Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Preset ground balance...

Posted by Miikey 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Preset ground balance...
October 06, 2017 04:30PM
Havent posted in ages though I visit often. Nothing to brag about as far as finds go. My question is, how do manufacters preset ground balance? Is it set for medium mineralization or what? Four of my many detectors, 1280x, Delta 4000, Eurotek Pro, Ace 250 are preset. Still maintaining Mike's Cz Page on the web, for a few more yrs. Thanks.
Re: Preset ground balance...
October 06, 2017 05:41PM
They usually use a ferrite specimen and bob it to the coil while turning a internal capacitor..

That will give a unit a quite high factory set ground phase ball and should be able to handle all but Most severe soil's...If it was on a scale of 0-100 for ground phase a ferrite specimen would have it at like 80- 90 for reference...

So if you do encounter chatter from soil with a factory set about the best you can do is turn back the gain some or increase disc some to quieten it down..But they will usually be some rare soil..

I have soil here in North georgia that's fairly high Ground phase of about upper 80s and also fairly high Fe304 = 4/5 bars on a F75 say..Yet I have some red clay that balances mid range on Phase scale of about 55 yet its still has very high Fe304 Magnetite scale readings...I have some soils that balances at upper 70s and only have 1 Fe304 bar

So the factory has set the Ground phase to about as strong as it will ever encounter..yet even in North georgia mineral and red clays I at times will see a factory set ground balance too high of a phase..

I mentioned the Fe304 as a precaution incase it was asked..the Fe304 has nothing to do with the phase number ..The Ground phase is the type of mineralization,,, the Fe304 is the amount of Magnetite in what ever phase you achieve balance at ...

A Ferrite specimen and there's different ones [en.wikipedia.org]) that a factory uses should put your ground phase in upper 80s and if it has ability to see Fe304 it will peg it out..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 06, 2017 06:58PM
Thanks Keith. I appreciate the info.
October 06, 2017 07:21PM
For what its worth always told slightly positive....imagine every outfit varies to a degree....Kudos on your page...certainly a bible for CZ owners...
October 07, 2017 12:37AM
Thanks Dan. Hope you are able to get out and make some good finds. Take care.
October 07, 2017 04:15AM
Kudos indeed. Your page is very appreciated, Mike.
October 09, 2017 09:39PM
Im glad that folks find it useful. Makes me want to keep the site up. Thanks.