Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best settings in iron for the Impact?

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Best settings in iron for the Impact?
October 02, 2017 10:06PM
I normally don't hunt in the iron but know of a couple places that has some and want to try it. I know this was discussed before but I cant find the threads. Can someone give me some tips as far as mode, disc, audio, etc. Thanks.
Re: Best settings in iron for the Impact?
October 02, 2017 10:51PM
Di99, 20kHz, iron vol 3 is my preferred, disc 0, tone break 15 - 21 depending on volume and size of iron in site

Di4 with all other settings above is good too and D E E P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 10:53PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
October 02, 2017 11:22PM
I like di2, disc 5, sensitivity 95-98, tone break 0 or 5, iron volume 1. This goes very deep.

Rick
October 02, 2017 11:38PM
DI99, disc 1-2, iron vol 1, sens 95 plus, isat(I mask 0), 20khZ, small football coil.
October 02, 2017 11:51PM
If you have the time......... you may want to look at/review the Impact Field Test thread.
October 03, 2017 12:31AM
Di2 will unmask the best in the most extreme iron..

Di4 is the deepest of the multi tones in iron..

Deep mode is also very useful in iron but you have to slow it down a good bit..

Whichever you use set your disc below iron and use tone break to adjust the nail break..that will be site dependant..use as much gain as you can.too high and iron will wrap till you learn what an iron wrap sounds like..its usually forced sounding..
try 20 Khz for the smaller more masked targets but 14Khz also will do quite well for more stability if you need it in iron..

The 5x10 is the deepest of the smaller coils and will see between iron in the toe area exceptionally well as long as you keep the audio gate fully open

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla