Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

(New) DeepTech Vista Gold Gain 30 kHz First True Outing

Posted by Ziggy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
(New) DeepTech Vista Gold Gain 30 kHz First True Outing
December 15, 2017 02:52PM
30 kHz DeepTech Vista Gold Gain First Coil to the soil outing.

*VG Vista Gold
*VGG Vista Gold Gain

So yesterday was my first outing where I could get the coil low and slow, even though I managed to pull a hammered coin on my very first outing in the snow, I couldn't really judge the machines true ability due to the coil hovering around 6-7 inches off the soil on the snow covered ground.

Yesterday's outing was completely different, snow had cleared and just the loose stubble to deal with, not really an issue so I got stuck right in searching for signals.
First thing I noticed was how sharp the 30 kHz VGG really is especially tied in with the new audio upgrade over the original VG.
This VGG production model has been refined compared to the prototype that I briefly tested back a few months ago, it's now more stable and the power is not so extreme what will suit more Detectorist I feel and that is only a good thing.

I've not had a chance to compare the VGG against the VG yet in the field but in the home tests I've done their are gains to be had especially when mineralised ground is to be mentioned, let's not forget this machine was requested by a very well seasoned Detectorist Jethro Carpenter to deal with some really awkward ground he has on some of his permissions.

So this machine is primarily here to deal with such situations but also has gains on normal/non mineralised ground when set up correctly over the VG.

Let's get back on to how it feels, as said sharp and there is something about it I just can't place my mind on yet, it seems to deal with iffy targets better, less fidgety around iron, more precise but this is to be confirmed with more outings under my belt with it and comparing directly to the VG.

The VGG is very fast and with the future addition of a smaller coil this will be a very handy detector for winkling out tiny items around busy iron areas even more than it is now with the 11" Pitbull attached.

I really feel that Plamen Rashkov has worked some magic on this machine and I thought that the VG was the pinnacle in this format of machine but now it's been taken one step further.

This machine is amazingly sensitive to small items on the surface and just under what is great, many people think just of depth but they forget with the lower kHz machines you will miss tiny signals what can be cracking items just on or below the surface of the soil, yes we all want big gold and silver coins and the VGG is more than capable of finding these at depths also even with running a higher kHz than most machines on the market today.

I found it easy to ground balance and the difference in high and low tones makes it very easy on the ear to distinguish between good and bad targets, as said very sharp audio along with rapid recovery speed makes this a corker of a winkle picker.

As you can see in the photos this machine sure ain't shy of finding small stuff.

So what can I say about my first coil to the soil outing ?
It's a competent machine that will find you small and large items in the field if they are there to begin with, can it make a old field come alive again, very possible due to its keenness to find the tiny item that you might of missed with other lower kHz machines.

So let's sum it up...

The VGG is a machine primarily designed to hunt in awkward mineralised ground but also excels in normal conditions, it's easy to use and has depth and speed without having to utilise any menus or programs.

Having now the option to control the Sensitivity and Gain independently is great, once you figure out when and why to adjust it will give you better opportunity to get the best out of your soil conditions or field situation.

When I know more I will post but the above is just my initial thoughts on my first true outing and on one site.

The machine is selling like hot cakes so I'm sure you will hear from other users soon, as with all the other DeepTech Detectors I don't think you will be hearing many if any bad words about this one going by this first out.

To finish this article all I can say is I can't wait to get in the field with this machine again

Re: (New) DeepTech Vista Gold Gain 30 kHz First True Outing
December 15, 2017 03:34PM
Looks like a nice hunt. Congrats.
December 15, 2017 05:44PM
Thanks for the info Ziggy Looks like the new VGG is gonna be another awesome machine from DeepTech. Those $1 Gold coins are gonna have a hard time staying hidden with this machine hunting them down lol. I got my tracking number this morning for my VGG, hope to have a window of decent weather to try it out when it shows up.

John
December 15, 2017 06:02PM
"Hey Zigster, how are you?

