Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I need Help, Tom D., Keith, Anyone

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I need Help, Tom D., Keith, Anyone
March 12, 2011 07:14PM
Hi All, i have a guy that wants to trade me a Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP, with a 11" coil for a CZ7a ( not the PRO ). Would this be a good trade for bouth of us? I have here good thing about the Gold Bug, I know the CZ7a is good. I have all the coils for the CZ7a. What do you guys think? W ould this be good. CZ7a with 3 coils For Gold bug Pro Dp with the 11" coil ? Thanks Dean
Re: I need Help, Tom D., Keith, Anyone
March 12, 2011 08:40PM
Dean,

What do you primarily hunt for and where ? If you are a coin and beach hunter, the CZ will be better. Relics, gold prospecting, the Gold Bug is probably better.

Realize the CZ has concentric coil design, the Gold Bug DD. I have a Gold Bug SE and have been using CZ's since the early 90's, and both units are great.

The Gold Bug is light weight, super fast recovery, can hunt in the wet salt sand, has 2 tone ID, can ID in all metal and is an all around nice unit. Bangs hard on nickels and jewelry.

You know your CZ and what it can do. It will be deeper on coins and silver. Will hunt salt water beaches a bit better, I believe it has notch abilities, is more rugged but also heavier. Bear in mind you also have 3 coils for it. If you get the Gold Bug, and want to hunt some tot lots, you will want the small 5 inch DD too.

Again I go back to the simple question as to what do you primarily hunt for.
March 13, 2011 12:53AM
The CZ is substantially better for the wet salt beach.
March 13, 2011 02:34AM
I think that I would have a hard time parting with a CZ with 3 coils .....It sounds like a nice setup to me ......I would probaby keep the CZ setup and save up to buy a Gold Bug if that is what I wanted .....You can get a gold bug anytime ....They don't make your CZ anymore !!.....If it's a nice one, keep it ....Jim
March 13, 2011 03:36AM
Synth has good points. They don't make your unit anymore. And the Bug can be acquired anytime.
March 13, 2011 03:46AM
All I have to say is if you have a good running CZ, think twice before selling it. Most people who do end up regretting it and wanting them back. The ones on FindMall get snapped up real quick and the ones on Ebay command respectable prices.

Theres a reason for this...
March 13, 2011 02:13PM
Thanks All I new i would get the right info here, I am going to keep my CZ. I lost my mind for a little while. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2011 02:16PM by Flintstone.