Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Well I was down at the Wal-Mart last night (video info)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Well I was down at the Wal-Mart last night (video info)
April 03, 2012 07:29PM
I took my Daughter down for her to get some Nail poslish....

So while she was looking for that I strolled over to the camera dept..

I was looking around and noticed thay had just got some head cam's in....

There made by Midland radio's and are in H.D. 720...They seem very well made and have tons of accesory items available for them...Very light weight and compact...

Well they were only 89.00 dollar's so I got one to try out...

They have a 140 degree field of view and record for 6 hours in 720 h.d with a micro sd 32g.b. card...I had a card froman old phone and it slid right in...the battery will last for 3 hours on a full charge in 1 hour...you can get extra battery's for 25.00 so not to bad ...you can even get an underwater housing for like 30 buck's or so....
Here's the spec's

[www.walmart.com]

Here's the manufacture link..click on 1080 on there video feed..[www.midlandradio.com]

I made a video this morning on the front porch ..Looks promising...

I hate to spend alot of money for the Go-PRO...So this might fill a void...looks like a decent video...check the 720 on the tool bar at the bottom of frame ..( the gear looking icon)
[www.youtube.com]

Sounds seems good also..we will see what it does in the field..

Just thought I would pass it along for anyone looking for a field camera..for cheap...You got to have a mountable camera..those handhelds are a nightmare..

Keith

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 07:36PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Well I was down at the Wal-Mart last night (video info)
April 03, 2012 07:34PM
keith sent you a pm
April 03, 2012 07:54PM
Looks pretty good Keith, how about some video of your button collection next time : )
April 03, 2012 08:46PM
Thanks for the review, keith. It looks good.
HH
Mike
April 03, 2012 08:48PM
The color looks rich but it still looks a bit compressed seems on par with most cameras also looks like it has a fish eye lens for the wider angle would like to see more but for the price you paid not bad. Does it have macro?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 10:18PM by Lawrenzo.
April 03, 2012 09:45PM
How is it on close ups? I have found this to be the week spot on most low end cams and some higher end ones as well.My gopro is nice but suffers close up as well.The Kodak Zi6 is the best lowender for macro shots I have found but is a hand held....
April 04, 2012 02:14AM
No macro just fixed focus from like 6 inches to infinity..

I hope it will be enough for just a day to day hunt..nothing fancy but very lightweight and portable at decent price..

I mounted it to an old hat and I cant really tell it on the bill ..Might look stupid but we will see what it can do Tomorrow...

As you can see it's very small

And it fit's right on the bill of the hat with a simple 1/4 inch screw inserted through the bill and into the tripod mount on the bottom of the camera..

Keith
April 04, 2012 02:46AM
Thanks, I was also looking at one in Walmart, I'd say its as good as the others that are out there for $130 plus and the price is great on this one.
April 04, 2012 03:13AM
Looks like it may be a bargain....