Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

One more about the CZ-3D

Posted by pulltabMiner 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
One more about the CZ-3D
May 27, 2012 01:02AM
I hate to keep bragging about the CZ but I like it more and more the more I use it! Today I read this on the Web:

"A signal that bounces from iron to nickel, no matter how much iron you get on the signal, is likely to be a nickel."

So while hunting for gold this evening, I got one such signal. It pinpointed at a little past the 6 inch mark on depth. I dug the hole and carefully removed an inch of soil at a time. Sure enough! At about the 7 inch mark, I spotted the edge of a 1963 Jefferson nickel. The coin was straight up on edge. I didn't have my phone with me otherwise I would have documented visually.

Last evening, I dug up a crusty wheat cent from a 6+ inch hole that also read iron/high coin but the high tone portion of the signal was so soft and lovely plus the signal pinpointed at the very same spot from different angles.

So the coins were not valuable but the point of the post is that you cannot fairly judge any detector until you've really learned how to use it. Both coins were found at super hunted sites. I mean, these spots get detected by multiple hunters on a weekly basis!

I hunted with the 8 inch concentric coil, disc=0, GB=4, Sens=4.5, volume=5. Enhanced mode. I also have slowed my swing.

Pinpoint twice, dig once

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2012 01:03AM by pulltabMiner.
Re: One more about the CZ-3D
May 27, 2012 01:24PM
Those are two VERY valuable lessons to learn. This data can also apply to other brands of units.

THE MORE YOU LEARN.......... THE MORE YOU FIND! ((( The more 'educational data bank' you have to draw from...... the better your success ))).
May 28, 2012 03:33PM
pulltabMiner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Last evening, I dug up a crusty wheat cent from a
> 6+ inch hole that also read iron/high coin but the
> high tone portion of the signal was so soft and
> lovely plus the signal pinpointed at the very same
> spot from different angles.
>

There ya go...one of the CZ secrets revealed. When a there is a low tone/high tone mix, and that high tone is of the soft, sweet variety and not the louder, blasting kind, dig it up ! It still may be iron, but it may be something really good. The low tone/loud blasting high tone mixes should be left alone. The only way you will start to learn the difference is by continuing to hunt with the CZ and get your ear trained for those sounds.

Only way to hear those sounds is to run in 0 discrim mode ( which you are running in). Once newer CZ users figure that out, a whole new world awaits. The old salts already know.
May 28, 2012 05:28PM
Learned a long time ago go slow for superior depth with a CZ....in the early nineties after hunting all day in an area with deep silver got tired and slowed down to a crawl after about 8 hours swinging(past history) low and behold in the last hour before it got dark came up with 3 silver deep coins..A light came on and since then literally crawl with a CZ..certainly cuts down on the ground coverage but certainly gets the ones the other guys can't touch.

Remember that bounce between foil and nickle can tell you two things...extremely deep jefferson or perhaps a Shield or V nickle as they just come in lower than the Jefferson.
Also good chance for a nice gold ring also so dig those bouncers...