Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab's Multi-IQ vs AKA's Multi-frequency

Posted by SuchMuch 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Minelab's Multi-IQ vs AKA's Multi-frequency
October 22, 2017 05:03PM
SuchMuch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To sum all up, I can say it's not in a tradition t
> o discuss all advantages and disadvantages
> openly on western forums. I noticed this is happen
> ing on different western metal detecting forums. F
> orum members are supposed to praise metal detector
> s and are not supposed to discuss disadvatages.

You are moving the goal posts again, SuchMuch. Most folks here are QUITE willing to discuss advantages and disadvantages of different detectors. You have been here long enough to see that.

But you weren't POSTING about advantages and disadvantages of detectors -- you said so yourself, with this... "This thread is about how 2 different metal detector manufacturers explain their detector work."

If you want to talk about advantages and disadvantages of different detectors, go for it. This "western" forum will engage you on that.

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2017 05:04PM by steveg.
October 22, 2017 06:36PM
SuchMuch,

You are partly correct. Where a brand or model sub forum has been set up, it's common for folks who speak negatively about the "pet" brand or model that the forum is organized to discuss to get treated pretty roughly by the other forum members.

This isn't that kind of forum. Still, when someone's post is regarded as "bashing" a detector brand or model - or speaking ill of the intelligence, experience or honest of fellow forum members that person can come in for some stiff criticism.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
October 22, 2017 06:47PM
No member was attacked in my posts, but I have read lots of negative words towards me. As far as I understand you want me to shut up and express no opinion towards Minelab except praising. That won't happen smoking smiley. Minelab do produce some capable machines and do produce less capable machines, but the way ML promote their detectors is thumbs up
October 22, 2017 09:15PM
SuchMuch Wrote:
> No member was attacked in my posts, but I have rea
> d lots of negative words towards me. As far as I u
> nderstand you want me to shut up and express no op
> inion towards Minelab except praising. That won't
> happen smoking smiley. Minelab do produce some capable machin
> es and do produce less capable machines, but the w
> ay ML promote their detectors is thumbs up

Then tell them how to do it! They clearly have it wrong :-)

HH
Johnb
October 22, 2017 09:36PM
I must be a Lackey from Cackalackey! My new country top 40 hit!drinking smiley
October 22, 2017 09:40PM
I don't care if SM shuts up or not - I was just explaining how I think forums "in the West" work. He had expressed a different theory - namely that our forums tolerate no criticism of detectors or their makers. That's not correct and I expressed my contrary opinion.

Post all you want SM - but don't get all hurt if somebody takes a poke at you - it happens to the best of us!

Rick Kempf
October 22, 2017 09:45PM
SuchMuch I'm on your side but who understand eastern people's here smiling smiley.

But other way they say that we hate Russian. Funny. Ok but end for those stupid jokes today.
I like CTX, but even this machine has magic functions. Not filters. But this machine perform very well. But I'm still doesn't sure how this old tool really works....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2017 09:46PM by Shelton.
October 22, 2017 10:06PM
scoopjohnb Wrote:
> Then tell them how to do it! They clearly have it
> wrong :-)

They should stop producing metal detecting fairy tales with fairy tale pictures cool smiley
This means technical graph that corresponds with reality, for instance, oscillograms. They should explain technically methods their detectors work (with lies inserted), no need to reveal patent sensitive information or know how.

Have you ever heard that ML listens to detectorists? So, all above is written for you only.... Lol.
October 22, 2017 10:11PM
That simple rule always works. Don't ask and pay.
October 22, 2017 10:25PM
SM - don't give up - your voice is not valueless - just not always popular.

Nobody likes to be told that their baby is ugly, Minelab is guilty of many sins - in advertising - but their detectors usually provide excellent results to dedicated users.

Rick Kempf
October 23, 2017 12:09AM
I agree, SuchMuch, no reason for you to "be quiet." Keep on posting good/factual stuff, and share your knowledge. But I don't think it's at all fair for you to say that -- on this forum anyway -- we will only tolerate "cheerleaders" and no discussion of the negatives or weaknesses of a unit.

