Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A few words about the latest AKA model and it is Piligrim 47.

Posted by Igor 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A few words about the latest AKA model and it is Piligrim 47.
December 06, 2017 01:50PM
I guess very few information is about the newest AKA model.I will copy some information from my another thread and put it here.
It would be useful I suppose to discuss if interesting.
This detector is the latest AKA model.Can have 6 AA or 4 AA batteries.With 6 AA it is more powerful,of course.
All AKA coils at all frequencies work with Piligrim.
The detector is very easy for setting and using,but there is only Russian manual at present.The manual is short and I suppose,it is not complicated to translate if it is necessary.
Not able to put any picture here,it seems it should obligatory have links.
Instead of this,I will show a link just to see some pictures only.
[www.garysdetecting.co.uk]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 02:20PM by Igor.
Re: A few words about the latest AKA model and it is Piligrim 47.
December 06, 2017 01:59PM
Igor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess very few information is about the newest A
> KA model.I will copy some information from my anot
> her thread here and put it here.
> It would be useful I suppose to discuss if interes
> ting.
> This detector is the latest AKA model.Can have 6 A
> A or 4 AA batteries.With 6 AA it is more powerful,
> of course.
> All AKA coils at all frequencies work with Piligri
> m.
> The detector is very easy for setting and using,bu
> t there is only Russian manual at present.The manu
> al is short and I suppose,it is not complicated to
> translate if it is necessary.
> I guess very few information is about the newest A
> KA model.I will copy some information from my anot
> her thread and put it here.
> It would be useful I suppose to discuss if interes
> ting.
> This detector is the latest AKA model.Can have 6 A
> A or 4 AA batteries.With 6 AA it is more powerful,
> of course.
> All AKA coils at all frequencies work with Piligri
> m.
> The detector is very easy for setting and using,bu
> t there is only Russian manual at present.The manu
> al is short and I suppose,it is not complicated to
> translate if it is necessary.
> Not able to put any picture here,it seems they sho
> uld obligatory have links.

I would be interested in more information....
I would be interested in more information....
December 06, 2017 02:04PM
Complicated to put an info here.
Tried to make a copy of technical points,not loaded.As well as photoes,not possible to make it from a computer directly.
In my first message,it was a system mistake to double the information.

MAIN TECHNICAL
FEATURES
Power supply: 6 or 4 cell type "AA" based on
from modification
The maximum range
detection:
4 AA- brass disc 25 mm in diameter - 35 cm
limit - 150 cm
6 AA- brass disk with a diameter of 25 mm - 40 cm
limit - 200 cm
Consumption current, mA: 4 AA 150
6 AA 260
The maximum time
of continuous work, hours:
4 AA 18
6 AA 10
Coil size, mm: 152x260 (6X10”)
Tool weight, kg: 1,4
Display modes: audio multi-tone
Ground balance:
semi-automatic with auto-tuning when
search
Search modes: all metals
discrimination
Dimensions, mm telescopic rod - 1100-1300
the electronic control unit is 125 X 200 X 40
Notes.
Maximum detection range - the maximum possible distance
object detection in the absence of external interference at the maximum
the sensitivity settings.
The current consumption and continuous operation time - with no sound
the display and backlight off display when using
batteries with a capacity of 2700 mAh.
Weight of the device without installed batteries, coil 6X10”

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 02:10PM by Igor.
December 06, 2017 03:24PM
I believe it talks with a Russian womens voice!
December 06, 2017 04:01PM
ghound Wrote:
> I believe it talks with a Russian womens voice!
========================
I believe,this is not a thing to pay attention too much if we say about a serious detector,but you are right and you can hear the voice when make an adoption of the coil and GB after that.What impressed me more in this case was very stable working with 6" by 10" coil showing a respective depth and a good separation.
December 06, 2017 11:20PM
Just what I do not need. Another womens voice in my ear!
December 07, 2017 08:27AM
Using the same coil next day,for example,you will not hear the voice.Someone who for instance,has bought Piligrim with the only coil in the set will probably never hear the voice using the same coil as far without an adaptation switched on,this voice keeps silent.thumbs down
December 07, 2017 11:17AM
You have to be a Gold paying member to view most of Gary's UK Forum.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 07, 2017 01:09PM
Sven1 Wrote:
> You have to be a Gold paying member to view most o
> f Gary's UK Forum.
>
>
>
>
=========================
These pictures seem to show not quite the same as AKA produce now under Piligrim model name.I suppose,one of prototypes is shown or what other reason to differ?
December 07, 2017 02:25PM
Certainly looks interesting, especially if it can share my Signum's coils, it would make for a good back-up machine!
December 07, 2017 02:48PM
ghound Wrote:
> Certainly looks interesting, especially if it can
> share my Signum's coils, it would make for a good
> back-up machine!

