Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ / 1270

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ / 1270
March 03, 2011 07:23PM
I have seen air test were the 1270 smoke the CZ in a air test.
14 inches with a quarter with 8in coil.
Does the 1270 hold that gain on in dirt hunting.

I have seen other machine hot in the air but drop big in the ground.
Re: CZ / 1270
March 03, 2011 07:40PM
I dont recall the particulars of my exact sens or disc settings .....but, when I owned both machines they were pretty equal as far hitting a quarter at 8"....of course these are my soil conditions, and will vary by locale. I would give the slight depth edge to the 1270 due to the signal being "slightly cleaner", but the ease and multi-tones of the cz far outweighs this, when hunting for old coins in someones manicured lawn .....IMHO. If your more of a relic hound, you would probably prefer the 1270.
March 04, 2011 12:05AM
The multi-freq CZ performs better in dirt...........especially in bad dirt (compared to 1270). In an air-test.....they are both nearly identical.
March 04, 2011 03:53AM
I consider my ground to be good and the 1270 would hit quarters at a foot in ground but only with the 10.5" coil and that's digging some pretty soft and sometimes spitty signals which I may choose not dig in a park setting.

The CZ5 I had never got that deep with the 10.5"er. It was great in iron but never had the depth on silver others claim for their CZ's. Pulled many a silver dime out of old parks in the 6-8" range left by others with the 10.5" coil. Somewhere in one of his reports Tom has some info on how the 10.5" coil does its majic (sp) on mid-depth co-located coins.

Tom