Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Something to consider Equinox!

Posted by Alpha Goat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Something to consider Equinox!
December 02, 2017 12:57PM
“The Li-ion battery in the EQUINOX detectors is easily replaceable. Minelab has not yet released official information as to whether or not a user can change the battery over without voiding warranty or if we recommend the battery is changed by a dealer or service centre. Further information about battery care and maintenance will be provided in the EQUINOX Instruction Manual, which has not been released yet. This will be available when the product is available. The EQUINOX detectors are not designed to run from AA batteries. However, you can use a standard USB power bank (as you do with mobile phones) to recharge the built-in battery and operate the detector at the same time.”
Re: Something to consider Equinox!
December 02, 2017 02:37PM
With a ten or twelve hour run time, I doubt I would ever come close to using up a whole charge in a day.

I wouldn't expect anything to go wrong with the Minelab battery, but in case something did happen to it, the power bank idea sounds like a good option.

Would a power bank be able to run the machine even with an expired or non-existent battery?
December 02, 2017 02:39PM
"Further information about battery care and maintenance will be provided in the EQUINOX instruction manual,which has not been released ".

PS. We ain't gonna tell ya until you buy one.
December 02, 2017 04:06PM
Early info said the Equinox could be run while charging so a power pack should be able to extend run time greatly. Even in the boonies a guy with a power pack or two should have no worry and the weight woould probably be less than carrying back up alkaline batteries. I would have more concern with the QUALITY of the batteries and the assurance they would have the necessary charge cycle life to at least surpass the warranty(3 years?) of the detector itself. A 1000 charge cycle would be minimal for regular usage , without that one runs into the same conundrum you have with the Deus and it's 2 year battery warranty and 5 year detector warranty. Batteries are available for the Deus at $15 but warranty concerns make an owner commit to a minimum $60 charge , with postage , on each of the three basic components.

My batteries have difficulty making it for a long days hunt anymore and I still have almost 2 years left on the warranty which I will null and void when I change them myself.
December 02, 2017 07:49PM
I read somewhere that Minelab say that although the battery is easy to get out there are several seals to remove and replace and this needs to be done at a Minelab service center to preserve warranty.
December 03, 2017 12:52AM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Further information about battery care and mainte
> nance will be provided in the EQUINOX instruction
> manual,which has not been released ".
>
> PS. We ain't gonna tell ya until you buy one.

winking smiley Yeah!