Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus round HF, Elliptical HF and 9" LF coils discussed.

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus round HF, Elliptical HF and 9" LF coils discussed.
August 28, 2017 07:15PM
Welcome to Deus Land. Lol

Been testing the round HF coil I received as of late.

Some preliminary data.

Round HF coil not as emi friendly as the elliptical.
And this friendliness of the round HF coil gets more unfriendly when detector is set to highest band frequency wise.

Doing some comparing at different distances, if 2 or three buds are hunting together and whichever is using the round HF coil, and they own to run same freq band for detecting, frequency offset likely needed.

Actually in these 2 places I have tested Round HF coil and compared to elliptical HF coil,,,highest band selected using round HF coil I rate as very unsatisfactory for good detecting.
Elliptical coil different ballgame,,when in highest band a few chirps but nothing to take away from worthy detecting IMO.

How do all 3 detectors feel with the different coils installed.
Winner obviously the one with elliptical.

I have no scales but detector with round HF coil when held perpendicular feels heavier than LF 9" coiled unit.
But in the coil detecting position, one would beleive the round HF coil setup is lighter feeling.

Now I have a 10 deep nickel.

The round HF coil bust this baby.
I can if you can beleive this get a very good diggable signal with coil height 6.5-7" off the ground. (Reactivty setting 1) Hot program used. NO GB manipulation done.
I should also mention here,,if I keep raising coil and sweeping, Tone providedstarts turning more iron sounding, and with continue progression upwards more grunt sounding.

More to come shortly, have to load a pic.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2017 06:23PM by Sod-buster.
Re: XP Deus round HF coil headed my way.
August 28, 2017 09:47PM
Why don't you try something different and take them both to a modern park full of aluminum and see if either can pick out the gold from the can slaw ,,,something difficult for a change.
Ferrous from non ferrous is wonderful but far too bland a diet for some of us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2017 09:47PM by shoveler.
Re: XP Deus round HF, Elliptical HF and 9" LF coils discussed.
August 31, 2017 05:58PM
What I want to know is what advantage(s) do these coils may give me.

Well, here's a pic that might show one.
f

That IH under the plane of nail.
I only used the hot program thus far checking
The elliptical coil,,the IH is invisible.

Both the round HF coil and the LF 9" round will give me signal on coin.
What differences do I note between the 2 round coils?
Signal is generally cleaner with the HF coil,,when best settings are used for both.

Biggest difference in my opinion,,coil height, round HF coil yields considerable more coil height and still gives me something to investigate.

Something else worth mentioning,
Makes me wonder if version 4.0 wasn't built around this 9" round HF coil.
Why do I say this?

Because so far this round HF coil seems to link up faster,,reminds me of version 3.2 using LF coils.

My LF coil use and elliptical coil use,,,coils don't seem to link up as fast using 4.0 version.

More data.
Took round HF coil to 2 more remote sites.

This coil, closer chirpiness wise to LF coils,,maybe a tad better using 2 lower bands of freqs,,,didn't try upper band in these 2 sites.

This coil IMO not as fun overall audio wise to hunt with vs elliptical.
Disclaimer: No lightning or thunder noted in either of those 2 sites, Clouds from TD Harvery though may be charged up.

Using hot program sens at 90 28.8 kHz, Reactivty level 2.5,,sweeping detector giving quite a bit of ground feedback, running dead on GB too.
Raising Reactivty to 3 seemed to help somewhat.

Much easier to run elliptical with negative GB a few points vs this coil,,in these 2 sites.

I can also say, much easier on average to let a small find slip by using round coil vs elliptical coil.

Also, since I have several now continuous hours on elliptical coil,,,using same program same settings today in these 2 sites, audio sounded like using the round HF coil like someone turned my car stereo up from level 7 to level 10.
Blaring volume wise.

Still see no delays when turning in Deus with the round HF coil mounted.
Turn on coil is locked and loaded.
Even changing freqs, she locks and loads fast,,no beating around the bush,

More later.

Alright some comparisons using LF 9" coil at 18khz
The round HF coil
The elliptical HF coil.

10" deep nickle, cap is placed for reference and not moved,,only the nail.
Hot program used in all cases here, sens at 92 Reactivty 2.5 silencer -1, GB to ground. Zero disc full tones used, audio response 5, level six volume on wireless headphones.
Sweep down the direction of ruler and get something tonally for me to investigate.
Two way signal provided in all pics below when swept, with settings noted.
First pic below round HF coil, freq set to 28.8 kHz,,,,14.4khz will not pass this test in pic.
cc

Next pic round HF coil freq dialed up to 54khz
f

Next pic 9" LF coil at 18khz same settings otherwise.

