Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just received a new CZ21 going to take it

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just received a new CZ21 going to take it
July 07, 2012 11:56AM
to Jamaica Sept. 2-10th. Wanted to take a ctx 3030 but still holding off and waiting to see if fisher does anything . With temps over 100 land hunting is not a priority at this time and no rain in sight here. Have used the cz20's in jamaica and cancuun, and dominican rupublic before with great results on finding rings..Still curious about the 3030. lats time in Jamaica stayed at Montego Bay. This time at Negril. any info on the area is appreciated...One of the things that I really like about the cz21 is the 3 tones. In my opinion that is all you need when water hunting. A meter is not necessary I feel. Love that mid tone especially when you are out of range of pull tabs......thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2012 12:01PM by sonny(IN).
Re: Just received a new CZ21 going to take it
July 07, 2012 12:09PM
No meter is a unsuspecting attribute.
July 07, 2012 01:07PM
With the weather and the price of gold (good move) Sonny....As far as meters go they have their place on land but in the water and the beaches run disc. low and dig all.

As far as Fisher rumors are flying and of course an improved CZ would be on my wish list, but not holding my breath..

Having used several models of the Explorer series hard to beat them as silver coin magnets and why fix what aint broke....
July 08, 2012 02:07PM
The CZ doesnt have a DD coil does it? With current technology id like to see a 12 DD and a much smaller box on the CZ21. I just dont like hip mounting.... light or not i believe you will have wire issues. Id sure like to have the ability to change coils on a water machine, headphone that are of a higher quality, and come on guys a straight shaft. 99 percent of us arent diving with these machines so do i care if it presures tests to 200 ft..... no 50 ft is good for me. I like the way the Xcal battery method.... nothing to open and get sealed right.

Dew
July 08, 2012 02:31PM
I think for a lot of use the main issue is can it take a drop in the water and keep on ticking. I also think that changing coils is a must option. ATPRO, CTX, are doing it. Last this is my thought on the headphone issue. Give me a 1/4 pigtail and a water tight cable seal that way I plug in what I want and then just place the seal around it if I really plan on keeping in submerged other then that no need. The reason for the pig tail is so you can use cable connector seals. Simple an effective solution. Wireless would be ok but we know it does not work once submerged.

Bryanna