Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Minelab machine at Detectilval

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Minelab machine at Detectilval
August 30, 2017 03:17PM
Well, we can speculate to the moon and back, but why the suspense? To drum up attention for Detectival? I wonder what they will unveil? A grainy photo? A full layout? When will this machine be available? Fall 2017? Spring 2018?

Let me see if I could deduce some information here from information posted across multiple forums:

The name: Seems to be a consensus that the name will be Equinox. Reminds me of the Chevy Equinox(like a rock! j/k). A possible name for sure as Minelab put a copyright on it. Of course it may be named something entirely different.

What type: Multi frequency? There is a ton of speculation as to what type of machine it will be. Single freq, multi freq, a vlf/pulse hybrid. All of these have been thrown around. From what I gather, I don't think it will be a hybrid nor a single freq.

The ad specifically says, "renders all single frequency detector obsolete". THAT is a powerful statement! They specifically point out two things: "single frequency" and "VLF". The way it is phrased, it could mean that it is a multi-freq machine running simultaneously(as this would render a single freq machine obsolete). It could also mean that it is a single freq machine with bells and whistles.

IN MY OPINION, Minelab is keeping an eye on the market. The are witnessing things other manufactures are doing and taking notes. I believe that this machine is in direct response to Nokta's Impact. Although some will argue it takes a long time to develop a machine, I am willing to bet they are siting on certain tech until other manufactures "catch-up". Therefore, I would suggest that this was sitting around in R&D waiting for the right moment to go into production.

Ergonomics: It has been also thrown around, that the new machine will use the design and ergonomics of the Gold Monster. while I can see the economics of such a move, would it be the best choice? I would prefer something designed differently, but we will see.

Price: Ahhh, this is the real crux of the issue isn't it? I heard $859 to $4000 and all prices in between. To be competitive, a lesser price point means more sales. Like everyone here, i also am wishing for a reasonable price.

While there is much more to discuss, i fell these are the more important topics of concern in regards to the new machine.
Re: New Minelab machine at Detectilval
August 30, 2017 05:54PM
Good topic. I think it could be direct respond for XP Deus. Both companies are in WAR.
August 30, 2017 10:28PM
Cross between the Deus and Impact? That's my guess cool smiley

Hoping for decent weight and balance with an up to date rechargeable battery system, wireless headphones etc...

Oh yea, and all for under a grand.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
August 31, 2017 01:57AM
Jackpine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cross between the Deus and Impact? That's my gues
> s cool smiley
>
> Hoping for decent weight and balance with an up to
> date rechargeable battery system, wireless headpho
> nes etc...
>
> Oh yea, and all for under a grand.

and with internet updatable software, lol
September 16, 2017 05:01PM
Looks like I came pretty close!
September 16, 2017 05:06PM
I think the waterproofing caught some folks off guard.
September 16, 2017 05:46PM
This is new Go Find. Very simple machine. For everyone. Icons. Manual ground balancing and automatic with pumping. Recovery speed adjustment also. Waterproof 3m. Single freqs. Or multi.
September 16, 2017 05:48PM
Few movies here:

[m.facebook.com]