Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Give me 3 tones

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Give me 3 tones
August 30, 2017 10:53PM
1 for iron (which we have, although not perfect but works pretty good) 1 for aluminum ( which we don't have at all )and 1 for everything else. When we talk about hunting in trash it's mostly about iron, but you've got to admit nowadays aluminum is just as much a pain in the hind end as iron. More so in my opinion because you can't disc it out without losing a lot of good targets. Been relic hunting for over 40 years and at 68 I'm ready to here an aluminum tone before I run out of time. Ya reckon that 3rd tone is in the works. smileys with beer
Re: Give me 3 tones
August 30, 2017 11:19PM
I always thought 3 to 4 Tones is all You need with 4 Being My Fave amount. That's why I love My CZ-3D,Golden uMax and even have My Etrac set at 4 Tones. More than that drives Me crazy. Add a Little Modulation and I am set.
August 30, 2017 11:24PM
Same here

have my ctx set on 4 tones and 85% of the time I run my Deus on 4 tones
August 30, 2017 11:35PM
Thanks Michigan and Harold. But do those units give a distinct tone on aluminum say, as most units give a distinct sound on iron. Be patient I'm old school.
August 30, 2017 11:57PM
Most smaller aluminum will be your next tone above iron in 4 tones (example)

nail/iron = low
aluminum tab = lower mid tone
indian head = mid high tone
silver/copper = highest tone
August 31, 2017 12:04AM
Hey Bill !!

Aluminum resolution is tough..

We want that resolution on aluminum in trash like we do iron in nail beds..BUT aluminum is tough to distinguish from other Good metals like coins ..Luckily pulltabs are somewhast normalized and screw caps too..but there's all sort so other SLAW pieces out there..

I actually find 99 tones tones and blendy audio to tell me more about aluminum than simpler tones if I'm limited to holes i can or want to dig ..

The thing about multi tones on aluminum is tones will jump alot more than on a ROUND coin...

I had and idea about resolution on Pull Tabs and such and Alper actually took it to heart and implemented it on the Impact..the idea was to be able to Notch the pull tabs and still hear them with a low iron tone..that way the audio gate stays open continuous but for the tabs there iron tone and also have ability to be adjusted by the iron volume control for that tone.

There's also units out there that you can assign a ID or groups of ID's any tone you like and that also may be of help to you..could do three tones but have them to your liking..

One nice thing though is also machine with multi notch that use bleedy blendy audio is that you can null the trash through multi nothing and you still can get very good separation of say tasb and coins intermingled audio wise without staring at a meter..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 31, 2017 11:56AM
Hopefully one day a manufacturer will make a non fbs Vlf detector with aluminum mode- multifrequency.

Closet thing so far has been White's V3 series.

If White's would have used different frequencies, like 5, 15, and 20khz, and would have allowed just 2 frequencies to be run at a time (users choice).
The correlate feature with user setting delta difference for signals, would have been nice.

Even the Impact could be further developed here and maybe do this.

Btw, Impact currently can by manually switching freqs, works well in aluminum.
Slow process, user will dig very little junk.
User just needs to set up in their mind their own delta difference they see when choosing to dig.
And having the end around method of changing freqs on Impact is nice- going from 5khz to 20khz and vice versa.
XP, don't know why they didn't do on Deus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2017 12:21PM by Sod-buster.
September 01, 2017 07:56PM
Sod-buster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully one day a manufacturer will make a non f
> bs Vlf detector with aluminum mode- multifrequency
> .
>
> Closet thing so far has been White's V3 series.
>
> If White's would have used different frequencies,
> like 5, 15, and 20khz, and would have allowed just
> 2 frequencies to be run at a time (users choice).
> The correlate feature with user setting delta diff
> erence for signals, would have been nice.
>
> Even the Impact could be further developed here an
> d maybe do this.
>
> Btw, Impact currently can by manually switching fr
> eqs, works well in aluminum.
> Slow process, user will dig very little junk.
> User just needs to set up in their mind their own
> delta difference they see when choosing to dig.
> And having the end around method of changing freqs
> on Impact is nice- going from 5khz to 20khz and vi
> ce versa.
> XP, don't know why they didn't do on Deus.

