Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NASA-Tom and the Equinox

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: NASA-Tom and the Equinox
January 02, 2018 07:51PM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> steveg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > I think NASA-Tom is saying he HAS an Equinox...
> ;
> > )
>
> or he doesn't need everyone's charity

Agreed.

I'm positive when the time comes, Tom D. will share his thoughts, and likely some garden/field testing. I'm sure he's just as curious about the Equinox as everyone else is.
January 03, 2018 02:48AM
Was just a thought, guys. Detectors aren't cheap, and if there's a desire to have NASA-Tom give his expert/technical insight on a machine, I don't see why it wouldn't make sense to consider helping him get one...

Seems fair and reasonable to me...

Steve

EDITED TO ADD -- in any case, I think you are not correctly reading "between the lines" here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 03:34AM by steveg.
January 04, 2018 02:23AM
Smart money says Tom already has one. ML would earn thousands more selling EQs even if Tom only gave a marginally positive review.
January 04, 2018 04:23AM
Smart money says it will be a favourite front runner fast out the gate....if was just hype they likely would not give to experts to review would cost them dearly.....it's winter here I can wait it out. hh
January 07, 2018 11:18PM
Tom, do you still have a load of your highly mineralized dirt to test detectors? I’m guessing the EQ might be no better than many other detectors in your sand but may excel in bad dirt.
January 08, 2018 01:28AM
It's been compromised. I need to make another trip to Lake Oconee, GA........ and get another 200-Lbs.

Or......

I can (nearly 6-hour round-trip) drive to a place in Florida that has 4 & 5-bar dirt. The CZ, Explorer, AT-Pro, F75, MXT, CoRe all fall flat on their face. Only the GMP presented unaffected stunning performance at this geographic location. ((( I'm stil scratching my head. )))
January 08, 2018 12:08PM
I’ve got $10 for the gasoline fund. Unfortunately I can’t give you time. I have none of that to spare.
February 04, 2018 05:17AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> ((( Funny you guys should mention. )))
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> -------------------
>
> Also........ I have been out of the Country; have
> just returned...... and am JUST catching up on the
> forum.,.,.,.,.,., with a long way to go.

I remember this here. Posted Dec 26,2017. Um, 6 weeks delay later mentioned.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 05:28AM by Sod-buster.
February 04, 2018 10:16AM
Toms' DIRT may not be harsh and challenging......but the SALT in places in his area is pretty difficult. There are a lot of highly qualified testers..... each with their expertise that provides these companies information on how they like what the machines does...... and some basic suggestions, but not many can make technical suggestions. Thats huge in my book....... because that means we can get a machine thats not just somewhat improved, but transformed. You get the right people talking and brain storming........ never know where it might lead. I just know Tom lives in Fl...... thou he does a lot of different type of hunting..... it would be a shame to not let him do some beach testing. I for one would like to see a machine thats not only water proof for a change, but water ready. By the way.......... WHEN is ML going to let some of those tester spill the beans? Not that we expect bad reviews...... but it can make some suspicious why they might wait until its in our hands. Id sure enjoy some, what i found and how they improved it........ oh and just ONE decent dunking of the machine in salt water.

Dew
February 04, 2018 01:38PM
dewcon4414
..... it would be a shame to not let him do some beach testing.

That’s gotta rank at the bottom of my ‘worry list.’
February 04, 2018 02:03PM
That may be true since i realize the MAJORITY of you arent water hunters..... but this machine may have a greater impact to us who do water hunt than anything in several years has. Its ergonomics, freq adjustments for smaller gold jewelry, and algorithms for salt water hunting may well have much more impact on us. So id have to say the same about its use to me as a relic or part machine...... how many raw gold hunters are saying the same thing to both of us? That is the impact and versatility i think this machine offers. So for me........ its kind of nice to have Toms opinions on the beach for a change.

Dew
February 05, 2018 12:56PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> That may be true since i realize the MAJORITY of y
> ou arent water hunters..... but this machine may h
> ave a greater impact to us who do water hunt than
> anything in several years has. Its ergonomics, f
> req adjustments for smaller gold jewelry, and algo
> rithms for salt water hunting may well have much m
> ore impact on us. So id have to say the same ab
> out its use to me as a relic or part machine......
> how many raw gold hunters are saying the same thin
> g to both of us? That is the impact and versatil
> ity i think this machine offers. So for me.......
> . its kind of nice to have Toms opinions on the be
> ach for a change.
>
> Dew

I'm with Dew on this^ I've been waiting a long time for something better than the CTX, Excal or CZ21 for beach work...they are all great in their own right, but each has a downside that I deal with to stay productive at the beach. I've been asking FT to make a lightweight CZ21 with the same (or better) performance and sealed battery with conductive charging. I guess I'll stop holding my breath if the Equinox delivers.
February 05, 2018 01:21PM
icurabeachguy Wrote:
I've been asking FT to make a lightweight CZ21 with the same (or better) performance and sealed battery with conductive
charging. I guess I'll stop holding my breath if
the Equinox delivers.

Yup, Fisher could have made that machine years ago and it would have been a top seller. They really dropped the ball on that one.

February 05, 2018 01:52PM
There will be thing u like better. ... or should I say prefer with the CTX and Xcal. But they did give us a good deal of what we were asking for in a water machine.... even the price is impressive. I believe we may see more praise out of the water guys than others. Why? Its basically only goning to be compared to 3 machines..... and none hits on small gold or is as versital ...and light weight. Next we will see if they need repairs. Im seriously hoping more coils are introduced.
February 14, 2018 11:26PM
Tom, what’s your take on the F75 vs Equinox in your complex nail test site? Some of the feedback from users appears positive but we’d like a more scientific assessment...
February 15, 2018 01:21AM
Detectorist Wrote:
> 99% of the great finds posted on here are due to l
> ocation, location, location.

No doubt about that for sure. thumbs down