Next pic HF elliptical set to 14.4khz
f

Next pic hf elliptical dialed to 28.8khz
f

Next pic HF elliptical dialed to 74khz
Special note here, the nail gets sparky using this freq, but I can hear the nickel signal.

Same nickle in pics above with nail removed.
Using LF9" coil and round HF coil.
Hot program used on both Reactivty at 2.5, silencer -1, audio response 5, wireless vol 6, gB to ground. TX power 2 on LF coil. Zero disc setting full tones.
Try to see how low sens wise I can go and get a good signal although weak.
9"LF coil in 18khz sens could be lowered to 68.
9"LF did in 12khz sens could be lowered to 72

9" Round HF coil.
In 14.4khz sens could be lowered to 68
In 28.8khz sens could be lowered to 62
In 54khz sens could be lowered to 60.

Elliptical HF coil same goal as above. Same settings.
In 14.4khz sens could be lowered to 82
In 28.8khz sens could be lowered to 73
In 74khz sens could be lowered to 63.

More data. The experiement above. Yesterday the ground was dry.
Today it has been soaked by soaking rain. 3" roughly, nice slow rain mostly.
So again back to this same nickel and the goal was to see how low sensitivity wise I could get a good signal although weak.
Same settings used as above.

9" LF coil
In 12 kHz sens could be lowered to 68
In 18khz sens could be lowered to 69

9" round HF coil.
In 14.4khz sens could be lowered to 69
In 28.8khz sens could be lowered to 67
In 54 kHz sens could be lowered to 63

Elliptical HF coil
In 14.4khz sens could be lowered to 85
In 28.8khz sens could be lowered to 72
In 74khz sens could be lowered to 63

Edited 15 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2017 09:47PM by Sod-buster.
September 03, 2017 06:00PM
Been back out with round HF coil, to 2 sites.
Pic below is the first site, shovel/detector very near where the small cut bit was found using HF coil.
Notice behind, if you zoom, the tree line is the government boundary. River sets behind still a good ways down the hill past this boundary.
If you will and after zooming, look right, inn the back of the clearing before woods, is where fort actually stood.

Made 2 nonferrous finds only with round HF coil.
I am not through here by no means using any detector and or coils coils,
Will go back many more times.

Found a pice of modern trash, one small nail, and a nonferrous some thing, thin, looks like some kinda junk metal quality something. Related to fort or soldiers I can't say.
Will post a pic of these.
f

Some comments on running the round HF coil here.
At Reactivty levels 2.5 and 3 (all I tried) and used both 28.8khZ and 54khz,,,when balanced to ground, detector gives a lot of feedback. If I raise GB a couple points, much quieter.
Using 54khz this morning in 2 sites very useable, not as quiet as Elliptical HF coil though (has been in the past in these 2 sites), didn't do actual comparison this morning.

This next site, a super challenged with ferrous.
So far using both the elliptical And round coils, not much nonferrous found.
This could also by not doing so far be linked to my lack of skill and experience with both coils.

Did make 2 nonferous finds though.
Neither were textbook signals.
The rounder looking lead (supposed out of shape small musket ball) was found using 54khz Reactivty 3.
The only way I can desribe the signal it produced,,is something not right as far as it being ferrous sounding.

The flatter piece of lead found using highest freq in the middle band,,31.xx kHz, Reactivty 2.5.
This object provided an extremely weak only a 2 way signal,,,using pinpoint I could never get anything on it tone wise.
This object's orientation unknown, but was depth wise Garrett pinpoint length wise deep plus 1/4"-1/2" .

Someone on this forum some time ago had a not so good a shape. $1 gold coin for sale.
Like a dummy I didn't buy.

Someone IMO needs to do some testing using both of these coils with the elusive $1 gold coin.
And Inwould hope this someone would live where the dirt is at least medium mineralized.

I have a strong hunch depth using both of these coils has been extended somewhat on smaller mid conductors and lower conducive targets buried.
In a few weeks, might be even a few days.
I have an adjacent site that will look like the pic above as far as short grass, after I or some one else cuts with tractor.

Btw the ferrous thingy with the T shape.
I have never ever heard previously any of my Deus units sound like they did while swing over this thing,,the reason I dig.
f
I will likely post more here later, but will include in this post,,somas not to bump.
Don't want to upset anyone here, some folks might be interested in what I have say.
Gotta eat, let the sun get a might lower and go back, and get some more experience with the HF coils.