Look, here is the truth, at least for me. I want to buy a machine that A) I can afford, while at the same time B ) will do a better job than my Minelab Explorer SE Pro for the type of hunting I do, in MY dirt. I would LOVE to find, and buy, this unit. And I frankly don't care who makes it. I love finding old coins, period. Where I live, they are either very deep, or very masked, in most of the places I hunt. I am not good at unmasking, yet, as most of my time has been spent learning to "hunt deep." And for me, having tried many units, owned many units, and hunted with numerous guys USING many different units, the one solid conclusion I have made over many years of time gaining knowledge and experience, is that for MY type of hunting, in MY dirt, Minelab FBS/FBS2 are the deepest, most accurate units for identifying deep coins. YES, other machines have more "raw" depth (but without accurate ID). YES, other machines are better at unmasking. YES, other machines are far more sensitive to gold. Minelab FBS units are NOT the greatest unmaskers, VERY POOR at seeing small gold, and they are a bit too "falsy" in iron, for my liking -- too many high-tone sounds coming from deep nails (especially bent/rusty ones).

And with that said, I don't care, at the end of the day, if Minelab uses "filters," or "magic functions" as Shelton likes to call them. It's fun to TALK about how machines work, internally, but where the rubber meets the road, I care more about whether they WORK for me. And my experience shows that if you want to consistently dig as many deep U.S. coins (silver and copper) as you possibly can, FBS/FBS2 units are top performers. HOWEVER they accomplish it. It's not because I'm a sheep, it's not because I am a Minelab fanboy/syncophant, it's because they WORK, for what I want a detector to do. And as soon as I find a machine that meets my two criteria above (I can AFFORD IT, and it hunts deep coins BETTER than FBS), then I will happily switch. Remember, SuchMuch, that's the whole reason I joined the AKA forum and came in contact with you in the first place...because I am SEARCHING for the best tool to do the job I want it to do...

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 05:55AM by steveg.
October 23, 2017 05:33AM
steveg,
The best machine is the machine you are confident with. Let it be Minelab in yr case I don't mind smiling smiley. There are handy guys who make amazing finds with Garrett ACE and guys with top detectors just rest aside

Let's us say, if Minelab machines would be completely perfect, Minelab should avoid aproach detectorist the way it does (marketing lies, comics etc). This talk is all about it
October 23, 2017 06:20AM
Yes, guys no one bashing Minelab units. We talk about marketing only.

Easy example Vicent O'Brien Minelab general European manager. He was talking with me about a machine on Detectival. I get nice visit card to contact. And what? Nothing? Why? They are not interested in single persons or product improvement or detecting passion. Only pure marketing. He told me: ok contact with me. Believe me, I tried few times from different emails.

Then a few days later Russian man who was on Detectival and even don't talk in English... testing the unit. We are talking about magic and marketing only. Nothing more, nothing less.

It was always the passion first.
October 23, 2017 10:29AM
Lets see what aka marketing is made of [www.dankowskidetectors.com]

And this is nothing compared to what lvovich and zemleroik write in Russians segment of the internet. I do not recall any other manufacturer who allows itself such a freedom of speech.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 10:58AM by Gastro.
October 23, 2017 11:26AM
Gastro Wrote:
> Lets see what aka marketing is made of [www]
> .dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,127
> 966,128715#msg-128715
>
> And this is nothing compared to what lvovich and z
> emleroik write in Russians segment of the interne
> t. I do not recall any other manufacturer who allo
> ws itself such a freedom of speech.

AKA does no marketing... at all. They are blamed for that by RU AKA detectorists. vfp7 does not work for AKA, me too, as well as others who hunt with AKAs.
And we aren't paid detectorists.

As to Lvovich and Zemleroyk, they are polite and patient (sometimes too polite and too patient). By the way, it's Lvovich and Zemleroyk who pass knowledge to AKA detectorists and all my translations are based on their posts. Sure you cannot recall other manufacturer who allows itself such a freedom of speech due to ... they don't speak to detectorists at all at least in Russia winking smiley
October 23, 2017 11:44AM
That much polite that zemleroik got banned from md-arena for coarse language, which seems impossible.
I can read Russians well enough. Those stories of yours about "polite and patient" just make me laugh: )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 12:31PM by Gastro.
October 23, 2017 12:32PM
md-arena drinking smiley. it's a yellow press like a magazine "Liza" for young teenager girls )))) Being able to understand Ru language, you should know what magazine "Liza" is spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 23, 2017 12:59PM
So, tell me, what level of "politeness" it takes too get banned from that yellow press place? I mean how much lower than that he had to be? Please, don't tell me he was a victim there, I've seen how it happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 01:08PM by Gastro.
October 23, 2017 01:16PM
Gastro Wrote:
> So, tell me, what level of "politeness" it takes t
> oo get banned from that yellow press place? I mean
> how much lower than that he had to be? Please, don
> 't tell me he was a victim there, I've seen how it
> happened.

