Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab's Multi-IQ vs AKA's Multi-frequency

Posted by SuchMuch 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab's Multi-IQ vs AKA's Multi-frequency
October 19, 2017 02:48PM
I do not pay much attention to tests and have done a few on separation. I'm more likely a practice man than a tester. I do prefer to hit the site once again with different settings than make a test. The reason is I don't want to forsake hunting time for tests. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

But recent tests done by Minelab guys forces me to produce boiling water hot smiley. They could be qualified as circus actors doing a dirty tricks.

Minelab's Multi-IQ explanation of multi-frequency:

AKA's explanation of multi-frequency is:

The question is: Who are the goats and are you able to notice them? Lol...

Right now, I realize why most of you stick to XP Deus and why it's popular among European detectorists. XP do not treat their hunters as dummies...
Pls note above is just my own opinion.
Re: Minelab's Multi-IQ vs AKA's Multi-frequency
October 19, 2017 04:12PM
Minelab works always in the fairy tales area... They don't have filters... they have magic options.
October 20, 2017 12:56AM
I encourage everyone to look at SuchMuch's profile on Friendly and you'll see that he is a big AKA fan and really seems to dislike Minelab. He posted there recently, calling Minelab BS and telling people not to fall for the Equinox. This user is an agitator who is only here to compare the Nox and AKA machines and be generally negative.
October 20, 2017 01:09AM
Ty - you haven’t been here long.

Mostly on this forum we don’t choose up sides and pick fights.

Maybe Sheldon started it - even if he did - don’t prolong it.

If somebody says your favorite detector manufacturers baby is ugly - just let it pass or dispute it on the facts.

Looking up folks history - especially when you don’t have one on this forum - isn’t helpful -

of course IMHO.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
October 20, 2017 01:21AM
Lytle78,

The length of time I've been on the forum - which you seem fixated on, given that this is the second time you've brought it up - does not invalidate the fact that SuchMuch is seemingly only here to continue what he has been up to on other forums, which is posting negative posts about ML and the Equinox while posting positively about AKA, which is the only machine he seems to support. It's so blatant that he is trolling about Minelab, yet you give it a pass. That's not surprising, since you called Minelab's article about Multi-IQ "advertisement material".

For someone that actually looked up my username on Google, it's very odd that you would find fault in me doing the same on SuchMuch. And besides, I didn't even look into his history. I recognize his name as the same guy on Friendly that was bashing Minelab a week ago. Unconstructively, I should add.

Look, I don't give a damn if you like Minelab or not. I don't give a damn if you want an Equinox or not. Do you see me posting glowing articles and praise about how great the machine is? No. What I care about is, every time I come to these forums, I see blatantly obvious haters trolling and disturbing regular discussion, and then folks like you try to concern-troll people calling out these people. SUCHMUCH is here to pit the two machines against each other and he's not doing it constructively. He isn't trying to contribute - he's trying to cause drama. For you to not be able to see that - and worse, to deflect it and then imply that my position is just as precarious - is ridiculous.

Take care, RIck...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 01:25AM by Tyberos.
October 20, 2017 01:26AM
I rest my case.

Rick Kempf
October 20, 2017 01:46AM
Thank you, counselor.
October 20, 2017 01:54AM
No hard feelings Ty.

Just that after 8 years hanging around here, it feels sort of home like - and I get upset when there are “failings out” in the neighborhood and I do wha I can to discourage it.

Keep on here - I think you will come to value it as many of us do.

Your insights and discoveries will no doubt be of value.

Rick Kempf
October 20, 2017 01:56AM
Maybe Suchmuch is totally justified with his feelings towards Minelab, after all they have, time and time again falsely advertised their tech....FBS transmits 27 frequencies?? complete bs, they were pulled up on that one......showing through lovely diagrams that bbs/fbs goes deeper than single frequencies??? more complete bs, pulled up on that one also......goes 40% deeper, more bs etc etc etc. They is only so much bs people will take.
October 20, 2017 02:04AM
Just so everyone is aware, this is the text under the image that was posted on the Minelab website and now reposted by SuchMuch. Emphasis mine:

"20 kHz and 40 kHz are not available as single operating frequencies in EQUINOX 600. The Multi-IQ frequency range shown applies to both EQUINOX 600 and 800. This diagram is representative only. Actual sensitivity levels will depend upon target types and sizes, ground conditions and detector settings."

