Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A plug for NASA Tom's video (Inland Coin and Relic Hunting)...

Posted by steveg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A plug for NASA Tom's video (Inland Coin and Relic Hunting)...
June 30, 2011 10:23PM
I have begun watching NASA Tom's video titled "Metal Detecting Real World Techniques Inland Coin and Relic Hunting." What an incredibly educational video. I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of teaching in this video (though not surprised at all, given that it's NASA Tom's video!)

I cannot recommend this video highly enough, for any of you who do not own/have not seen it. It is a terrific production -- absolutely terrific.

Steve
Re: A plug for NASA Tom's video (Inland Coin and Relic Hunting)...
July 01, 2011 12:07AM
Thanks for the 'plug' Steve.

Now.........Wally. Start selling more of these videos so we can continue to pay for this web-site.
July 01, 2011 02:07AM
yes wally, we are waiting on a certain dvd to be released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 01, 2011 02:33AM
seeker -- fill me in. What DVD is that? I'm out of the loop, I guess... smiling smiley

Steve
July 01, 2011 02:45AM
Yes, the Real World Tech DVD is great, as all of them. I especially like the on film hunt of Tom in that old lot finding all those keepers (especially the gold ring and Barber quarter). Lots can be learned especially for the CZ user there!
July 01, 2011 03:14AM
Yep. NASA Tom, must have been hard containing your excitement as much as you did, for filming's sake, when finding that ring and that Barber... smiling smiley

You are right, Aaron. Pushes me a little MORE in the direction of wanting a CZ...

Steve
July 01, 2011 11:55AM
The CZ...........by far...........is still my primary 'deep old-coins' detector. Wished I could say it was the E-Trac.............but it is not.
July 01, 2011 04:28PM
NASA Tom --

Obviously you choose the CZ over the E-Trac because, in your soil, for your style of hunting, it performs the best for you. I'm curiuos as to whether some of the reason the CZ is the "trump card" for you, is due to your intimate knowledge of the CZ, how it operates, and why it does what it does, as opposed to the more "secretive" FBS platform -- but I'm guessing that's not all of it. Can you briefly lay out what specific performance you get from the CZ that you DON'T get from a Minelab FBS machine that makes the CZ your "go-to" deep coin machine (except in some bad soil, as you have shared in the past).

Steve
July 02, 2011 12:13AM
steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> seeker -- fill me in. What DVD is that? I'm out
> of the loop, I guess... smiling smiley
>
> Steve

steve, tom has a beach detecting dvd nearly completed or completed!!!!!!!!! i do not know what the delay in releasing it is all about?
July 02, 2011 12:16AM
ahhh...gotcha! If I ever can make it to a beach for some detecting, that sounds like another DVD to purchase, for sure...

Steve
July 02, 2011 02:02AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Now.........Wally. Start selling more of these
> videos so we can continue to pay for this
> web-site.

PLEASE Wally, start selling the new beach video for all of us that have the other video already.

Thanks.

Jim
July 02, 2011 02:24AM
Steve,

In my dirt ..... the CZ is simply (very slightly) deeper on silver coins.......and with a more 'positive' ID. With the E-Trac.... IRT the audio on a deep silver coin.....I seem to have to 'work them up'. In other words......the first/initial hit on a deep silver coin is a bit lower than it should be......incongruent with the high conductivity of silver......and requires a few more passes to coax......then the Minelab will start to raise to a higher 'silver' tone conductivity. The CZ hits on a high tone right from the start.....on first pass.

Change to a bad soil matrix............and the Minelab immediately becomes the prefered choice.

If the Minelab was just 1% better than the CZ.............. I would immediately switch over to the Minelab. Life is TOO short...............and............I now know that I have more years 'behind' me...than I have 'ahead' of me. Do it right the first time.
July 02, 2011 03:41AM
Thanks, NASA Tom. Very clear and straightforward answer to my question, makes complete sense. I know what you mean about having to "coax" the info out of the Minelabs...

Steve