Some more run time detecting.
I need to say here, I have referred to the round HF coil being noisy.
This should be applied here as far as comparing to the elliptical HF coil.
I ran the LF coil a while in some same places where I thought the round HF coil was noisy.
Over more or less cleaner ground, 9" LF coil and Round HF coil with same settings sounded very close to one another noise wise.
The elliptical HF coil will spoil a persons with its quiteness.

Also, until today I have experienced zero problems with round HF coil linking up.
But here is what was different today I think contributed to the problems I had,,,this would be turning on the headphone module first vs remote.
All 3 times I experienced problems headphone module turned on before remote.
Couple different problems too.
One was the audio was messed up, I could even sweep my shovel and all I got was a sputter for audio.
Turning off headphone module then back on remedied.
The other problem I experienced was no coil for a while.
This happened to twice when turning on headphone module first.

Didn't find much, but for a third time experienced something I have seen using elliptical HF coil,,but this time was with using round HF coil.
In the pic below, notice the round lead ( I think this one is not a musket ball but 00 buckshot maybe) same though it is round and is lead.
When I swept this target, had I swept with LF coil using old Deus mentality, and someone would have been standing beside me I would have told them, target likely a 2-3" piece of flat iron.
A very broad signal, sounded closer to iron wrap, pinpoint was huge in size too. (For this target's size)
At around 5" deep, even with the plug dug and flipped over, sweeping still didn't reveal a clear nonferrous signal ( one you could take to the bank).
But busting plug, eventually the mighty Deus gave a nonferrous tone,
Was running 28.8khz hot program btw.
No iron noted around or near this what seems like a lead buckshot, using detector and pinpointer.

I think the pieces I found are from a harmonica reed, I fractured when digging I think.

Is this roundness causing or a contributing factor??
And in conjunction with some soil making??

Also need to say here, big difference in how the round HF coil feels vs the 9" LF coil.
On a long days hunt round HF coil likely will yield being less tired vs LF coil.

Did run elliptical coil a bit.
Made one find in a very ferrous loaded spot.
28.8 kHz Reactivty 4 used hot program,,,a 4 way signal weaker but smooth. Missed target when digging, pinpointer indicated target at approx 5" deep.
With scraping a little dirt in size of hole, I could see the target flat and on edge.
Some kind of nonferrous pot metal, Inhave dug some of this stuff in this site before, not much though,
Just a couple hunts using the Deus and mostly HF coils, to try and see what tendencies these coils have.
r

Labor Day afternoon hunt 9-4-2017

Used the round HF coil.
Hunted in a field for a while used 28.8 kHz found a piece of lead and what seems to be part of battery cable,,deep too. Faint signal audio wise.
Grass was tall too, but I just pushed through.

Then later a spot not far away, a tree sits, I have played ring around the Rosie's here for last 4 years or so with Deus using LF 9" and 11" coils.
I went around this tree using 28.8khz and made a few finds.
Then I went back around using 54khz. Boy oh boy, the nonferrous finds popped then.

These shotgun shell hulls,,,every one of them encased in those old red bricks when dug.
So my question is,,was it the old bricks masking these. In combination with the primer (steel) maybe that confuses LF coils useage on Deus?
I don't know exactly.
2 objects are bent nails, and a spring like off of a rat trap or clothes pin I think.

But in real polluted spots the highest freq band seems does some thing.
I did compare these signal using 28.8 kHz,,nothing Inwould have thought there nonferrous, sounded like relic iron,

I don't think I will be getting rid of this coil, or the elliptical either.
I see strengths with both.

Now, these finds not nothing to get excited about right?
Some may think so.
But not me.
These finds here told me some thing.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2017 12:43AM by Sod-buster.
September 06, 2017 07:38PM
Alright,
Spent around 5 hours this morning with the HF elliptical coil.
Back to the fort site to do some X-raying. Lol

Didn't find much.
Weather and ground,,,a 10 plus for rating,

Now some have read my post here about masking I beleive going on with the big terminal and wires.

Well here is some info I will share.

Now, this here may not apply to everyone's soil and sites.
But it does it seems with mine.

If a person in my neck of the woods decides to hunt a site (old) and uses HF elliptical coil on Deus.
And the ops decides to use 14.4 kHz and hunt the site.
After hunting hard could say a deeper IH coin, etc be missed using 14.4khz ( a solo sitting IH, etc) ?
Well I say yes.
Why?

