Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox Technologies Part 2

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox Technologies Part 2
October 31, 2017 12:56PM
Re: Equinox Technologies Part 2
October 31, 2017 02:44PM
The recurring theme in the first two installments seems to be the multi freq. IQ system's ability to ID accurately at depth better than single freq. detectors.

If you have a CTX, you've enjoyed that ability for quite some time. No comparison is referenced in relation to FBS2.

Clearly, if you use a single freq. land only machine, there seems to be benefits to be derived.

My main interest is the Equinox' ability in the 20, 40 Khz prospecting realm. That is the achiles heel of the CTX, it's lack of good prospecting ability, which would make it a complete all use machine. If the Equinox can perform well in that domain too, that would be a huge plus.

Interesting to me, is that Minelab seems to be backing away from it's the more frequencies the better mantra with the FBS units, and all their harmonic frequencies. Saying "it's perhaps not the maximum number of frequencies needed to acheive optimum result".
October 31, 2017 02:57PM
I don't know that they are backing away as much as filling a market niche.
October 31, 2017 05:44PM
Sounds like the different modes will run different combinations of frequencies. At least one of our questions has been partially answered.
October 31, 2017 06:12PM
So the I and Q frequencies are gonna be different depending on mode? Hmm sounds interesting can’t wait to run it.

John
October 31, 2017 06:38PM
Perhaps not the frequencies which are different (in fact, I think that is unlikely - I suspect that 5 and 40 kHz [+- the small adjustments to cope with EMI] are the 8 to 1 ratio frequencies used all the time) but that various other software parameters if filtering and analysis are different from mode to mode.

This is exactly how all other multi-modal detectors operate.

We won't know until some instruments to detect and analyze the output of the detector are applied to a production machine - ML is unlikely to provide a straight answer to such a question - based on their past history.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
October 31, 2017 08:48PM
How about Pimento getting props lol
October 31, 2017 09:19PM
Someone @ Minelab reads the Dankowski forum:

So, full marks to “Pimento” on the Thomas Dankowski Metal Detecting Forum for this great deduction....:

“I think the IQ part of Multi-IQ is not suggesting how Intelligent it is, but is alluding to the mathematical I and Q, representing the two quadrature (90 degrees apart) components of the signal, (which are then demodulated, a key part of most metal detector workings)”
November 01, 2017 02:36AM
Another good report.

And.....

EQIQ does indeed sound like the "conductive bandwidth blind-spots" ..... are being mended/addressed. I give Kudo's to this conceptual notion.
November 01, 2017 03:15PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone @ Minelab reads the Dankowski forum:
>
> So, full marks to “Pimento” on the Thomas Dankowsk
> i Metal Detecting Forum for this great deduction..
> ..:
>
> “I think the IQ part of Multi-IQ is not suggesting
> how Intelligent it is, but is alluding to the math
> ematical I and Q, representing the two quadrature
> (90 degrees apart) components of the signal, (whic
> h are then demodulated, a key part of most metal d
> etector workings)”

+1thumbs down Kudos to Pimento!