Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F.Y.I. Trime info...

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F.Y.I. Trime info...
June 04, 2011 05:49PM
By the response to my Findmall Trime post I was really surprised by how many people didnt even know they existed let alone how small and thin they are, and to be honest I wasnt aware of the size either. I was quite shocked at how small & thin that coin was when I found it.

[www.findmall.com]

I have gathered some data on the 4 land machines I use the most and their response to the Trime.

#1) V3i- This is the machine I found it with. I was using the coin and jewelry program that I custom made, I was also using Boost w/the Shooter coil. It registers right on 48, pulltab range.

#2) Etrac- I am also using a custom program in this machine however the Trime hits right on the new sqaure tab (right in the center of the line), though it is just a little bit higher in tone. The Trime reads 12-30 the sqaure tab reads 12-24.

#3) LTD SE- This machine also reads pulltab, 49-51 and sounds off in the pulltab mid-tone. I had the tones set @ 3H.

#4) CZ 3D- I know that this machine is supposed to emit a hi-tone on the Trime, mine though even in Enhanced gives a mid tone and the VDI is on sqaure tab. It is a #1021 and was recalibrated by Tom last year, and very powerful, air tests a dime over 12".

Hope this helps...
Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2011 06:11PM by Aaron.
Re: F.Y.I. Trime info...
June 04, 2011 11:07PM
my 3center hits on sq. tab also. had it recalibrated by Tom in 08. Dug it because i was working an old campmeeting ground where i had found a bunch of older coins. No complaints though because my half dime, shield nickels, 2 centers, and older indians all come in hi-tone. Mike
June 05, 2011 01:48AM
You guys have prompted me to grab a couple of CZ-3D's .... and a couple of Trimes. Both CZ-3D's....and with both Trimes (one at a time) will register these trimes as a 'high-tone'.
Then..... I grabbed a F75 and a F75 LTD. Both units registered each Trime as a VDI of '55'.
On a T2...........each coin ID's as a '75'.

Do you guys have a T2 or F75 to see what your Trimes will ID?

Either the 'silver batch-consistency' is off....(somewhat common in that era).......on your Trimes................or I need to check/recalibrate your 3D's. Are your tests with your 3D's having the coin 'parallel' to the coil? Air-test or 'on-the-ground' test?
June 05, 2011 02:08AM
I retested my Trime w the 3D and made sure the coil and Trime was flat...same mid-tone.

Last time I used my SunRay Probe w the LTD SE and the Trime was 49-51, I retested it using the 5" coil with the Trime on top of empty cardboard boxes and registered alittle higher 50-52.
June 05, 2011 04:02PM
Tried my dug 3 center again with the 3d and it still comes in at sq. tab. BUTT i have a non dug 1851 which my dad gave me years ago and it comes in at hi-tone. I belive Tom is right on the silver batch consistency. Mike
June 05, 2011 05:26PM
Mike what year is your dug Trime?
June 05, 2011 05:34PM
Hmmmm. I'm seeing a pattern. A ID of around '51' on the F75 is SOOOO close to being a high-tone on the CZ-3D.

ALSO............what is the silver content of a Trime..................as compared to ALL other U.S. silver coins!
June 05, 2011 05:56PM
The Trime is 75% silver and 25% copper, I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question...I dont understand why it would still be a mid-tone and...why is its VDI is on sqaure tab? Shouldnt the VDI be on the Relic icon?
June 05, 2011 09:34PM
Hi Aaron My dug trime is 1853.
June 05, 2011 11:09PM
Hey Mike, sounds like there is something up with the1853 Trime...
Thanks
June 06, 2011 01:32AM
Both of my Trimes are 1853.

"Coin silver" is 90%. Yes...........the Trime is only 75% silver (a bit lower conductivity).

It is completely up to you guys..........but...........if you want.......... I could RE-calibrate your units (for free) to ID your Trimes as a 'high-tone'......if you wish. I would need a 'mid-tone' Trime supplied. The trade-off is........you would detect a couple % more trash targets as a "high-tone".
June 06, 2011 01:49AM
Tom I am satisfied with mine as it is. I have dug more of the oddball coins 2centers, shield nickels, half dime, and older indians, with it in the 4yrs. i have had it than with any other machine i had in the last 30 plus yrs. Thanks for the offer though. Mike
June 06, 2011 03:33PM
That's the intent of a 'proper' CZ-3D.
June 06, 2011 04:00PM
Sounds good Tom, I'll let you know when I can send it.
Aaron
June 06, 2011 04:24PM
Sure...........not a problem.