Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

One more 1021 Up For Grabs

Posted by Beach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
One more 1021 Up For Grabs
January 30, 2012 09:16PM
Re: One more 1021 Up For Grabs
January 30, 2012 10:12PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

My spec's is 10" ????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wonder what the serial number is......... and if I calibrated/certified this unit........ and what my 'foot-notes' are ... on this particular unit.
January 30, 2012 10:38PM
The seller definately does not have his facts straight.
Looks like the serial # is 10210317. That one is more than 300 lower than mine.
January 31, 2012 02:55AM
This one does not look like a unit that I have touched.
January 31, 2012 03:03AM
I think he means it can read a dime at as good or better than the patented "Dan Dankoski test" of 12 inches, not that you ever touched it.
Give him a break he probably just paid $810 on ebay for it.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 31, 2012 02:27PM
Again deal on the classifieds with ground pounders just like us as certainly leary of other classifieds and auctions.

I will say if you can find something local and look and try before you buy sometimes you can find good deals as some of our clubmembers have.
January 31, 2012 02:56PM
With regards to EBay selling/buying since eBay took control of payment (PayPal) the advantage is far more with the buyer as he has more protection and rights from PayPal. All the buyer has to do is file a complaint and BAM! PayPal puts a hold on that money in your account (the seller) and if you cannot provide absolute proof with (3 weeks) and sometimes that isn't even enough. I have been a buyer and seller on ebay for around 12yrs and have been the victim of these scam buyers a couple of times. I remember the most rediculous scam was when I sold I a item to a guy who left me really good feedback and then filed a complaint w PayPal that he never got it. PayPal said since I couldn't provide proof that the package was actually delivered, I didn't have proof. It didn't matter that the guy left feedback and said how much he liked the item and received it.
The scammers know how to work the system. Growing up as a kid my father always told me "the criminal has more rights than you son".
Im seeing that more and more...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2012 03:01PM by Aaron.
January 31, 2012 05:57PM
Another story, not so much a scam but I felt had. I bought a "one month old" E-Trac on ebay.co.uk about 2 months ago. I should have checked the serial number but I was naive as I had never had problems on Ebay before. When it arrived I realized it looked more than a month old, still clean but the two said scuff marks on the upper stem were 8! I called Minelab and they said it was shipped 1.6 years back! I contacted the seller with my info. He had great feedback so wasn't sure what to think. He and the man (a shop) he bought it from both said the seller said it was a month old! I didn't buy that (now we had a reseller to boot). Anyway, I compromised and had the shop (who is respected) give me a 2.5 year warranty pertaining to the serial number of the detector as well as 120 Euro back from the seller I bought it from (End price 900 Euro, new they are 1400-1500). Not what I wanted but it worked, was clean, I got the warranty and didn't want a headache. I'll be more careful next time!

Thanks for posting Paypals' guarantee, had I known that I would have sent my E-Trac back and had the seller pay for shipping as the serial number I had proved it wasn't a month old.
January 31, 2012 11:42PM
I saw a CZ-3D on ebay a while back where the seller said the exact same thing... "passes the Dan Dankowski 12" dime test". I was skeptical mainly due to the fact that anyone who knows Tom's test knows it is 10"... AND... his name is Tom not Dan!!!!! This might very well be the same unit up for resale.

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie