Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

my month in florida.

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
my month in florida.
August 19, 2011 01:43AM
well, after one month i have found a job and i start working tomorrow!
detecting finds for the month are nothing to write home about. im getting enough clad to pay for the clothes washing/drying here at the apartment complex, a silver necklace/pendent, and some assorted junk. no rings at all yet.
lots of great views and now that i have a job i will be able to relax a little and enjoy myself. hope to be posting some good finds in the near future.
chuck.
Re: my month in florida.
August 19, 2011 02:42AM
Keep at it Chuck....its been slim pickings here now that EVERYONE is on the beach looking for that gold and silver get rich quick fantasy. It comes down to statistics......more detectors find more stuff...means less to go around. The bright side is all those new guys are picking up the trash for us!
August 19, 2011 11:51AM
Good for you Chuck!
That gold will find its way under your coil soon enough, enjoy that Florida weather on the Treasure Coast.
August 19, 2011 12:25PM
Ive been here almost a month as well beach hunting with the ML SE. I have a few more finds than you .... but my Xcal comes Monday and i got the RGT scoop yesterday. This gives me a couple of options now. Bob, i may pick up some trash for awhile.... but there has to be some good stuff with it. Its amazing how much the beaches change in a day or two. There can be a PILE of sand come in on those slow tide days. Enjoy the job, sunshine, views, and dig some good stuff.

Dew
August 19, 2011 01:33PM
Have to agree lots more entering the hobby therfore less to be found but once you get the new equipment and acculmate yourself to the enviroment the goodies will come....Good luck in your ventures....
August 19, 2011 02:31PM
Dew,

Your gonna love that Excalibur!
I would follow Toms advice though and hunt with it in pinpoint (allmetal) in the surf....disc in the dry sand.