Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

10" Elliptical Concentric for F75?

Posted by EMField 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
10" Elliptical Concentric for F75?
August 14, 2017 04:24PM
Greetings,

I added the F75 to my array of detectors about a yr ago. I have become quite fond of it, and find myself using it more than my CTX.

I got a NEL Snake coil for it soon after buying the F75, very happy with it also.

I have been mulling over the idea of adding the 10" elliptical concentric. For those of you with current/past experience with that coil on your F75's, what are your thoughts on it? Advantages/or not, over the 11" stock DD and 3.5" x 6.5" Snake. I prefer to run little, or no discrimination.

Thank you in advance for any input!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 04:36PM by EMField.
Re: 10" Elliptical Concentric for F75?
August 14, 2017 08:08PM
The elliptical-concentric has a certain percentage less falsing on steel bottle caps. IF you are not encountering heavy problems with steel bottle caps......... the justification for the 10" ellip-con....... is lessened.

And............ since you are really 'launching' with the F75........ have you had a chance to read the thread on this forum titled: Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD Prototype ?? It's the easiest thread to find........ as there's about 50,000 'views' of this thread. It may be back 50 or 100 pages!
August 14, 2017 09:53PM
EMfield,
Here is the thread NASA Tom was referring.

Quite long with loads of info.

Starting at page 13 of thread is where the DST version of F75 starts.

Enjoy

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 09:56PM by Sod-buster.
August 15, 2017 12:10AM
Thank you very much for your response Tom! You pretty much reinforced my thoughts on the concentric coil.

At some point, I think it would provide a slightly new dimension to detecting with my F75, but nothing I considered a pressing need. The 11"DD and Snake coil are doing very well for me in my first year with it.

I'd already read your Compilations #1 and 2, good information. I'll get after the recommended thread right away, it sounds like it should provide some good info. Thanks again Tom.

Sod-buster, thank you for the info and link! Greatly appreciated.
August 15, 2017 03:58PM
The 10" elliptical on DST unit also generates more EMI noise in my headphones than the DD 5 or DD 11 coils. When digging in peoples yards, though, I will pick it over the 11" DD if emi isnt bad.
August 16, 2017 02:44PM
I remember my DST with this coil helped with the caps and it found more gold jewelry than DD coils used in same small areas. Had to reduce sensitivity but in the parks in my area it was plenty deep and ID was on the money. Needed coil IMHO.