Bingo mate. This way is going AKA with new Intronic. Two frequencies in the same time. With V3i even with 3 feq. you can easy recognize it by comparing it to lowest freq. calue.
September 01, 2017 08:27PM
Shelton Wrote:
> Sod-buster Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hopefully one day a manufacturer will make a non
> f
> > bs Vlf detector with aluminum mode- multifrequen
> cy
> > .
> >
> > Closet thing so far has been White's V3 series.
> >
> > If White's would have used different frequencies
> ,
> > like 5, 15, and 20khz, and would have allowed ju
> st
> > 2 frequencies to be run at a time (users choice)
> .
> > The correlate feature with user setting delta di
> ff
> > erence for signals, would have been nice.
> >
> > Even the Impact could be further developed here
> an
> > d maybe do this.
> >
> > Btw, Impact currently can by manually switching
> fr
> > eqs, works well in aluminum.
> > Slow process, user will dig very little junk.
> > User just needs to set up in their mind their ow
> n
> > delta difference they see when choosing to dig.
> > And having the end around method of changing fre
> qs
> > on Impact is nice- going from 5khz to 20khz and
> vi
> > ce versa.
> > XP, don't know why they didn't do on Deus.
>
> Bingo mate. This way is going AKA with new Introni
> c. Two frequencies in the same time. With V3i even
> with 3 feq. you can easy recognize it by comparing
> it to lowest freq. calue.

I look forward to hearing more on the Intronic detector.

This using multi freq like with 2 freqs.
Yes, if a delta difference could be programmed-nice

Even better, is if detector after alerting (even with no delta dialed in) would display a delta number difference on screen.
Then a person could decide to have a go digging or not.
And if detector can't by whatever it's detecting (scenario wise) can't give a delta, then tell user on screen.
Iron would likely be one reason for no or very little delta difference shown.

There are some things that can be done to help the detectorists, electronically.
Just need to get them in one package or a couple new releases.
Somebody will do.
You watch.
Maybe the Intronic is one of them.
No system will ever be foolproof.
But shouldn't stop manufacturers from doing.
September 01, 2017 11:30PM
Guys I really appreciate ya'lls response to my post. But you fellows talk so much above my head I'm kinda embarrased to even respond. Up until 6 years ago I was still hunting witha 1266. Just before that an ole nautilus mf. Before that, well discrimination wasn't in the vocabulary. Nail board tests and all those things were never heard of. But 6 years ago when I got with the program and bought a detector with multiple tones, big time discrimination, numbers to tell me to dig or not to dig, well finds have decreased, good ones as well as trash ( I do realize that may be due to user ignorance). That being said I have done pretty good.but never before that did I stop to analyze a target. Its kind of like cooking bacon. It's much faster in the micro wave but taste way better cooked in an iron skillet. All that being said. I love the ability to identify iron, as imperfect as that function may be its a good thing. I should have started my post with give me a better 2 tone. Where Iron and aluminum both give an iron grunt but all other targets give a high tone. I know at this point that's not in the works. But with all this new technology it may be just around the corner. That would be awesome.
September 02, 2017 11:05AM
To me the CTX made a big jump in TID. Im thinking we need to work a little more on the headphone responses. We all know what a good pair of headphones can do when it comes to helping ID a target.

Dew
September 02, 2017 12:15PM
CTX and V3i from Whites. Both are very good ID machines... but still too slow... and not always deep enough. If you get iron or trash ocean you need to sweep very slow. Is not easy.