Why have you sticked to that internet site? It's not worth to read it. Administration of that resource is biased. MD Arena, MD Region ... It seems me, it's just the one coin with 2 sides. MD Region is a metal detecting shop promoting only detectors they gain lots of profit.

PS.
Kozul'skij! Vy ne na privoze! ))))
October 23, 2017 01:28PM
Now we have laundry wash syndrome here? Boys enough.
October 23, 2017 01:30PM
Why I mentioned that doggy place here? Because it shows the cultural level of aka as such and its groupies, including yourself .

One last question. You don't even have to answer. Have you ever seen Tom Boykin, for example, or Bruce Candy being banned from a place like that?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 01:44PM by Gastro.
October 23, 2017 01:39PM
Gastro Wrote:
> Why I mentioned that doggy place here? Because it
> shows the cultural level of aka as such and it's g
> roupies, including you.
>
> One last question. You don't even have to answer.
> Have you ever seen Tom Boykin, for example, or Bru
> ce Candy being banned from a place like that?

There is an answer for you: AKA guys do chat with detectorists... any detectorists

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 05:56PM by SuchMuch.
October 23, 2017 01:43PM
You the level being banned? That is an achievement! Obviously PR goes quite well.
October 23, 2017 05:05PM
Gastro Wrote:
> You the level being banned? That is an achievement
> ! Obviously PR goes quite well.

I'm at the level never got registed there. This is an achievement!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 05:56PM by SuchMuch.
October 24, 2017 04:39AM
Of course you are not registered over there. Because no registration is required! Comments are postmoderated, just provide an email.
These aka representatives, which are "polite and patient", are not as squeamish as you. They do not hesitate to use that resource for their doubtful "promotional campaign". Moreover, they do not hesitate to use language which is not acceptable in a normal society. Somehow you prefer not to mention these facts when you were setting aka as an example.
So, turns out, you were not really truthful yourself while accusing others of telling lies. Did you just expected that no one is going to notice that since barely anyone from here can read Russian?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2017 04:52AM by Gastro.
October 24, 2017 05:54AM
I am fully back into this thread. This is getting GOOD!
October 24, 2017 07:58AM
Gastro Wrote:
> Of course you are not registered over there. Becau
> se no registration is required! Comments are postm
> oderated, just provide an email.
> These aka representatives, which are "polite and p
> atient", are not as squeamish as you. They do not
> hesitate to use that resource for their doubtful "
> promotional campaign". Moreover, they do not hesi
> tate to use language which is not acceptable in a
> normal society. Somehow you prefer not to mention
> these facts when you were setting aka as an exampl
> e.
> So, turns out, you were not really truthful yourse
> lf while accusing others of telling lies. Did you
> just expected that no one is going to notice that
> since barely anyone from here can read Russian?

I never wrote there as well. This thread is not about that site and is not about Lvovich and Zemleroyk.
Start yr own thread and share yr pain there cool smiley. That's how it's done in normal society Mr. Kustarnikov. Am I right?

I do find AKA guys are polite, that site is a yellow press. I suppose they tried to participate and answer questions even negative question
at non friendly resource.
October 24, 2017 08:01AM
Tyberos Wrote:
> I am fully back into this thread. This is getting
> GOOD!

You was never out from this thread ))))

Tell us pls, what's yr opinion regarding multi-frequency? Being a ML fan do you realize how it's arranged?
I do ask this question due to I have no idea how Multi-IQ is arranged.
October 24, 2017 08:54AM
FBS was something that i never fully understood, i read it was 28freq or harmonics of a certain freq babble babble etc etc, but i soon got lost in the tech!

I was never confident in what i had, if i arrived at a site aiming for those pesky low conductor silvers that respond well to the higher frequencies, just what freq was my Etrac running? What influenced the detectors choice, the ground, the noise cancel etc??
What if my Etrac decided to run at 2khz and harmonics of the freq or whatever way it works, would i hit on some big targets but miss what i was aiming for?
I think i should have invested more time into understanding the tech of FBS, but i guess i took the easy option and went back to single or selectable freq because i knew where i stood.

I think this is where the Equinox will win out, if the user can select the freq choice within the multi freq.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2017 08:56AM by ghound.
October 24, 2017 09:29AM
ghound Wrote:
> FBS was something that i never fully understood, i
> read it was 28freq or harmonics of a certain freq
> babble babble etc etc, but i soon got lost in the
> tech!

Oscillogram of "28 frequencies at once":

Minelab emits a series of pulses (long and short). There are no 28 frequencies at once.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2017 09:31AM by SuchMuch.