After hunting a while this morning I got curious and decided to do some experimenting.

Remember those zinc washers ??,,btw I think all the washers in this site are zinc not copper. But 2 different ones.
The washers appear to be in the zincoln/IH range conductivity wise.

Disclaimer.
The ground here yields 5-6 dots in Deus mineral strength meter with elliptical HF coil attached.

Now some may be thinking a washer, since it has a hole in the middle this probably may not be a good test itme to even be talking about.
This may be true.
But I will still share data as far as my experieces with the tests.

So what I did was use 28.8khz to locate what I thought was a weaker signal, yet audio was higher and smooth,,,,and IMO these targets were indeed the dreaded zinc washers.

I located 6 different weak signals and after locating did complete 360 degree rotations on while sweeping listening to tone and tone behavior.
After I did this with each one, I switched to 14.4khz kHz using the same settings I used to discover (ensured GB for each freq used was spot on).
What did I witness?

Every single washer discovered giving weak signal using 28.8 kHz that was looked at with 14.4 kHz,,,Using 14.4khz signal degraded badly. Also using 14.4khz I could see dead spots in detection as I rotated on many of them.

Some of these washers picked up using 28.8khz, I would have gave the following percentage odds of being a nonferous target. >95 % ,,,some of these same washers I rated with this ">95 % rating" when I switched to 14.4kH the percentage I would rate dropped to <15% chance of being nonferrous.

I dig each and every one of these targets,, and yes all turned out to be a washer.
None were deep,,,all less than 7" deep, some as shallow as 5" deep.
I even checked orientation of each washer when dug,,,some were flat, some were titled and some were on edge.

Now, one thing I notice using this elliptical coil,,can apply to round HF coil too.
Deus users with experience know the iron grunt using full tones when over iron.

Well, this morning and I have been hearing this as I use these HF coils,, there are actually ( this is not ideally stated) but the only way I know how,,,Deus can provide really like 3 levels of grunt.
The raspy hard grunt I call it. Usually iron or nail everyday of the week.
The medium sounding grunt. Usually iron or nail every day of the week.
And then there is this one,,mild grunt.

This mild grunt is what a lot of the washers above gave for a signal when I selected 14.4khz and swept.
The tone just seems to hang so extremely close to iron range.
Even my trained ear can't decide or make a good certainty if target is nonferrous or not.
But this higher freq 28.8khz seems turns these iron tone sounding objects to a much better odds wise of determining nonferrous object, hence dig.
I have even heard this mild grunt using 28.8 kHz while sweeping targets...Usually these turn out to be deeper,,,or maybe a thin find shallower but on edge moreso.

Deus tonal transition as the targets felt conductivity by the detector seems has varied levels or reporting.
Much more than a beep and dig.

Just thought I Would share.

Forgot to say one thing here.
If I get this mild grunt "suspicious sounding target to me", if I swing too fast over I can make it turn more into medium grunt.
So by relying on the fast sweep tonal info, person could walk right on,,leave their prize buried.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2017 07:52PM by Sod-buster.
September 08, 2017 01:41AM
Five more hours today hunting using round HF coil.

Used today for open field relic hunting.

This setup is the Bomb.
At least in my soil.
This coil likes irregular shaped, flat, out of round, thinner,,,but for whatever reason round like as in marbel shaped,,,this coil tries to throw tone more toward iron tone. Round object doesn't have to be deep either.

Coil using 28.8 kHz is super duper swing speed forgiving, yet it locks on tonally like no tomorrow.

I played a lot today with tracking GB.
It does work,,,but repeated swings over iron can cause it to track out. Not too many swings either.
If you lay detector down to recover target with tracking on,,,good chance it will lose track too.
For example actual ground phase using 28.8khz was around 69.
When the detector tracked out due to iron it would go somewhere around 60/61 every time.
When I layed detector down, every single time it would track to 82/83.
Beginners using this setup and if you use tracking, be mindful when laying detector down.
It can cause your discovered target to vanish if you decide to swing over during recovery phase.

A very high majority of nonferrous targets recovered today, with plug dug, and even with them remaining incredibly intact and upside down,,,swing coil over plug,,,iron tone to near iron tone produced. Finds were there alright. (Most had no iron noted in plug either)

This coil today ran nice and stable with a sens of 92 dialed in.

Them old square nails suspended vertically in the ground can throw one for a loop every now and then.

