Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I am looking for a Vintage detector and need help

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I am looking for a Vintage detector and need help
February 19, 2012 11:53PM
If anyone knows where I can get a Big Bud Pro or Big Bud Pro SE, please let me know. this is a unit that I would love to try out.

thanks for any help you can give. Please send info in a PM

Tom in SC
Re: I am looking for a Vintage detector and need help
February 20, 2012 03:10PM
Fellow had one for sale 2-14-12 on Treasure depot Classifieds...
February 20, 2012 04:04PM
GOT ONE THANKS TO ALL
February 20, 2012 04:26PM
You darn near have them all. Let me ask you this. If I was to stop by your house and say let's go over to the park and detect which detector would you grab?
February 20, 2012 05:43PM
because I do not get many offers to detect with a friend, It would be the one closest to the door......lol

Most likely be the CZ3D, If I was following you .........

Just joking, but the CZ3D is hard to beat.

Tom in SC
February 20, 2012 06:00PM
I'll keep that in mind. I hear many good things about that model. I like to hear from folks that have had a variety. If I ask the guy who only had two I don't get a good answer. If I ask the guy who only has one brand I get a tainted answer as well.
February 20, 2012 06:21PM
Tom,
Please don't tell me your listening to a certain person on a vintage detector forum who claims miracles (blanking feature)w his BB Pro Select....because its just NOT true. I brought this issue up on this forum before, it was only a Teknetics marketing gimmick.
I've got a BBpro it's a nice little machine I let my freinds use it who are interested in possibly getting into detecting. Lots of nice features and ahead of its time back in 1988!
Trust me...you'll use it once and like its tones and that will be about it!
February 20, 2012 09:34PM
I am just tired of all the new stuff and looking for an Old school unit. No more than I paid, I am sure that I will do OK if I don't like it. And No I have just been reading a lot about the units and thought I would give it a try.
Another user on the Compass Forum and I were looking for one and we were able to find someone who had two.

Tom in SC
February 20, 2012 11:35PM
Not to hijack....but Old School.....I would like to get a pristine White's 6000di Series 3 hipmount...sweeet.
February 21, 2012 12:13AM
Terra, if I see one, I will let ya know

LOOK One on Febay [www.ebay.com]

Tom in SC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2012 12:18AM by tmanly.
February 21, 2012 12:57AM
Tom, thanks for that link...hey Terra -- that looks alot like my Grandfather's old White's unit...the first machine I ever swung (as a kid!) Takes me on a stroll down memory lane...

Steve
February 21, 2012 02:05AM
1st machine I ever owned was a 6000 Di Pro
Beautiful id machine, built like a tank and felt like it too, the ergonomics were terrible.
February 21, 2012 03:11AM
Aaron...so right about terrible ergonomics. But they made a dedicated hipmount unit (not using a hipmount kit). Nothing like the regular one. It was a joy to swing that unit.