Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

V2 Time Ranger

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
V2 Time Ranger
December 07, 2017 10:03PM
I saw what appeared to be an mint older V2 Bounty Hunter Time Ranger for sale on the 'depot today and couldn't help myself. Once I confirmed it did indeed have the real surface Blanker feature I had to buy it. I have some spots where a surface blanker will help get through that first layer of trash. At least cut down some audio noise. With the release of the F2/F4 series detectors there are also a lot of DD coil options for it now, too, if it works out. Shoot, no more than I paid for it, one ring out of that trash pit would pay for it and give me a reason to buckle down and start stripping the trash out of it.

I'm happy to have run across it. Ought to have it in hand in a few days.

HH
Mike
Re: V2 Time Ranger
December 07, 2017 10:35PM
Hey Mike,

Never used a detector with that unique feature. I wonder why it isn't something we see implemented in current detectors, seems like a nice feature to have?

hh,
Brian
December 08, 2017 12:51AM
GTI 2500 has that feature too
December 08, 2017 02:00AM
Do a video of two different machines so we can hear the difference..thanks

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 08, 2017 10:30AM
I liked the feature on the Big Bud!
December 08, 2017 03:03PM
Bad form commanding someone to do a video.
December 08, 2017 05:22PM
Bad form commanding someone to do a video?

I'll never ask again for a video...sorry

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

December 08, 2017 06:10PM
Don't sweat it Lowboy. I didn't and don't. I would like to make some videos and am working up to it. So far all I've done is some hiking vids so my Beloved can see some of what I see when I'm walking the mountain canyons since she can't walk with me anymore. Only missing ingredient right now is time.

Told my wife I bought another detector. She rolled her eyes like she always does and asked the same old question, "How many do you have now?" To which I reply, "I think I'm good now, might sell one or two later though and get another one."

I'll give a quick review of how the blanker feature worked when I get my hands on it and get a chance to run it.

HH
Mike
December 08, 2017 07:15PM
Hey Mike you must have married my wife's sister. She saw the 10 I had lined up in my home office and made her usual comment. Missed the 6 in the closet and 4 still in the garage. I now know I have 20. I also told her the new Minelab would replace all but one. Even she rolled her eyes at that Bravo Sierra!
December 08, 2017 07:44PM
Thanks

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

December 08, 2017 07:45PM
The Royal Sabre Plus from Tesoro had blanking!
December 11, 2017 11:13AM
Alpha Goat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I liked the feature on the Big Bud!

I found my first Barber Dime with the Big Bud Pro.
December 11, 2017 02:47PM
Whatever works..counter productive to me...could be recently dropped jewelry and old coins in this area.
December 11, 2017 03:52PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Whatever works..counter productive to me...could b
> e recently dropped jewelry and old coins in this a
> rea.

True but it's a cherry pickers dream setting. But it's has it's flaws because it is based on signal strength.
December 11, 2017 04:55PM
Wasn't the Big Bud Pro the first to have the surface blanking feature?
December 11, 2017 05:58PM
I believe so and the SE>
December 12, 2017 07:21PM
Yes surface blanking was a feature set back in the day to avoid the clad and dig the silver..or rid yourself of surface trash and peek for the deepers without loosing depth

The Big Bud had it ...what a great machine it was!!

Garrett 2500 still has it

The Titan 9000 bounty hunter which was a Time ranger also had it ..

Seems there's still a ton of new time rangers out there even though they quit making them a few years ago. ..[www.amazon.com]

Hey remember the first Time Ranger Mike before FT bought Bounty hunter like in about 95 or so???it had the plastic antenna sticking off it..Sentry or something like that it was called..

your V2 didn't have the antenna...I think they actually took it off the V1 while in production??

I hada V1 antenna back sometime in the late 90s it was alot like big bud pro audio wise with more features...

let us know how get on with it!!

here's the antenna model I found on google images..What fun!!

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 12, 2017 11:33PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yes surface blanking was a feature set back in the
> day to avoid the clad and dig the silver..or rid y
> ourself of surface trash and peek for the deepers
> without loosing depth
>
> The Big Bud had it ...what a great machine it was!
> !
>
> Garrett 2500 still has it
>
> The Titan 9000 bounty hunter which was a Time ran
> ger also had it ..
>
> Seems there's still a ton of new time rangers out
> there even though they quit making them a few year
> s ago. ..[www.amazon.com]
> RANGER-Ranger-Detector/dp/B00005A3L6
>
> Hey remember the first Time Ranger Mike before FT
> bought Bounty hunter like in about 95 or so???it h
> ad the plastic antenna sticking off it..Sentry or
> something like that it was called..
>
> your V2 didn't have the antenna...I think they act
> ually took it off the V1 while in production??
>
> I hada V1 antenna back sometime in the late 90s it
> was alot like big bud pro audio wise with more fea
> tures...
>
> let us know how get on with it!!
>
> here's the antenna model I found on google images.
> .What fun!!
>
>
>

What was the purpose of the antenna? Did it double as a Long Range Locator (LRL)??? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
December 12, 2017 11:56PM
LOL.....it had a name I cant remember ...see if I can look it up...

ahh here we go

SENTRON CO-RELATOR ANTENNA
This unique feature of the Time Ranger monitors outside interference levels, allowing the detector circuit to
make automatic adjustments. It also performs an important function related to the Smart Trac and Ground
Monitoring Systems. When in operation, the antenna should be extended. When stored, or not in use, the
antenna should be retracted. The Red LED Light at the rear of the Sentron will alert you whenever the
Ground Monitor goes negative

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2017 12:05AM by Keith Southern.
December 13, 2017 02:34AM
Hey Mike,

you get the unit/test it out yet??

Just wanting to see what you think/how that "blanker" works in your opinion.
December 13, 2017 04:05PM
Well.....never mind all. I got snookered. Guy advertised a blanking model Time Ranger, We specifically discussed the presence of the blanking meter in the lower right hand corner of the display. I even sent a picture of my own for him to verify against. The blanking meter is the 2, 0, 4 meter that displays in the lower right hand corner.

But .....that is not what I got. What I actually got was the current non-blanking model, with no blanking meter in the lower right hand corner. Instead of the advertised blanking meter I got the minus/plus zap meter.

Sent an email. Waiting to see what happens next.

HH
Mike
December 13, 2017 04:19PM
I wonder if earlier Time Ranger Model was Hotter than Newer Model or the same?
December 13, 2017 04:45PM
The guy stepped up and refunded the purchase price. I don't believe the mistake was intentional. Some of this stuff is hard to keep up with if you are not familiar with it. I think he is a good guy trying to sell something he wasn't personally familiar with. I would buy something from him again.

Harold,
The V2 model also had a no-motion all metal mode that also included target ID, much like the Tesoro Cortes has today. Of course target id requires a set signal strength to activate it. Dave J got rid of that and the blanker feature when he tinkered it into version 4. My opinion, the current Time Ranger is an F2 with a ground balance.

HH
Mike
December 13, 2017 05:15PM
Couple on eBay yesterday!