Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Where have you gone DoctorTones 24k our nation turns its lonely eyes towards you......

Posted by Alpha Goat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Where have you gone DoctorTones 24k our nation turns its lonely eyes towards you......
December 18, 2017 12:00PM
Woo Woo Woo.
OH Please.
I think he is on vacation.
Re: Where have you gone DoctorTones 24k our nation turns its lonely eyes towards you......
December 18, 2017 04:14PM
he's out using his Equinox! I would like to be.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
Re: Where have you gone DoctorTones 24k our nation turns its lonely eyes towards you......
December 18, 2017 04:23PM
All quiet on the Minelab front gentlemen!!!!!
December 18, 2017 04:32PM
"He's joined Hawaii 5 - O and getting 'Lei' ( d )"
Maybe the "Mod Squad"? is he "Cuff or Link". Those Minelab Posts dried up quicker than my Grand Pappy's scalp from him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 05:32PM by Alpha Goat.
LOL I always laugh when a few get selected as the Elitist of Metal Detecting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 12:23AM by wildwally1.
Ain’t that the truth!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 12:23AM by wildwally1.
At least a Guy like Bill Ladd has paid His dues and respects Property He detects on. Some of these Silver counters would Sell there soul for a Silver coin.
He is on the Ebay listing description

[www.ebay.ca]
YouTube is hard work and he reaps the benefits of what he sows. Hours of filming and editing his metal detecting adventures got him where he is.

I've seen 20 year veterans complain about how the Garrett Carrot is too complicated...or how they don't understand the FeTone on a F19....on this very forum no less.

So it seems to me it is not the hours put in...it is the understanding of those hours that matters.

I've been detecting a whooping 3 years and get emails daily from 20 year vets about subjects that seem elementary to me. Many of them only owning 2 to 3 detectors in those years.

Don't hate on the guy for being newer or for using YouTube to make videos. He understands more about the hobby than many...and has plenty of credible finds as well.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
Hunter GT, I hate more on the Guy for not respecting the Property He detects. He digs up parks with shovels and does not back fill which seems to be a common thing on YouTube.
At least Bill Ladd uses a shovel where it should be out in the woods.
I can respect that. Everybody should "try" to make it appear as if they were never there. I don't use my shovel in parks so we are on the same page there.

Calling him out for being a "celebrity" for hard work is something I don't agree with however. His detecting habits aside....

Don't You YouTube Guys get some kind of Compensation for all that 'Hard' work You do? Sorry Dude But I was a Drywaller for 39 Years. To Me that's Hard work.
I don't get any monetary compensation.
My wife yells at me allot. I will have to take it up with HR!
The Guy does posses very good communication skills. I will give him that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 12:26AM by wildwally1.
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't You YouTube Guys get some kind of Compensati
> on for all that 'Hard' work You do? Sorry Dude But
> I was a Drywaller for 39 Years. To Me that's Hard
> work.

Yeah...I've made a whooping $400 from YouTube in 3 years. Which is why it's not a career and I went to college for IT and Web Design. Brandon obviously does much better than that and has probably made a few thousand in a few years. Hardly full time wages.

All work is noble...I just chose to work smarter instead of harder for my income. I know as much about drywalling as you do coding. Hard work is a relative term.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 08:20PM by TheHunterGT.
The day I call playing around with Metal Detector hard work is the day it's not Fun anymore.
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> The day I call playing around with Metal Detector
> hard work is the day it's not Fun anymore.

I was talking about the filming and editing portions obvioisly. His videos are cut and edited very well. That takes skill and hours worth of work. If you have not done it yourself...you should not speak of how difficult it is.

As I said....hard work is a relative term. Some is physical some is mental.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 08:34PM by TheHunterGT.
So know money for all that Hard work then why do it?
Other than be a Glory hound?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 08:38PM by Harold,ILL..
Perhaps he enjoys editing video as much as detecting. Perhaps he has a sponsorship deal that earns him extra cash or perks. Perhaps he enjoys passing along information to viewers. Perhaps he uses it as passive income to pay for his detectors and drones.

Why do some millionaires go work at Walmart as door greeters? Why do wealthy people still work?

Seems if nobody is drywalling or breaking their back they are not doing it right in your eyes. Laughable logic.

I don't see him as a glory hound. Seems he really likes the hobby and likes to present quality made videos to his viewers that also enjoy the hobby. I give him kudos for that instead of trying to tear him down and belittle him for it.

I will stick with Proven Guys like Bill Ladd. You Newbs do what You want. Lmao.
If you've never made a video for the public you may not understand the ratios involved. I and a friend made one, might not be typical, where we shot 11 hours of tape. Editing it to make it interesting and to have some logical flow in the story resulted in a 15 minute video. Those with more experience than we had probably have a much better ratio but I'm sure it's higher than you might think.
Sounds good Harold. Enjoy your Bill Ladd videos and drywalling. Different strokes for different folks.

The term " metal detecting " as well as the term " hobby " can be defined in numerous ways. If you can metal detect and enjoy the hobby without doing harm that will restrict others, I am you fan. If you are seen making videos in public parks,whether you are using a shovel or not, neither you are I know whether or not you have done harm to the hobby, even if you've done no harm to the grounds.
Provided it is not a legally restricted historic site they are on, I kinda like the guy that sneaks into public property at night and leaves no trace.
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> Sounds good Harold. Enjoy your Bill Ladd videos a
> nd drywalling. Different strokes for different fo
> lks.

You to Dude, it was a Fun little debate.
I am retired now as too Old to carry them 220 lb. bundles. LOL!
December 18, 2017 09:42PM
'I was hoping this thread might reveal Dr Tones whereabouts and his 'tease' of a beach video from Hawaii!!!

It's now a spat.

Yes, drywall ing was my nightmare during my construction days!"
I would imagine the Youtubers have a donate button that adds to the income? with some close to a million subscribers is it no wonder they give away detectors.
Look at Aquadigger or Digger Dan. (spell)