Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My 1021

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My 1021
February 02, 2012 11:51PM
With all this talk lately of the "hot" 1021 3D's selling lately, I thought I'd look at the past correspondance with Tom regarding mine that I sent to him 2yrs ago. I had purchased off Finds from a good guy, unfortunately it had something loose in it and sent it immediately to Tom and he took care of it.

To: Aaron
02/04/2010 06:37AM
Hi Aaron,

One loose 6-32 x 1" metal screw floating inside control box.......posing a danger to the electronics when powered up. Good thing it did not short anything out. I've reinstalled it into circuit board and tightened all other screws. Your unit is a hot one. It air-tests a clad dime at exactly 12.0" in a EMI free area. Salt balance is exact. Quad-driver is perfectly balanced. Old-coins window was ever so slightly out.....not enough to worry about; however, I split hairs....so I dialed it back in to exacting specs. Nickel window is slightly over-zealous......but this one, I left it alone.....as this is exactly where I have my CZ's set at. It'll ID most new nickels (that have never corroded/never seen dirt) as a mid-tone with respective round-tab ID....BUT....the older-generation 'V' nickels, shield nickels and most buffalo nickels ....... in real dirt........ will ID as high-tone 'nickel'. If you want to find new nickels.... switch over to 'salt' mode.....and new nickels will then ID as high-tone 'nickel'.
Your deep target audio response is 'smeared'. This is the only remaining adjustment that I need to make. . . . then I will ship the unit back to you. This smeared response will cause the detector to 'false' quite a bit......and will miss the deep/fringe targets. Deep targets need to sound weak but 'crisp'. I expect to ship the unit back to you on Friday (tomorrow). Monies; I will COMPLETELY leave this one up to you! Only send what you feel is proper!

Sincerely,

Tom

Incredible service and on a donation basis, who does that? I hope those who are sending machines to him are gracious and generous in their appreciation. Toms time is very limited and valuble to him and his family.

Last spring I found a 3 cent peice with my V3i and was concerned that it registered as a pull tab instead of coin on my 1021 and told Tom about it and he asked me to send the coin and machine back to him.

To: Aaron
06/14/2011 12:39PM
Aaron,

Your 3-C Ag coin ID's as a '50' on my F75 LTD. This is QUITE a bit lower than my coins. Very interesting.

You (now) have a very unique.....one-off/special/custom CZ-3D. I have re-cal'd the unit to ID the 3-Cent Ag coin as a 'high-tone'. Because of the fact that this coin is quite a bit lower in conductivity that anticipated............I have concern as to how much trash you will (now) recover....that'll ID as a 'high-tone'. It will be left up to your discriminating ear to discern 'what depth' you will recover high-tones. I also feel you will be in for a pleasant surprise. There's going to be quite a few more good targets that will now ID as a high-tone. (You will see).

I'm going to try to ship your unit out today also. The coin is inside the battery compartment. I almost taped it to the control box........so you would always have a standardized 'test-target' with you in the field.........should the need arise to test/verify the performance/ID of the unit. Let me know how this unit performs......and what type of interesting targets are recovered.......especially at depth.

This 10210609 is a very powerful unit. I ran a full validation/calibration on the unit just to make sure it is 'per design'. I recommend holding on to this unit. It is quite rare.

Sincerely,

Tom

I'm very proud of my 1021 3D, I consider it a even better coin machine than the Etrac. I dont care what the prices go up to on these older machines, you cant put a price a superior craftsmanship. If I could only have one machine...this would be it.

Thanks Tom.

Sincerely,

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 11:54PM by Aaron.
Re: My 1021
February 03, 2012 12:14AM
You're welcome.

BUT.......... what have you found with it???? How many hours are (now) on the unit? Would love to hear real-world performance results!