done by now. Im sure when it comes out it will be a great platform, but geez, it will be almost 2018!
July 06, 2017 01:38PM
Sorta like when the captain of an Italian airliner announced: "Ladies and gentlemen we will,as promised, be landing at exactly,uh,-----soon.
July 06, 2017 01:59PM
This may be nit picking to some but important to me... I can't believe that it took Garrett this long to realize that something as basic as a volume control is necessary! And, worse yet, they had to add it to the Max as an after thought! The ATs are very capable machines but WAY to loud to run without headphones and too loud to run headphones that don't have volume control. Lack of volume control is what kept me from getting one of these machines for so long. I have the AT-Gold now and see the lack of volume control as a major design flaw...forcing the operator to use head phones when they may not want to.

Many machines now even have separate iron volume control (which is awesome). Just baffles me as to why Garrett, a major player in the market and technologically capable, didn't include this most basic feature!?

The Max would be a huge improvement had it been introduced as nothing more than Pro/Gold with volume control. I'm glad that Garrett is finally adding it.

Dean
July 06, 2017 02:50PM
The volume control or lack of one, was the reason I sold the AT Pro and Good that I had. Its main purpose of appeal to me was the ability to go in the water. However, with the Garrett underwater headphones there wasn't a volume control and the sound is ear blasting loud...louder than a gun IMO. I had to wear ear plugs when hunting in the water to soften the blast. Later on came the Gray Ghost underwater headphones for them but I can't stand Gray Ghost headphones...hate how they fit my head. With that said, the volume control is going to be a big plus for shallow water hunters that use the Garrett headphones. I will have one when they eventually come out. Hopefully they will have the kinks worked out and some added extras when it gets here. As the saying goes... it'll get here when it gets here.
July 06, 2017 03:55PM
Yes, Daniel, the only reason I got the AT-Gold is for it's water proof feature as well. With the biggest driver in VLF sales being "features" (detection depth is maxed throughout the VLF industry) it would seem to me any new machine introduced to the market would need to have at least a basic set of "features" to be competitive today. Basic features like volume control, iron volume, back light, etc. should be a given IMO. Hopefully, the Maxx will include what I consider to be "industry standard basics" (what I base my buying decisions on). We will soon see.

Dean
July 06, 2017 04:18PM
VOLUME CONTROL !!! Yeah and YEAH !! smiling smiley
July 07, 2017 06:57AM
Michael296 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VOLUME CONTROL !!! Yeah and YEAH !! smiling smiley

Should not only add volume control, but also "improve" confused smiley some points in his work ...
July 07, 2017 12:51PM
I have been watching the classifieds on the forums looking for one particular item. While my item seems to never be for sale I do see a lot of users trying to unload their AT Pros. This new detector is going to sell a ton. I was going to take the plunge, but this little hold up pushed me to the Impact. I'm not disappointed at all. The Impact turned out to be one heck of a detector in my opinion. Garrett seems to do things their way. So far it has worked out for them. You can hardly watch a Youtube dirt hunting video without seeing Garrett equipment. Garrett has their loyal following. This hold up will never sway them.
July 07, 2017 01:04PM
I've never liked the small font sizes on the AT display. Someone needs to tell the Garrett engineers that their target market is not twenty-year olds...
July 07, 2017 01:43PM
Very true, goodmore. The AT machines seem to dominate the more popular You-Tube channels. Garrett is a popular machine in the Eastern US but I rarely see one here in AZ. I started a thread about this once and nobody knew why other than perhaps here in AZ we don't have to worry so much about water (rain,etc) therefore the most desirable feature about an AT is not a consideration here (?). They are very capable machines in the field but they don't blow the doors off of any of the other many capable machines on the market and have less features...perhaps that's why they are popular...simplicity? Nok/Mak blows them away with their feature packed machines IMO. I know it sounds like I'm AT bashing here a bit... but for a purpose. I hope someone from Garrett reads this stuff and takes it back to their design dept. I now own one and find it to be a very capable machine circuitry wise. I would buy another, like the Maxx, if Garrett addressed the design flaws (top heavy /falls over lot, head phone jack in a strange spot, etc.) and included modern basic features. So, I don't have a problem with the hold up as long as they are making the much needed (IMO) improvements.

Dean