Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX Sport vs Monte's Nail Board

Posted by vfp7 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MX Sport vs Monte's Nail Board
July 22, 2017 08:11PM
Thanks for posting this here.
July 23, 2017 03:35PM
It was great to meet Tom B. over in Idaho on a group outing, and a pleasure to get a Nail Board Performance Test 'kit' in his hands.

This was posted on my General Metal Detecting Forum on my ahrps.org website and is the first to come from a White's Electronics employee. I will do a minor critique of it over there, but this was the second time I have seen the MX Sport w/7" Detech DD coil take on the NB, and with that coil and the right settings it did OK. I am pleased White's added a smaller size coil, even from an aftermarket source, but really wished they would have just tuned up a 6½" Concentric coil for it like the Eclipse coil they have for the MXT Pro and MX5. I'd be willing to bet that combination would produce even better results!

The MX Sport unfortunately hit the market with a thud last year and I know it left me unimpressed. It looks like they have worked the bugs out of it now, and that's good news.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher-1, Makro-1, Minelab-1, Nokta-1, Tesoro-2, White's-1
Garrett MS-3 -- Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Re: MX Sport vs Monte's Nail Board
July 25, 2017 02:45AM
heck ya awesome Monte