=================
Piligrim will work with all of them.Signums and Piligrims are the models of 2 different AKA engineers.So,they would add each other.
December 10, 2017 09:42PM
Boys from AKA should more work on customer support. Is not easy to build perfect machine, but is hard to care about customers. AKA doesn't answer of emails at all. So the better way is to burn the money or buy other brand. Is the waste of time. If they understand it it will be good. Now we have garage company nothing more.
December 14, 2017 11:58AM
Shelton Wrote:
> Boys from AKA should more work on customer support
> . Is not easy to build perfect machine, but is har
> d to care about customers. AKA doesn't answer of e
> mails at all. So the better way is to burn the mon
> ey or buy other brand. Is the waste of time. If th
> ey understand it it will be good. Now we have gara
> ge company nothing more.
====================
I would like to ask you not to say about all your possible partners concerning any questions connected with AKA.As for me and I could assist in mostly of questions,I try not to miss any messages even if they are complicated or other reason not to be answered.Next time,please,point out exactly where you addressed with your questions as far you say about your negatives in my thread.
I cann't say for those who sell or consult and not connected with the main AKA here in Russia at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2017 12:01PM by Igor.
December 14, 2017 12:33PM
Dual morality syndrome? Check your emails. I can forward each message here. But I don't want to be cruel. And this forum is not place for this. This is not my opinion only. Just read AKA forum about it. Customer support doesn't exist. Period.

This message is only warring for customers. To avoid problems. If you change it. Good for you. If not. Soon AKA logo will be not recognized. The simple rule of modern time. The question is care or not to care. Think about it.
December 14, 2017 12:53PM
I must agree with Shelton, the customer support for AKA detectors is very sparse. They show no interest in selling their products in the west, they do not even print their manuals in English but depend on others to do so. I have also sent email to Igor which were never returned. Their is no support for their products in the USA and if any issues arise there is no recourse but to send unit back to Russia.
I have owned several AKA units and the quality of the shaft assemblies are horrible. A Drunken blind man could drill straighter holes than the ones I seen on my units.
I will give some credit though, the technology of the machines are top notch and are very deep BUT if a customer knows they will be ignored after the sale then they will not buy your brand. Instead of just saying how great your company is why not prove it my SHOWING it by deeds. Return emails, set up a service center and or distributor in the USA. print your manual's in several languages, have your engineers post videos explaining the settings and set up of the machines. No one will pay big money for these machines unless there is a BIG change in the way you market them.
December 14, 2017 01:07PM
choppadude Wrote:
> I must agree with Shelton, the customer support fo
> r AKA detectors is very sparse. They show no inter
> est in selling their products in the west, they do
> not even print their manuals in English but depend
> on others to do so. I have also sent email to Igor
> which were never returned. Their is no support for
> their products in the USA and if any issues arise
> there is no recourse but to send unit back to Russ
> ia.
> I have owned several AKA units and the quality of
> the shaft assemblies are horrible. A Drunken blind
> man could drill straighter holes than the ones I s
> een on my units.

> I will give some credit though, the technology of
> the machines are top notch and are very deep BUT i
> f a customer knows they will be ignored after the
> sale then they will not buy your brand. Instead of
> just saying how great your company is why not prov
> e it my SHOWING it by deeds. Return emails, set up
> a service center and or distributor in the USA. pr
> int your manual's in several languages, have your
> engineers post videos explaining the settings and
> set up of the machines. No one will pay big money
> for these machines unless there is a BIG change in
> the way you market them.

Couldn't agree more but I get the impression they really don't care about the U.S. market. What a shame. They make a great machine.
December 14, 2017 01:08PM
I don't like the fact that performance varies from 4-cell to 6-cell operation, that tends to suggest a lack of regulation, typically resulting in performance drops as the batteries run down.
December 14, 2017 02:11PM
That's something i also wondered Pimento, it may be possible that the language translation or lack of english info is an issue here, and maybe a bit of Russian 'depth ' bravado lol
I would have thought running more batteries would extend detecting time, maybe that's what it really means? I know when the batteries in my signum drop to certain level it turns off, even though there's still power in the batteries.

