Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nice vacation & a nice surprise

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nice vacation & a nice surprise
August 25, 2017 05:28PM
I took this week off from work, first week I have ever had off in my life. Don't get any time off when you are a dairy farmer. Now that I no longer am a dairy farmer & work a "regular" 8 hour job I get weekends off plus some vacation time. Anyways we went to the beach in New Jersey (Wildwood) and had a great time. I had a Deeptech Gold and said that I would never get rid of it but as always something comes up for sale that I think that I have to try, so I sell what I have so I can get the one I want to try. I say a Deeptech Gold with 3 coils come up for sale on the forums and the boss (wife) said that I could get it. I got ahold of the seller and to my surprise he lives in New Jersey not too far from where I was staying. We made arrangements and met up and made the deal. I got the stock coil, the super six coil and the 14" coil. Wow is that 14" coil big, not real heavy but big. Haven't used the detector yet other than trying it in my yard. Air testing the large coil doesn't seem to be much deeper but in real ground hunting it very well could be, will have to see. This time I am keeping the Deeptech Gold, might sell the big coil if it is too big for my type of hunting. The super six I know for sure is a keeper.
Re: Nice vacation & a nice surprise
August 25, 2017 06:25PM
It was nice meeting you skiwhiz. Hope you make some great finds with the VG they are GREAT machines. Thanks

John
August 25, 2017 07:38PM
Sand dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was nice meeting you skiwhiz. Hope you make som
> e great finds with the VG they are GREAT machines.
> Thanks
>
> John
It was nice to meet you as well John, the detectors is in excellent condition & works great. Thank you!
August 26, 2017 12:23AM
You know when you buy the same model twice, there's a reason for it.........................this time may cement to need to hang on to it.
Have fun............

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
August 26, 2017 02:08AM
DTVG's are awesome units..

Hope you learn it well and make some great finds with it...

Yes Sand Dog is Top Notch!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 26, 2017 09:56PM
Anyone for a pool to see how long he keeps it...just joshing my friend......just part of hobby trying them all...enjoy.....
PS: tried a bunch myself.....