Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D ID question...

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D ID question...
June 14, 2011 05:14PM
Tom,
I just have to ask this because I've been wondering for awhile now.
If the 3D can id coins (nickels, trimes ect.) as a hi-tone (and its a p.tab on meter), how come you can't do the same thing with gold rings?
I have a feeling your going to say the conductivities are are to close.
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 05:15PM by Aaron.
Re: CZ3D ID question...
June 14, 2011 06:55PM
It will ID gold, in the range your asking about. However, gold is also detected below and above that range. So, if the machine was set a 'say' gold at the nickel or any other set range, you would be missing out on the other ranges where most gold exists eg. foil, iron, etc........gold can range from iron to a zinc penny. That's the issue with finding gold jewelry.
June 14, 2011 11:49PM
(((( It's called a Au-21X ))))
June 15, 2011 01:14AM
I have experieced a demo of the AU21X at one of Tom's seminars and it's amazing. He designed it for dry sand beaches but we have about 34 miles of beach where I live so plenty of target areas. The gold has a different sound from all the aluminum trash. I finally got my legs fixed so I can hit the beaches again and I will probably be getting the mod done soon.

Suncoast Wally
June 15, 2011 01:47AM
If I am reading you right and being gold rings come in all over the meter just get yourself a high tone single tone unit ought to do it...just kidding of course but read my first line and you have the answer...Tone is one thing and audio variances are another..Don't know beans about the AU but imagine Tom has cut down on the odds but again only sure way to tell is called a retrieval tool...(Digger)
Tom D...Re: CZ3D ID question...
June 15, 2011 02:17AM
Care to fill us in on what the Au-21X is?
Re: Tom D...Re: CZ3D ID question...
June 15, 2011 02:41AM
there Tom go's again...teasing us with his au-21x.
As I recall its only for non-min soil, or sand.
Aaron....Re: CZ3D ID question...
June 15, 2011 03:19AM
Sounds like TR technology. I am required to guess at something at least once a daysmiling smiley
Re: Aaron....Re: CZ3D ID question...
June 15, 2011 03:25AM
I'm really not sure...all I know is that I wanted to buy one from Tom and he said its really just for sand, or...non min soil like he has in Fla.
( I think thats the top secret project Mike and him are working on...dont tell anyone.)
June 15, 2011 11:20AM
When detecting gold jewelry, it surely doesn't help that the " metal fillers " in jewelry can be a variety of metals . i.e. copper, palladium, zinc, nickle , & others.
June 16, 2011 01:11AM
I am not nearly smart enough to realize what mystical things he did inside that CZ 3D but his demo was done with a plastic baggie full of typical beach trash in the foil range (cigarette package, drink cap liners, bits of aluminum foil of different sizes, etc). After the mod is done enhanced mode is the AU21X and salt mode is unchanged and used for hunting the wet sand slopes. If I remember correctly the design was based on the vast majority of the "Good Jewelry" being in the foil range. There was a distinct difference in sound between the trash and the gold. I also remember a statement about hunting intelligently. Why stoop to dig a handful of clad coins when you can concentrate on the gold and diamonds. At my age I would prefer to stoop less and dig better targets. It may not be for everybody but leave it to Tom to solve a problem that no one else has.

I was really impressed and still am
Suncoast Wally
June 16, 2011 05:05AM
Tom talked about it in his beach hunting video, but I did not get to see a demonstration of the machine. If you decide to sell this machine, Tom, put me on the list. I will buy one as long as you do not price me out of the ballpark. Dig 21 times less trash is what the 21 stands for, of course AU is gold. Tom, when are you going to make a video showing everyone what this machine can really do?
June 16, 2011 02:53PM
I need to finish the beach DVD first.