Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

looks like the F19s and G2+s have took a major price drop

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: looks like the F19s and G2+s have took a major price drop
October 09, 2017 09:01PM
and it's pretty rare for people to carry and thus lose coins anyway. There is pretty much endless supply of private permissions though...
October 09, 2017 09:38PM
Easier in Europe 1, 2 and 5 euro coins, 10 and 20 kroner coins in Scandinavia - adds up in a hurry - $10 - $50 for a few hoirs work at a popular spot isn’t unusual.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
October 09, 2017 10:05PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Easier in Europe 1, 2 and 5 euro coins, 10 and 20
> kroner coins in Scandinavia - adds up in a hurry -
> $10 - $50 for a few hoirs work at a popular spot i
> sn’t unusual.

€5 coins are not in general circulation in Europe yet. If you are looking for high value coins, Switzerland is the place with their 5 frank coins.
October 09, 2017 11:42PM
deleted pointless post -

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 12:35AM by lytle78.
October 10, 2017 12:26AM
"Amazing actually how fast clad adds up. If we could just get our gov to stop making zinc pennies and paper dollars it would help. Dollar coins are still a rare find here. Regardless I don’t think the metal detector industry will do too well if all we see on forums and Facebook is everybodies clad coins."

very true, interestingly enough I never MD'ed when I lived in the states, most of my life in California. Arriving in Canada and needing a hobby (retired) somehow
I decided to give it a try. I found a Toonie and a nice silver ring first time out at a park and I was hooked. Been at it 10 years now, great exercise and
the clad does indeed add up, even though I've been going to the same places all this time though the greater Toronto area has a lot to choose from depending on just how far you want to drive/traffic, etc....

and Canada did away with Pennies which is icing on the cake. Now if they can just come out with the $5 coin they've been talking about, lol
October 10, 2017 12:44AM
Tempting to not grab the G2+. But I have too much on my plate right now and not enough time to do all of it.

As for clad coins, I guess I am one of the few that despise digging it. None of the banks here will take the tarnished coins and the CoinStar machines reject them. I could buy a rotary tumbler and let them roll for days in an attempt to clean them but I don't see the benefit of the time vs profitability of doing that. If I needed extra easy money I could get a part time rural mail carrier route job and make $20 an hour for just riding around in the country delivering mail....might even find the opportunity to get some new older home permissions for detecting. winking smiley If the clad I find is tarnished or deteriorating, I throw it all in with the pulltabs, etc and just throw it away.
October 10, 2017 04:38AM
G2+ 3D test ultimate coils
[www.youtube.com]