On the customer service issue, while the S-rod is very poor in that it has play/hole alignment issues etc, the main unit, coils and software seem really solid, and i'm only guessing that they may not have a lot of warranty returns, and as such they may not be as upto date in that respect. Some companies have excellent customer service out of necessity because their products are very poorly constructed and get loads of returns, personally i'd much rather have the detector that has less chance of needing warranty repairs.

I'd agree they don't seem to be bothered about sales in some countries, there's other manufacturers in Europe who are the same, they already have a vast home market to keep the orders flowing.
Pimento Wrote:
> I don't like the fact that performance varies from
> 4-cell to 6-cell operation, that tends to suggest
> a lack of regulation, typically resulting in perfo
> rmance drops as the batteries run down.
December 14, 2017 02:42PM
And another issue prices.... Upgrade 200 USD? In Moscow? New Intronik for 3000 USD?!
December 14, 2017 02:55PM
There is a lot of information here and it seems having only negatives to our side.Then,I would remind and repeat,AKA do not pretend to be compared with other brands due to sales,a network of a dealership.They just want the world to be informed what AKA is able to compete.And this is exactly detectors themselves,as models and capabilities they can give.AKA is not a big company,quantities of assembled detectors are not big too.Cann't say exactly,how deep the owner of AKA is interested in seeing his detectors somewhere in the world,but in fact by present days,hundreds of users from different countries have been already equainted with.I suppose this is the maximum task,the owner has.The internal market in Russia is very big and this is enough for AKA to exist further,to work out new models.But as always in the world and in different fields,all is studed only in comparing.
Then,concerning some points from written above.All manuals for present models have been printed in English and suppled with detectors for last two years.Except for the last model,which does not have a monitor and having no complicated settings.
Concerning any personal messages to me.I saw all of them if they did not come to spam folder and replied if I was able to do it.Mostly such messages concerned free detectors to test or questions how to become a dealer.All the information was transfered to the staff.Other messages about technical questions were replied by me.
Concerning a service,this is quite the same situation like in other brands located internationally.
When someone wants to have a detector,he has to choose according to all points in this connection.More power and capabilities or more service or other points or together all these factors,but expensive so the choice will be personally made.
December 14, 2017 03:01PM
Concerning Pilgrims with 4 or 6 AA.
Please,consider it as two models and these are really two models.The first with longer working,but not so deep as the second.
December 14, 2017 03:07PM
Ok Igor. But try to by a human. If you work on something for customers don't write about possibilities.
If you want do something better you can always to choose.

Intronik price again: 3000 USD is top shelf. If I pay for Mercedes Benz I don't get Fiat or Lada. Sorry. No shaft issues not software expensive updates or impossible updates.

Sell it for 500 USD. And everything is easy to understand for everyone. Problems ok. But price is low, so...

About SPAM folder. Just read your AKA forum. You can easily reply here or on another forum?! Why? Because you can sell it!

I'm waiting for simple answers few months... and nothing. I wrote on AKA forum on personal emails or even SuchMuch administrator do it in my name. No answer at all. If my AKA detector die. I can only do one thing. Put it in bin. This is very bad feeling. If you doing something do it well or not. Don't write about Russian market. If you don't want to sell in USA or in Poland don't do it. You will avoid problems.
December 14, 2017 03:12PM
Concerning upgrading and I have already explained it before.But will do again.This is not an option officially performed at AKA.One of the local dealers here makes it.I refused to make an upgrade to all of those who asked.I would even add,that not 200,but 300 USD it costs now.But my personal approach is not to suggest this option except for a new detector as far all the guarantees will be on that dealer and not on AKA.
Besides,if AKA consider any changing or upgrading as useful,they would implement it in their detectors.
December 14, 2017 03:27PM
Shelton Wrote:
> Ok Igor. But try to by a human. If you work on som
> ething for customers don't write about possibiliti
> es.
> If you want do something better you can always to
> choose.
>
> Intronik price again: 3000 USD is top shelf. If I
> pay for Mercedes Benz I don't get Fiat or Lada. So
> rry. No shaft issues not software expensive update
> s or impossible updates.
>
> Sell it for 500 USD. And everything is easy to und
> erstand for everyone. Problems ok. But price is lo
> w, so...
>
> About SPAM folder. Just read your AKA forum. You c
> an easily reply here or on another forum?! Why? Be
> cause you can sell it!
>
>
> I'm waiting for simple answers few months... and n
> othing. I wrote on AKA forum on personal emails or
> even SuchMuch administrator do it in my name. No a
> nswer at all. If my AKA detector die. I can only d
> o one thing. Put it in bin. This is very bad feeli
> ng. If you doing something do it well or not. Don'
> t write about Russian market. If you don't want to
> sell in USA or in Poland don't do it. You will avo
> id problems.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!
I will reply starting from the end.Please,do not indicate to me what I should or what I need to write.
Next,where did you see any Intronik on sale?We did not see even one here available.It concerns the cost as well.
Also,I would like to ask you to be a human.
Besides,I am not obliged to participate in all discussions on all forums.If I do it only due to my enthusiazm having not a ruble for that as far I find it interesting for me and have a free time.
Finally,you write a lot,but still do not write about your questions you were going to be answered.But I guess,that you do not need it any more.If so,why you constantly continue to say here only about negatives?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2017 03:30PM by Igor.
December 14, 2017 03:36PM
What arrogance...