The coil using 28.8 kHz smacks lead, brass extremely well, them old flat buttons too.

Was even successful today hunting in tall weeds/hay using the coil.

I look forward to seeing from feedback from folks using this detector coil setup along with the elliptical coil up around the Cullpeper area.
September 08, 2017 02:43PM
More data.
Comparing round 9" HF coil to 9" LF coil.

Over a deep nickel.

The round HF coil seems is letting this nickel through easier tonally using all freq bands.

What I did is set Reactivty to levels 0 and 1,, both coils.
And set silencer to maximum.

Using the 9" LF coil at reactivity level 0 with maximum silencer set,,,good luck finding this nickel,,,no cigar.
Advancing reactvity to level 1 with a maximum silencer I can hear the nickel.,shoddy tone, extremely burping sounding, Coil position when swept extremely critical to even get this burpy short tone.

Now using the Round HF coil with Reactivty set to 0 with maximum silencer,, tone is provided burpy sounding, coil position extremely critical-- mimmicks tone wise coil behavior position wise close to LF coil using Reactivty level 1 at maximum silencer setting.

Advance Reactivty to level one, maximum silencer a good signal,,very diggable,,much more coil position forgiving here vs LF coil equivalent settings.

The test above were done with HF coil at freqs 14.4khz and 28.8 kHz.
LF coil set to 17730 Hz.
Both coils set to
Hot program, sens 92, audio resp 5, 0 disc full tones,,ground balance adhieved with each coil and or freq used.
5 ticks in the mineral strength meter when pumping coil over down ground.

Might add using reactivity levels 2 2.5, 3 and 4 and with silencer set set to -1,,, round HF coil much more coil position friendly to get dig me tone. Sweep speed more friendly too(allows faster sweep when nickel is flushed vs LF coil).

Additional data using elliptical HF coil over same nickel.
Used freqs 14.4khz and 28.8khz
Reactivty setting 0 silencer maxed using 28.8 kHz a very good signal,,equates roughly to round HF coil with Reactivty set to 1 and max silencer.(a tiny bit better than round HF coil here)
Using 14.4khz reactivity 0 silencer maxed not as good a signal vs 28.8khz same settings, still good though.

Reactivty raise to 1 silencer maxed both freqs provide good signal,,28.8 kHz still slightly leads though.

This tests give me hints,,,5 bar ground HF elliptical may be deeper seeking,,at least be able to discern deeper nonferrous from ferrous.
Listening to what I call the ground component of signals ( irony sounding).
Could be in 5 bars f75 dirt,,elliptical coil will allow at least a user to run a full number lower Reactivty wise without turning nonferrous to ferrous tones. Maybe 2 full numbers lower with a trained ear or 11/2 numbers lower.

There are however 3D detecting scenarios in and around iron round HF has advantage over elliptical.
And vice versa too.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 05:45PM by Sod-buster.
September 10, 2017 12:18AM
Not much detecting done today.
Was ask to test a 10" deep clad dime uaing round HF coil for a gent.
So thought I would share here.

I compared the round HF, 9" LF and the elliptical HF coil over 3 different freshly buried clad dimes 10" deep in the same field.
Mineral strength meter reads 6 ticks.
Audio response 5, headphone vol6, sens dialed to 92 on all.
The HF coils were allowed only to be run at their center freq per freq band.
Plugs wer kept intact as possible, coin placed in side of hole, with a lot of stomping on the plug afterwards.
All 3 buried dimes yielded for a practical purposes the same results.

All three dimes using all three coils were compared from the best possible angle of sweeping over the buried dimes.

First off LF 9" coil,,no diggable signal, using any programs and settings I could think of. Even deep mode tx power 2 and 3.
Did not try to manipulate GB on any of the coils

Round HF coil gave best signal using deep program and freqs of 28.8 kHz and 54khz.
14khz only pecked on the dime. Reactivty settings 2 and 2.5 silencer -1,,,btw signal could be acquired even with silencer maxed.
Running Reactivty below 2.5 did seem to add some iron component to signal and made a bit more choppy.
Inwould likely stick with Reactivty 2.5 when hunting this ground based on what I heard using this coil,,,for max depth.
Reactivty 3 silencer -1,,signal a no go.
Tried hot program,,using 14.4khz good luck finding this dime!!!
Using 28.8khz gave a signal but not as good as deep program.
Using 54 kHz gave a signal better than using this same program and 28.8khz.

Deus fast program,,14.4khz a no go.
Using freq 28.8 kHz a signal gotten worse than signal obtained using hot program same settings.
Using freq 54khz a signal worse than hot program same settings.

