Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F75 coil questions.

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F75 coil questions.
July 17, 2017 03:19AM
I am looking at getting a extra coil for my F75 I currently have the 11"DD biaxial coil and 5" DD coil but I was wanting a mid sized coil so I am debating between the Fisher 3x6 the NEL Snake coil and the NEL Sharpshooter. Have any you tried all the coils or a couple of the coils that can give me some insight on their performance as far as Depth,target separation, and proper ID'ing of targets. I am leaning towards the Snake but I ain't locked all the way in on it yet. Thanks Morgan
Re: Fisher F75 coil questions.
July 17, 2017 06:46AM
I did not like the Sharpshooter on my F75, too much iron falsing. I think the Fisher 6x10" DD is a killer coil on the F75, and the Snake coil is OK too.

I have the Snake on my Racer and it's a killer coil on that platform.
July 17, 2017 02:22PM
I have several coils for my F75. The NEL Sharpshooter is the coil of choice for me and is the coil that stays on the F75. I am a coin shooter in newer parks and schools and occasionally in a vacant lot. The Sharpshooter is really balanced on the F75 and I am not bothered by Iron, except the crown caps and I can tell with high certainty the caps and dig very few. Otherwise, at least for me, the Sharpshooter is my coil of choice, bar none.
July 17, 2017 02:59PM
You might want to consider the F75 elliptical concentric search coil, especially if you detect in areas that are loaded with pry-caps. It and the NEL Sharpshooter search coil are my two favorites.

tabman
July 17, 2017 03:41PM
Between the Sharpshoot and Fishers 5 x 10 DD, I liked the 5 x 10 better. The sweet spot up on the toe is close to laser like like the small 5", but with better coverage. If I was to add another coil to the three I have it would be the the the bigger concentric. The 6" concentric just didn't seem to have the depth, when I hat it. HH jim tn
July 17, 2017 10:35PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Jim I didn't even think about the 5x10 DD coil it was my favorite coil when I had my F19 if it performs anywhere's close to that on a F75 I may have to get one. I now see getting 2 coils now in my future. LOL
July 17, 2017 11:45PM
It performs very well. It see's as much use on my 75 as do the 5" and 11" combined. HH jim tn
July 18, 2017 12:10AM
5x10 fisher concentric is my favorite coil, only coming off for extreme trash or fields.
July 18, 2017 12:21AM
Park - sport field - Tot Lot Type Hunting, my F75 Totally changed By adding The The 10 inch Concentric coil, it's amazing how a coil can totally change a Detector.
July 18, 2017 03:23AM
I like the 10" concentric coil also I used one of those on a F70 I had. So I believe I will be adding a 5x10 DD and a 10" concentric coil. The 10" concentric coil works great in the rusty bottle cap infested sites.
July 18, 2017 04:56AM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Between the Sharpshoot and Fishers 5 x 10 DD, I li
> ked the 5 x 10 better. The sweet spot up on the to
> e is close to laser like like the small 5", but wi
> th better coverage. If I was to add another coil t
> o the three I have it would be the the the bigger
> concentric. The 6" concentric just didn't seem to
> have the depth, when I hat it. HH jim tn

Fisher 5x10" DD was what I meant (not the 10" elliptical concentric). It's one of the best coils made for the F75 IMHO. I found that at the old iron infested sites I tend to hunt that the Sharpshooter high tone falsed a lot on larger iron. Not a bad thing if that's what you're after.
July 18, 2017 12:33PM
Does that apply to the T2 also that the Teknetic 5x10 is better? Teknetic 5x10 vs Sharpshooter.

Rick
July 18, 2017 11:20PM
Rick I never used the 5x10 DD on the T2 I had but I did use the Sharpshooter Coil and I really liked that combo.