Long time No hear??

Have a very Happy Christmas buddy!!!"0
December 15, 2017 07:01PM
Looking Good Ziggy!!

Yes Plamen is a true audiophile..His units have some of the best Audio ...they have that Old school analog feel audio but utilizing modern day operating options...

I look forward to using my 30Khz Gain model in some deep dirt spots ..

Always amazed at how Deeptech has made a high freq machine (well actually higher than normal freq) still be able to hit high conductors at depth so well..The 30khz also seems CRISPER than the already excellent 25Khz..

I know Plamen has some more tricks up his sleeve yet!!winking smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 20, 2017 08:12AM
DeepTech Grabbing The Goodies

I've been using these DeepTech machines for a good few years now and solid for around the last 6 months, since I started detecting I've always been keen to try new detectors and always wanted that one machine that will strip the land bare of the remaining finds, did I ever find that machine out of all I tested ? No but what I have learnt after using many different brands and models is that you can't beat a simple yet powerful detector.

Do you need menus for field searching ?
Nope
Do you need menus to have a fast recovery speed ?
Nope
Do you need menus to find deep items ?
Nope
Do you need menus to find items ?
Nope

So what do you need menus and many options for?..Maybe to justify the price tags and to make you feel more involved possibly, some setting are useful for sure but mess with settings on a detector too much and watch your finds rate fall if your not sure what your doing and adjusting for what reason.

What if one manufacturer came out with a machine with no menus, no options but just two tones and a few dials to find good and bad targets and promised it will strip the land bare ? Would you buy this machine I ask you.

Here at DeepTech Metal Detectors we can't promise you that we can supply a detector that will strip your permission clean but we can offer you simplicity in all our range of detectors, no complicated menus or options but more down the line of machines that can and will find you many nice items easily without complications.

Can listening for a high tone be hard ?, what if listening out for them clean high tones can bring you some fantastic finds like the DeepTech Detectors have done for me, Gold hammered, Gold Milled and same with the Silvers and many other lovely finds.

What you see in the photo is just some of my recent finds from a few various locations, all came along due to listening out for that one high tone from a DeepTech detector then digging them out

Want a detector that can do deep and can do fast then please look at the DeepTech range, from basic to advance there is a machine in the range that will work for your inland needs without giving you a headache.

Take a plunge and treat yourself like many others around the globe or do some research on our productive Detectors and see what others have found with them.

DeepTech Metal Detectors Website
[deeptech-bg.com]

DeepTech Uk Sales Showroom
[www.leisure-promotions.co.uk]

American DeepTech Sales
[www.backwoodsmetaldetectors.com]

December 20, 2017 08:16AM
Six Silvers in Two "n" Half Outings

The (New) DeepTech Vista Gold Gain 30 kHz has pulled six silvers and some nice bits and bobs already whilst on its unfolding search for history with me.

I've been out with this machine for two snow free days now and sure happy to see silver pop up on all outings so far, when can that ever be a bad sign.

A great asset for this machine is the way it deals with the iron areas and the audio feedback its gives in the process, no drawn out endings to big shallow audio just a quick switch from high to low tones whilst sweeping the coil off the target.

The sharpened iron audio really does allow for the signals to be split faster letting your ears tune into the tiny high tones quicker, more focused than the Original Gold in amongst the iron I feel that has already established itself as a formidable detector on the market today.

Steady sweeping whilst listening out for the fast double zaps of a high tone indicating an item is near or on the surface, also the soft lower intensity wider signals pronounced for deeper items is the way to go.

Really looking forward to see what people will find with this machine, I'm sure some nice items will come up and small ones for sure.

DeepTech Website link to the Gold Gain model below.
[deeptech-bg.com]

December 21, 2017 05:06PM
Some live hunts I've done with a few DeepTechs including gold and silver [youtu.be]

Thank you all and will catch up soon smileys with beer
December 21, 2017 06:24PM
Nice digs there zig-man thumbs down

Great report too/thanks for sharing.