So I don't know what the point of is comparison is. If the post was an honest attempt to have a fruitful discussion (it wasn't), it's not a very good one.
October 20, 2017 02:10AM
lytle's point (if I may), which I happen to agree with, is that this forum is one of a very small number of detecting forums where a good number of high-level, experienced, passionate detectorists frequent, AND at the same time, is a forum that is free, for the most part, from drama/nonsense/unproductive discussion. Many of us who come here, do so for well-informed, often more technical discussion -- either to learn, or contribute, or both, and I think most appreciate the honest/straightforward discussions of detecting, and detectors, and detector performance. To maintain this forum's presence and participation of quality posters/contributors, AND to keep discussions focused on detectors and detecting, sometimes staying away from commenting on posts that deviate from the norm, is the best approach...

Just my thoughts...

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 02:11AM by steveg.
October 20, 2017 02:10AM
Ringmoney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FBS transmits 27 frequencies?? complete bs, they were pu
> lled up on that one......
> showing through lovely di
> agrams that bbs/fbs goes deeper than single freque
> ncies??? more complete bs, pulled up on that one a
> lso......goes 40% deeper, more bs etc etc etc. The
> y is only so much bs people will take.

Can you link me to when ML was exposed on the FBS "bs", the depth "bs", the 40% claims? I'd like to know what you're taking about.
October 20, 2017 02:13AM
I would ask why a troll is allowed but defending the integrity of the content of the forum is looked down upon.

Honestly, I think I'm done with metal detecting forums. There are just too many trolls and when one has a spine and standsup to them, they become the bad guy.
October 20, 2017 02:16AM
You “may” stevg - and thanks. there are so few places out in the weird and wonderful internet where you can speculate, complain, vent (within reason) and generally be yourself.

Ty asked a reasonable question above. We’ll see if we get an answer - - discussion - even dispute (civilized) is good - that’s how we learn.

Otherwise we are back to all looking at our own “tame” sources of information - not good for the health of our democracy. IMHO

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 02:18AM by lytle78.
October 20, 2017 02:19AM
lytle78 Wrote:
>
>discussion - even dispute (civilized) is good -
>that’s how we learn.
>
> Otherwise we are back to all looking at our own
>“tame” sources of information - not good for the
>health of our democracy. IMHO

Isn't THAT the truth...

Steve
October 20, 2017 02:23AM
Despite our Russian agent's flub of the English interpretation of a very common concept, we can still read between the lines:

SuchMuch Wrote:
> The question is: Who are the goats and are you abl
> e to notice them? Lol...
>
> XP do not treat their hunters as dummies...
>
> Pls note above is just my own opinion

"Minelab users are sheep, Minelab thinks you're stupid, but that's only my opinion so you can't accuse me of being a troll"

How sad does one have to be to make daily threads about how bad a different company is? Bizarre.
October 20, 2017 02:39AM
Yes, we do have folks from time to time who try and “spam” us with disinfo. Maybe Ty has ID’d one.

but as my Buddy Bob D. Sang..... “time will tell .. who has fell .. and who’se been left behind - when you go your way and I go mine”

Rick Kempf
October 20, 2017 07:31AM
SuchMuch is high knowledge person. If you don't believe it check AKA forum and read his posts...(English language)

And this time he was right. Why? Minelab sell products as the magic box like Apple do. Our gear is perfect, our gear is great we made super metal detectors. Ok. It can be ok, but what about technical information? If you are the customer and you buy something you should know how this item work... you pay for it!

And you don't get full specs but some fairy tales about it.

He was talking about it.

I understand that technology is patented but we have right to know more about it. This is not mystical world don't burn the witches too often.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 09:56AM by Shelton.
October 20, 2017 07:57AM
RE: SUCHMUCH is here to pit the two machines against each other and he's not doing it constructively.
Suchmuch is here to share his own opinion. Like it or dislike, it's yr right. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I really don't care what machines you guys use in yr hunts. Use any you are confident with. Hunt even with Garrett ACE if you are happy with it. The only judje for you is yr pocketspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

And once again we still cannot say good or bad about Equinox, it has not been released yet. But I do have a lot to say about quality of tests and quality of information provided by Minelab representatives. The thread deals with multi-frequenc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 08:01AM by SuchMuch.
October 20, 2017 09:59AM
Equinox is a very interesting metal detector. But I only talk about it more, if I get one and spend some time with it.
October 20, 2017 11:04AM
Such Much defends AKA! I have used 4 AKA machines and belong to the AKA Forum! He has helped me and many others understand the inner workings of AKA products! I think the name calling is not warranted!
October 20, 2017 11:20AM
From what he defends aka?
October 20, 2017 11:36AM
X2

