Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AKA Signum gets me my oldest silver!

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AKA Signum gets me my oldest silver!
October 22, 2017 12:08PM
Out this morning with the MFD, got my oldest silver to date, a little hammered short cross, need to confirm ID but it's approx 1189-1216

There's a few curse words in video, so be aware lol, just buzzing !
This field has been detected for easily 25yrs, and this is the first hammered to come off it, there a real hard find on pasture.
The Signum has to be the best pasture machine i've used to date, time for a beer.....

[youtu.be]

Re: AKA Signum gets me my oldest silver!
October 22, 2017 12:13PM
Congrats!
October 22, 2017 12:18PM
Amazing find. Congrats!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
October 22, 2017 12:50PM
Thanks folks.
October 22, 2017 12:56PM
Nice one Ghound.
Thanks for sharing.

You keep this up, I'll have to try out the MFD.
October 22, 2017 01:04PM
Cheers TNSS, you've no idea how many times i've walked off this field with a new machine, and barely a signal !

Sometimes depth and alerting to a target are king....

Sod-buster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice one Ghound.
> Thanks for sharing.
>
> You keep this up, I'll have to try out the MFD.
October 22, 2017 02:44PM
Nice coin!

What settings were?
October 22, 2017 03:17PM
Running it pretty hot, zero disc, using RT-ST audio, RT9, ST13, gain 9, RT volume max, ST duration 50%, coil 12.5"x9.5" 14khz
The high RT-threshold really helps to alert the target, it was only a whisper on this coin but i'd have walked past without it.

SuchMuch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice coin!
>
> What settings were?
October 22, 2017 03:40PM
Have you succeed suppressing false signals?
October 22, 2017 04:09PM
Yes Suchmuch, the 14khz runs super smooth in my soil, this field easily fills the mineral scale on the Deus, a deep coin is 5".
October 22, 2017 05:09PM
Amazing dig, ghound! Beauty!

Steve
October 22, 2017 08:01PM
WOOO WEEE

Nice one..!!!!!!!

Man to be able to touch something like that for the first time in roughly a thousand years or so is just mind boggling !!

I like to think when i dig something that the last person to touch it was ions ago..Same as like he dropped it on the street and you picked it up a minute later..like your a time traveller or even time does not exist...Truly the only way to touch living history...That coin you have in your hand could of been dropped in a time of turmoil and chaos maybe even a life ending event and now your part of the LIFE of that artifact.part of the life of the ancient one ...Your DNA is now part of the DNA of the one who lost it...Like a millennium never happened

MESMERIZING IS IT NOT!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 22, 2017 09:39PM
Thanks Steve and Keith, we're on the same wavelength there, i've said to my wife before, if you asked at a museum to handle their 1000yr old coins, they'd show you the door!
I'm mad keen on my local history, i read up on old folklore, scour old maps and the like, it paints a picture in the mind, i can almost imagine the person losing this coin and walk the same footsteps.

Coins like this are more common finds on the UK mainland, but i have to work hard to find them here in my rural area of N Ireland.
October 22, 2017 10:41PM
Ghound if you ever get the chance on a cold rainy Irish day stuck inside watch this movie....One of my faves..

[en.wikipedia.org]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 22, 2017 11:31PM
Nice piece of history saved there ghound thumbs down

We can only dream of finds like that here in the states confused smiley

Congrats
October 23, 2017 03:18AM
Beautiful coin. Congrats.
October 24, 2017 07:27AM
Those thin hammered silver coins must have been well made, because they sure do last a long time in the soil.

Congrats on your oldest silver coin find.
October 24, 2017 07:31AM
Thanks folk, still buzzing.