Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Forums are slow

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Forums are slow
December 01, 2017 07:44PM
No not speed wise but posting wise and all over the net. There seems to be a gigantic slow down in posts. Are people burned out with Equinox posts? Maybe a slight loss of buzz? Maybe frustration that the unit isn't out yet? Good weather? New Netflicks shows? Who knows, but it's quiet.
Re: Forums are slow
December 01, 2017 07:56PM
Yeah, and they have been slow for a while. I quit reading posts about the Equinox as the posters are just re-hashing whats already been said numerous times already. In some parts of the country I'm sure fewer hunters are getting out do to weather conditions and then there is the actual game hunters stalking around in the woodlands and this curtails dectorists from getting out as well. It will get cranked up again! HH jim tn
December 01, 2017 09:12PM
Yes, things are pretty slow. Most all activity is based around new detectors and new ones no one has used yet. Which is good, keeps a fellow hyped up. But personally, when things get slow, or for that matter, anytime. I'd enjoy some more talk about folks' current detectors or the older ones they use or have used. Recent hunts, finds, settings used, ground conditions, all the stuff that goes along with it. Especially on this forum with all the knowledge that's here. There would be some good reading. Several weeks back I posted on Findsmall under teknetics, some finds I made with the t2 Classic, user name 2muchtrash. 400 views, 3 responses. Things are slow all over. smileys with beer
December 01, 2017 09:13PM
Wait until Winter Cabin Fever kicks in, then you will have some really lively discussions!!! smileys with beer
December 01, 2017 09:28PM
Don't tell me that Seabee. Winter is my relic hunting season. "I want a Lumpalumpa now" drinking smiley
December 01, 2017 09:31PM
Bill long Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't tell me that Seabee. Winter is my relic hunt
> ing season. "I want a Lumpalumpa now" drinking smiley

smiling bouncing smileygrinning smiley
December 01, 2017 09:58PM
Pretty soon it will be inside air test time. Things are always slow now. Thank goodness for Minelab. Nokta/Makro needs to make some new detector noise. Maybe we can bribe K Co to post a name and picture of their next detector!
December 01, 2017 10:04PM
There's just nothing new to talk about..... I'm sure when the next new machine comes out it'll create some buzz spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
December 01, 2017 11:05PM
One simple reason and that is Facebook,its easier to post images,you can open a 'free' forum and without any form of high server costs etc and i can see over the next few years some of the big forums closing down as they transfer over.

Love it or loath it,but that is the way that we will be using detecting forums in the future.
December 01, 2017 11:26PM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
> One simple reason and that is Facebook,its easier
> to post images,you can open a 'free' forum and wit
> hout any form of high server costs etc and i can s
> ee over the next few years some of the big forums
> closing down as they transfer over.
>
> Love it or loath it,but that is the way that we wi
> ll be using detecting forums in the future.

Things change so fast nowadays. Go to bed one night feeling you're with the program. Wake up the next morning only to find you're still in the brown shoe army days. Kinda like switching from a Metrotech to a Deus in the same hunt
December 01, 2017 11:28PM
j&D - Facebook has all the advantages do you cited – but one huge disadvantage.

Facebook is a river - it rushes by and goes around the bend - and is gone.

Forums, like this one are reservoirs - every little stream is preserved.

When I want to know something about something or somebody connected to a rorum - I have various tools which can give me the exact data I want in a heartbeat!

Even when a forum dies, the “Waybackmachine” at the Internet Archive - archive.org - can often resurrect it.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 01, 2017 11:37PM
Facebook has its share of tools too...just with a different meaning. For some reason, people on Facebook seem to be a little faster at being a smart mouth that needs their nose mashed in. That's typically how I feel after seeing some of the posts. I tend to spend more time outside when I take notice of it getting to me like that....go on a Internet fasting so to speak.
December 02, 2017 12:33AM
Things might be alittle slow because of the time of year. People in the colder climates have to hang up their detectors for the season, Christmas is getting closer and I imagine that folks are spending their online time searching for gifts,etc. I enjoy reading the forums at any time but visiting the forums during the winter time is especially nice since I can not go detecting until the snow is gone & the grown has thawed.
December 02, 2017 12:45AM
Don't think it's the weather affecting.

The temps are high for this time of year, in lots of places in USA.

Supposed to be 20 degrees above average in the mid south this weekend.

Equinox is the main reason I think.
Folks are pondering too about their detectors,,what to keep, what to sell.

And just maybe trying to predict when a certain model will hit the bottom on the used market and then buy.

We haven't seen a saturated used market yet.
Just wait.

I can see some models getting real cheap, otherwise they will just sit in classifieds for a loooong time.
Winter weather will strike eventually though, and this will even aggravate the used detector market even more.

The has been detector list is fixing to grow, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 12:49AM by Sod-buster.
December 02, 2017 01:08AM
Nothing like a bit of gloom and doom.......even if there is something to it. HH jim tn
Forums are slow
December 02, 2017 02:25AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> No not speed wise but posting wise and all over th
> e net. There seems to be a gigantic slow down in p
> osts. Are people burned out with Equinox posts? Ma
> ybe a slight loss of buzz? Maybe frustration that
> the unit isn't out yet? Good weather? New Netflick
> s shows? Who knows, but it's quiet.

Decreased Forum Participation - Causes?

End of season / Season drawing to a close. Cold weather is starting to impact many. Overnight temps have dropped, freezing the ground is some areas.

Interruption in the USA by Thanksgiving Holiday and beginning of Christmas / Holiday Season. Changing gears for a lot of people.

Minelab Equinox has impacted the worlds of many whether they are interested in buying one or not. We are seeing an inordinate number of top notch used detectors that are now "obsolete" hitting the classified sections of forums. Whether they are 'obsolete' or not doesn't seem to be the issue. Guys are believing the claim by Minelab and we're seeing the results in detectors FOR SALE. Those left HOLDING ON to their favorite detector are watching the VALUES of their favorite detectors drop . . . and drop . . . . . and drop as others scramble to sell before they are unsellable. Kind of crazy.

I have to say that I am worn out over the prognostications on the equinox. I was already looking for a weather resistant all purpose detector like the MX Sport or AT Pro / Max when the Equinox was announced. Seemed like more bang for my buck than the other two, so I put my name on the list. Never thought the introduction would turn into such a polarizing announcement. And I never thought I'd see the FOR SALE activity like this and really good detectors going cheap.

Anyway, hoping that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and that the coming Holiday Season is great for you and your families.

Safe Travels,

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
December 02, 2017 03:44AM
Expect a whole lot of air test reports come early February. That should put most of us into hibernation. confused smiley
December 02, 2017 06:01AM
PhDtector Wrote:
> Expect a whole lot of air test reports come early
> February. That should put most of us into hibernat
> ion. confused smiley

So what's going to be the BEST ACCESSORY (other than factory) for the equinox. How about those golf club head covers for the grip/display area. Like Tiger Woods sported on his driver.

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
December 02, 2017 04:43PM
great responses thank you!