We are in point that we need something new. Now or never...
September 02, 2017 08:45PM
Yeah V3i is way off base for dissection..

the Racer 2 dissects the best with three tones of any unit I've ever used..its on three tones and is perfect..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 04, 2017 05:06PM
All a matter of personal preferences and recognizing audio variances but 3 tones works for me...
September 04, 2017 05:37PM
Bill long Wrote:
> 1 for iron (which we have, although not perfect bu t works pretty good)
> 1 for aluminum ( which we don't have at all )and 1 for everything else.

What's aluminum? Is it foil, or pull tabs, or screw caps, or a crushed can? Aluminum runs the full gamut of the non-ferrous range, just like "gold" does. I once dug up an aluminum token that ID'd solidly as a silver dollar. It was the exact same size & thickness, so it was pretty exciting until I pulled it out of the hole and realized it didn't weigh anything. Maybe an iron tone with adjustable break point, and a low-conductor tone with adjustable break point.
September 04, 2017 07:47PM
3 tones is one too many for me. I have always been a single tone guy, but now that I have a detector with 2 tones (DeepTech Vista Gold) I am actually really liking the 2 tones.
September 05, 2017 01:36AM
Carl,

About 15 years ago..... John Chernekoff (and Roger Cimino) sent me a pair of Fisher 1270's. One was HRAD...... the other HRID.

HRAD = Hi Resolution Aluminum Discrimination
HRID = Hi Resolution Iron Discrimination

A lot was gleaned from the HRID (((in unmasking.... worthy of future development))). But...... The HRAD unit ....... could never find a 'niche' / place..... in any real applications. No magic bullet. For poor-mans Notch circuitry (a linear Disc pot)........ the unit had merit; yet, there were plenty of other units that could do the same. I did feel like there was a very slight (negligible) aluminum Disc 'edge' (at that technological point on our time-continuum); yet, the full-spectrum of aluminum conductivity...... rendered the concept: null/void.

Yet.......... to this day....... with further technological advancements............. I often wonder if ....... say a U.S. $2.50 Quarter-Eagle gold coin....... and a aluminum soda tab of identical conductivity. . . . . . . . . . . . . that simply the delta (density difference) is electromagnetically "signature" different. In other words: The conductivity is the same; yet, the 'density' EM signature is dramatically different.
Can this be measured ((( and audibly reported ))).
September 05, 2017 01:39AM
Like MRH stated, the E-Trac or CTX in 4 tones alerts to and IDs aluminum very well. A small coil and slow going is the ticket for trashy spots.

Dean
September 07, 2017 12:20AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Carl,
>
> About 15 years ago..... John Chernekoff (and Roger
> Cimino) sent me a pair of Fisher 1270's. One was
> HRAD...... the other HRID.
>
> HRAD = Hi Resolution Aluminum Discrimination
> HRID = Hi Resolution Iron Discrimination
>
> A lot was gleaned from the HRID (((in unmasking...
> . worthy of future development))). But.....
> . The HRAD unit ....... could never find a 'niche'
> / place..... in any real applications. No magic bu
> llet. For poor-mans Notch circuitry (a linear Disc
> pot)........ the unit had merit; yet, there were p
> lenty of other units that could do the same. I did
> feel like there was a very slight (negligible) alu
> minum Disc 'edge' (at that technological point on
> our time-continuum); yet, the full-spectrum of alu
> minum conductivity...... rendered the concept: nul
> l/void.
>
> Yet.......... to this day....... with further tech
> nological advancements............. I often wonder
> if ....... say a U.S. $2.50 Quarter-Eagle gold coi
> n....... and a aluminum soda tab of identical cond
> uctivity. . . . . . . . . . . . . that simply the
> delta (density difference) is electromagnetically
> "signature" different. In other words: The conduc
> tivity is the same; yet, the 'density' EM signatur
> e is dramatically different.
> Can this be measured ((( and audibly reported ))).

" Can this be measured and audibly reported" That's exactly what I'm trying say. Audibly reported like iron is. If not an iron tone something just as dramatic.