GM Power actually gave the second best signal obtained.
But 14.4khz again a no go.
Using 28.8 kHz sounded smooth but weaker than deep program same settings.
Using 54khz sounded ok but had seemed more of an iron component to tone,,still Inwould dig.

Now for the elliptical.
First off Reactivty setting could be dialed to level 2 and produce morseso the no irony sounding tone similar to round HF coil-- with freqs and programs/ settings where dime was detected.

Hot program.
Using 14.4khz good luck finding this dime!!!
Using 28.8 kHz sounded nice,, weak though,,would dig.
Uaing 54khz sounded ok, broader signal,,would dig.

Deep program.
Using 14.4khz only signal I got, I would rate because I knew the dime was down there,,,would likely never dig.
Using 28.8khz nice signal, a tad more coil height (not much).
Didn't try 74khz.

Deus fast
Using 14.4khz good luck finding this dime!!
Using 28.8khz a shady signal, person better be on their game to hear this one and dig.

GM power
Using 14.4khz good luck finding this dime!!
Uaing 28.8khz a good signal I would rate a signal value wise in between signal achieved. using hot program and deep program.

These test more or less mirror a lot of what I saw when Imcompared coils over some zinc washers that have been buried since 1992/1994.

Relic hunters, maybe even coin hunters who have ground as minerlized or even moreso,,,Round HF coil and elliptical seems to have some advantage.
Depth.

Now there are also some separation advantages as well.

Seems in my area using the 14.4khz on the HF coils, would is it good for?
Certainly not depth, or separation.

Maybe it might make a good depth meter.
Reckon.
Get a signal with no iron tone using higher freqs, toggle to 14.4khz and no signal.. Yep that might tell me some thing.

In my soil it seems the round HF coil by the strength of signal I heard today comparing does have some depth advantage.

In taller grass round HF coil definitely has advantage for depth moreso.

The elliptical coil,,it just might be when you consider all things (higher mineral, depth, separation) using Deus v4 platform to be the overall most versatile setup made to date.
Too bad on the ID side of the house though.
But it will give tone.
Better than nothing.

Wish Inwould have had my deep tech warrior with me.
I would tried it too.
Maybe another day.

Cheers
September 11, 2017 01:00PM
Yesterday's hunt finds.
Hunting basically behind Deus LF coils using the round HF coil.

Liking the round coil for open field hunting.
Saw some very good 3 d action using coil with shallow nail perched above nonferrous ( deeper)

Basically using this coil,,best advice might be for relic hunting,,,know what iron and nails ideally sounds like,,,if you don't hear this over suspect area = dig.
You are liables to be rewarded with a nonferrous find.
Hearing just one iron grunt (short) with no follow up iron grunt, yet hear some noise tonally= suspect area.

Again the round(er) lead gives more of a irony broader signal.
I am getting used to it.
Dug a big flat button, with checkerboard design on face,,never have dug one of these in this area before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 01:04PM by Sod-buster.
September 27, 2017 12:47AM
More hf elliptical and round HF coil info.

After more additional hours running both coils.
Elliptical my favorite of the 2, by a wide margin too.

Round HF coil is deeper, and allows for additional,coil,height above ground,,if site conditions dictate this is a plus.

But IMO more finds likely to be had overall in sites with iron a and nails using elliptical HF coil.

I have enough data now to support the following.

If you bust a site hard with Noktae impact using smaller football coil using 20 kHz,,,you go in behind using Deus and elliptical coil,,,most approx coin sized finds found evening Impact will be deep. Like 7-10" deep.
And a person likely will see what I call the " cutoff iron" present that kept the target from being had with Deus 9" LF coil.

Elliptical coil is a hum dinger IMO for hunting older sites.
Get ready to get surprised too, when hunting previously hard hunted sites.

I have even dig some smaller than typical coin size high conductive junk targets at very respectable depths using 28.8khz.

Another thing about this coil,,user cannot go on with one set of settings like reactivity 2.5 freq 28.8khz and hunt and declare site dead.
Other Reactivty settings can pull more goods like 2.0 and 3, and 4.

Person needs to take their time using this coil too.

It is just a matter of time before someone pulls a very nice find using elliptical coil in old site.
I have made one so far.

Folks I notice folks are glued it seems to the Equinox.
Well, I am following, but anyone who is wanting some extraordinary performance right now,,,Deus and elliptical will do.

Cheers.