Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Trash Talk Fisher are you reading this?

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Trash Talk Fisher are you reading this?
June 09, 2011 03:37PM
No I love fisher and Tek but I hate the trash...relic hunting has come a long way...but park hunting has really not changed much...Me and T went out hunting an older fairgrounds and we found some cool buttons but when it came to the trash we just get tired out way to fast. I was cherry picking VDI in the high tones of 70-90 and for the most part crown caps. I know there is more trash and the G2 can hit on a lot of targets if they are close by like a machine gun. And I know the G2 is not a coin detector but from what I have found it is a great coin detector. Deep great at unmasking and hits on all shapes and sizes.

But the relic areas are harder to find and the parks and schools are all over the place. When I started about 12 years ago we could hit parks and come home with a few rings and about $15.00 in clad...Anyway I would love to have a machine that can help in trash. I have tried all of the tricks with the coil but those crown caps and pull tabs are smart trash...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2011 03:20AM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Trash Talk Fisher are you reading this?
June 09, 2011 04:24PM
Unfortunately they come come whole, crushed,bent and different mettalic content which all makes them tougher to defeat..Usually the shallow ones just cover a lot more ground in pinpoint and many dissapear when you swing fast but any depth bring out the digger....
Lawrenzo.....Re: Trash Talk Fisher are you reading this?
June 09, 2011 08:03PM
What you described about the bottlecaps/pulltabs is a really big issue with my Tek T2. My 19 yo White's Silver Eagle walks all over the T2 when it comes to iron/pull tab discrimination, both in audio & TID. And I have used every DD coil/machine adjustment trick in the book to no avail, with the T2. I don't think its the trash as much as it is the First Texas design.
June 09, 2011 09:45PM
Lawrenzo,
There are tons of machines that help in the trash. Fisher makes several. You just aren't using one of them smiling smiley
Them gold prospecting machines with a part time disc mode just aren't made for searching through non-ferrous trash.

HH
Mike
June 10, 2011 02:17AM
Lawrenzo, I know your not fond of the V3, however it is my best detector when it comes to dealing with pulltabs and screwtops. There is no other detector that can give you more detailed info on these trash items, Ive got the time in, and the gold to prove it. As was stated lately in another thread, there is alot to learn about the V3 that people may not know for quite awhile.
June 10, 2011 07:44AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lawrenzo, I know your not fond of the V3, however
> it is my best detector when it comes to dealing
> with pulltabs and screwtops. There is no other
> detector that can give you more detailed info on
> these trash items, Ive got the time in, and the
> gold to prove it. As was stated lately in another
> thread, there is alot to learn about the V3 that
> people may not know for quite awhile.

I have to agree with this. I have a couple of hunting partners that use the V3 and rarely are fooled by bottle caps, aluminum screw caps and pull-tabs. It gives you a lot of information, you just have to learn how to use it to your benefit, and yes it does very well fishing the gold out of trashy parks.
June 10, 2011 09:44PM
The V3i is the best I've used for IDing trash.The only pulltab that seems to be a problem is the beavertail part of the old ones when it's deep.It gives a good nickel ID.Bottlecaps that ID as a quarter,if they don't hit on 2.5kz strongest in analyze have all been bottlecaps.All bets are off on gold jewelry hunting as it hits on so many diffrent VDI's.
June 12, 2011 11:38PM
Dont know guys..... the Explorers do a darn good job of bottle cap and pull tab iding also. Bottle caps are VERY distinctive and those tabs unless really deep rarely fool me. The beaver tails are a little more tricky coming in at a nickel reading occasionally.

Dew
June 21, 2011 06:29PM
Pull tabs are in the gold range , and they do sound a lot like a gold ring when going over them ........Crown caps you can just scrim them out using a Minelab machine ...... When on the beach , I leave the pull tab range open , but when in the parks , there is not much gold in the parks that I hunt but there is some nice old Silver ..... I will scrim out both tabs AND crown caps ..... After hunting the parks that I hunt for so long with Mnelab machines , and scrimming out caps and tabs , I was in SHOCK when I brought my AT Pro to the same parks , and hunted wide open ....WHAT A SHOCK !!!...... I couldn't take a step in any direction without the AT PRo going off ....There are ways of checking the caps with the AT Pro , but I would be there all day doing so .....A Sovereign GT or an E Trac wth a smaller coil in trashy parks and your GOLDEN !!!.....AT Pro is faster than the Minelabs on the beach , and they have a great responce on Gold too !!.....They suck like any other single frequency machine in the saltwater though .....Jim
June 22, 2011 02:21AM
interesting term!."scrimming" out pulltabs,and screw caps!
can you explain how this is done on an e-track?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 22, 2011 11:42AM
The Etrac has a list of items, trash and coins etc. You can X out those items to semi-custom set a program. Or leave them blank, or check them in. On the smart screen, those coordinates (X & Y) of those items you choose to detect or not will be darkened (nulls) or white will give an audio and ferrous and conductive numbers. You can also custom set a program by waving an item over the coil and choose to accept it or reject it. I don't own an E but I borrowed one and used it for over 40 hours, so please correct me if my facts are incorrect. Nice machine. It was a pleasure to use. Much easier ID wise, I think, than the Explorer SE.
June 23, 2011 07:53AM
thanks for that most interesting information!..it appears the e-trac is an"easy" sell these days,
what with the outrageous results in trash-laden parks being any indicator!

(h.h.!)
j.t.