Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A Proposal For Nasa Tom

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A Proposal For Nasa Tom
March 09, 2011 12:14AM
In my prior post, [www.dankowskidetectors.com] I suggested that we test our detectors and create a database for the results. This would set the standards for models and a way to see if you have a Hot or Sub-par unit. After a lot of thought and some of the response from other users, I can see how hard this would be to do. All targets would not be the same, weather conditions, settings, etc....

So this brings me to my Proposal. If a member was willing to pay shipping to and from your location. What would you charge to do the testing? The owner would get an unbiased analysis of their unit. You could send them an email with the testing results and list them here by serial number and model. A hot unit that has documentation from you would only add value to the detector. Plus you may be able to get your hands on certain units that otherwise you may have to wait for.

Just a thought as I do not know your schedule and how much time you have available. It should not be hard to control who ships and when to keep the work load at minimum.

Tom in SC
Re: A Proposal For Nasa Tom
March 09, 2011 12:47AM
The extent of the testing (by user request) would dictate fee. Yes, my time is limited.....but this could be done. Problem is........if it is a CZ, I will most likely want to go into the unit...... and calibrate to hair-splitting specs. It's in my blood.
March 09, 2011 01:31AM
I guess that the owner and you could work out the specifics on the CZ units. PM me with your requirements $ and a shipping address. I have a new Gold Bug Pro Dp that I may send you, if you have time to do the analysis.

Tom in SC
March 09, 2011 11:42PM
PM sent.
March 10, 2011 12:54AM
I like it .
March 10, 2011 03:43AM
Tom I would be interested in this service for my CZ-70. I'll PM you for details.

Thanks,
Brian
March 10, 2011 04:43AM
Brian,

Sorry...Tom doesnt do CZ-70's.
I already asked him last spring. I sent it to FTP and Felix hooked mine up.
March 10, 2011 09:24PM
This is not for a tune up or adjustments. Just a good honest test of the unit to set standards for everyone to use.