Try to answer with arguments first. I'm also your customer. I have AKA Signum...

About Intronik price. Price was changed few times. First was about 10 000 USD and goes lower and lower.

You plan to show it in Detectival Rally in UK. But you didn't come and you disappointed your customers. It was better to talk with them on the place and even don't show your unfinished product. And the final date of the premiere was changed also... you should show it two months ago. Next date is... spring 2018.

That is all for me. Some peoples on AKA forum beware of your arrogant behavior but ok. I have the big layer of outer skin. I'm from Poland my Russian man.

Check your emails and answer for my questions and don't play a victim. I don't to buy it.
December 14, 2017 03:46PM
Shelton Wrote:
> What arrogance...
>
> Try to answer with arguments first. I'm also your
> customer. I have AKA Signum...
>
> About Intronik price. Price was changed few times.
> First was about 10 000 USD and goes lower and lowe
> r.
>
> You plan to show it in Detectival Rally in UK. But
> you didn't come and you disappointed your customer
> s. It was better to talk with them on the place an
> d even don't show your unfinished product. And th
> e final date of the premiere was changed also... y
> ou should show it two months ago. Next date is...
> spring 2018.
>
> That is all for me. Some peoples on AKA forum bewa
> re of your arrogant behavior but ok. I have the bi
> g layer of outer skin. I'm from Poland my Russian
> man.
>
> Check your emails and answer for my questions and
> don't play a victim. I don't to buy it.
I see now from your last message,that you consider me as a member with whom you discussed something about Intronik.Personally,I did not promise to come to the UK,even did not write about and even did not know,that someone was going there.If so,then,it is a loss not to visit such a butiful land.We study English with the daughter at present and mostly all the studying concerns a life in the UK.
Personally,I have not even seen any Intronik yet and also have no idea about its cost.
December 14, 2017 05:53PM
Why are you giving Igor a hard time ? as far as i now he is just a re-seller of AKA detectors he is not AKA so he is not responsible for their emails or customer service he is only responsible for the things he sells and i and many other people i know have bought from him with no problems at all.
December 14, 2017 05:57PM
I don't have anything personally to Igor, I hope he redirects it to AKA crew. They are like shadows - don't exists in real world. Sorry, Igor if you feel bad.
December 14, 2017 07:24PM
The performance of the Signum MFD in my soil is exceptional, it's the only machine i can get a coin at a true 12" with a banging signal, with the right coil/freq it's a top open field machine for specific targets.
I can forgive it's cr4p s-rod as it doesn't effect it's performance, and performance is what matters more to myself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2017 07:27PM by ghound.
December 15, 2017 12:20AM
sanjuro Wrote:
> Why are you giving Igor a hard time ? as far as i
> now he is just a re-seller of AKA detectors he is
> not AKA so he is not responsible for their emails
> or customer service he is only responsible for the
> things he sells and i and many other people i know
> have bought from him with no problems at all.
===========================
Thanks for standing things on a true position.You are right about my personality corresponding to AKA.But I will add,that very few people here who can speak and write English and could be informed about some technical aspects at the same time.That's why I was asked by the AKA owner to do my best from enthusiastic point of view to introduce users if they want with AKA models.Always I tried to do it and continue at present.If someone asks me to assist to have something from here,I will do it as well as far also few people here want to to assist in this case connected with explanations,shipping and so on.In this case,AKA tried to develop a little their presence in the world and created a dealership in some places.I know,that not all of them became successful from all points concerning sales,service,spare parts and so on.But,to do something is better,than to do nothing.Moreover,the detectors produced at AKA are really worthy to consider them as ones from the best-better in some aspects and worse in other aspects to compare with others also ones from the best.I suppose,it is all honest and to compete capabilities of different brands on that base could serve a benefit to users all over the world to make their choice and to make detecting as a hobby more interesting and beneficial too.