Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Luved those analog meters...

Posted by Kevin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Luved those analog meters...
March 13, 2011 03:23AM
Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I thought I would post something. I know that the trend is toward digital readouts. and you can get much more information from them. But I miss the old analog needle sweep meters like the CZ had or has. They just looked cooler and more fun. It is sort of the same with digital clocks in autos. The most expensive autos have clocks with hands. I think they just look nicer. Does anyone else feel this way?
Re: Luved those analog meters...
March 13, 2011 03:33AM
Just as much info can be gleened from a anolog meter, from those who know how to use them. You dont see that many anymore probably because they are more expensive to make and tune. I still have a Big Bud Pro...it was a great machine for its time.
March 13, 2011 08:02AM
one of the best analog metered detectors ever built!.white's 6000 xl pro!
"dead nuts" accurate meter,and outfitted with the 6" "bullseye" coil,one of the
best "'coin snipers" ever engineered...just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 13, 2011 12:21PM
I like the entire analong setups , not just the meters, but the analog tone is hard to beat .......Very much like in music ....Analog synths have that rich timbre to them and you can draw lines around targets with their telling tones ......Digital is faster , but much more sterile , but has more of variety of features that can be crammed into a little box .... Too bad there aren't more hybrid detectors out there ....Something like the analog telling tone , but the higher speed and processing of the digital , with a decent readout and VID system .....All this with muti frequency !!.......I don't ask for much huh ? ....smiling smiley ......Jim
March 14, 2011 01:50AM
I had an older White's 5900 series three, that was just a great detector.
March 14, 2011 02:30AM
Kevin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I thought I would
> post something. I know that the trend is toward
> digital readouts. and you can get much more
> information from them. But I miss the old analog
> needle sweep meters like the CZ had or has. They
> just looked cooler and more fun. It is sort of the
> same with digital clocks in autos. The most
> expensive autos have clocks with hands. I think
> they just look nicer. Does anyone else feel this
> way?

Nothing against digital but my first love has always been analog

That is why I still swing a Fisher CZ3D.
My amplifier has vacuum tubes and my watch has hands
March 15, 2011 10:18AM
TOLH,
I just missed a nice 5900 on another forum !!.......I hear they are really SWEET machines !!.....Jim