Alpha Goat Wrote:
> Such Much defends AKA! I have used 4 AKA machines
> and belong to the AKA Forum! He has helped me and
> many others understand the inner workings of AKA p
> roducts! I think the name calling is not warranted
> !
October 20, 2017 11:55AM
Hummmm until you guys started talking i was thinking about those graphs...... and what everyone has already said about MLs various tests. Opinions and how they are expressed differ..... but they are stilll opinions or comparisons. We tend to be suspicious on the forums and look for personal agendas...... especially if they differ from ours. I mean, ive never cared for MLs presentation or twisting of facts....... but that doesnt change the fact i use their machines for a reason. But then im no tech...... i just use what works out there..... and if it dont i move on. This is an interesting forum because we get introduced to a lot more machines than other ones....... perhaps because they arent broken down to sub forums. Most of the machines on here are dirt machines to me and ill never use um, but the Tech...... now theres the interest and will it be converted for water/all around use? You see a movement this direction.

Dew
October 20, 2017 11:56AM
I do not defend AKA. I defend nobody... Lol

I asked AKA if their new detector is really multi-frequency detector and how they can prove that? They provided the picture with oscilogram. But when it comes to ML they provide page from comics? smiling smiley What ML's picture is all about?! Coins, gold nuggets and different color circles... How do all these deal with multi-frequency?

At least Minelab could treat detectorists better way and provide technical information. Detectorists are not children at least...

PS.
I was "known" as XP Deus hater till today. I do believe XP GMP is much better then Deus on medieval/low conductive targets. GMP in rightful hands is a real competitor to other detectors (and AKA detectors too)

Today I was called Minelab hater. Lol. There are 2 detectors from ML worth to have: GPX and may be GPZ.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 12:06PM by SuchMuch.
October 20, 2017 01:37PM
Alpha Goat Wrote:
> Such Much defends AKA! I have used 4 AKA machines
> and belong to the AKA Forum! He has helped me and
> many others understand the inner workings of AKA p
> roducts! I think the name calling is not warranted
> !

He made the post calling Minelab users sheep. Learn how to read.
October 20, 2017 01:43PM
SUCHMUCH, MINELAB SAID THE GRAPH WAS REPRESENTATIVE ONLY. It's not meant to be a technical graph. I know English is your second language, but for someone with such high technical knowledge, it amazes me that you don't understand this.

Also, I notice that one or two of your previous defenders are here again to defend you. The same people from Friendly that said you're the AKA whiz kid are here to support you. It's like you run in a pack.

Don't play this game that you're just here to give an honest, unbiased opinion. You're here to trash talk and cause trouble. That's why you called Minelab users sheep, that's why you said Minelab thinks we are dumb, and that's why you attack ML's credibility. You are on a campaign to disrupt conversations about the Equinox and I frankly find it pathetic. Do you see anyone else making posts about how their machine of choice is better than your machine of choice? No one does that!
October 20, 2017 02:02PM
Tyberos Wrote:
> Alpha Goat Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Such Much defends AKA! I have used 4 AKA machine
> s
> > and belong to the AKA Forum! He has helped me an
> d
> > many others understand the inner workings of AKA
> p
> > roducts! I think the name calling is not warrant
> ed
> > !
>
> He made the post calling Minelab users sheep. Lear
> n how to read.

Sorry! My friends call me Tex. But you can call me Alpha Goat Newbie!>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 02:08PM by Alpha Goat.
October 20, 2017 02:10PM
SuchMuch Wrote:
> I do not defend AKA. I defend nobody... Lol
>
> I asked AKA if their new detector is really multi-
> frequency detector and how they can prove that? Th
> ey provided the picture with oscilogram. But when
> it comes to ML they provide page from comics? smiling smiley W
> hat ML's picture is all about?! Coins, gold nugget
> s and different color circles... How do all these
> deal with multi-frequency?
>
> At least Minelab could treat detectorists better w
> ay and provide technical information. Detectorists
> are not children at least...
>
> PS.
> I was "known" as XP Deus hater till today. I do be
> lieve XP GMP is much better then Deus on medieval/
> low conductive targets. GMP in rightful hands is a
> real competitor to other detectors (and AKA detect
> ors too)
>
> Today I was called Minelab hater. Lol. There are 2
> detectors from ML worth to have: GPX and may be GP
> Z.

smileys with beer
October 20, 2017 02:11PM
AKA is no gem from what I have seen and heard.