Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro Compadre

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro Compadre
December 22, 2017 01:29PM
Does anyone use the 5.5" coil version for iron laden sites? Heck, the whole detector costs less than some coils.
Re: Tesoro Compadre
December 22, 2017 01:46PM
If you hunt in good soil it will pick through the trash with ease. Has a cult following.
December 22, 2017 02:30PM
In heavy iron is where the Compadre shines. Also gets close to big metal well. And a great loaner for newbies or kids.

Away from heavy iron or big poles, forget it. In my moderate soil, 4-5" is the maximum coin depth with the 5.75 coil version.
December 22, 2017 02:46PM
The older Compadre equipped with the 7" coil is a deeper machine.

It's older brother...the Amigo ll is a better performer.

I've had all versions of the Compadre and the Amigo ll is the one I break out in heavy concentrations of small iron.
December 22, 2017 02:54PM
I use the 4'' coil on my Compadre,but mainly only use it for very old river ford crossings in shallow water for roman votive offerings,works very well its on a extended straight shaft that i can use maybe upto a couple of ft in water,pretty good on micro gold jewellery as well labeit no depth with a small 4'' coil on,also use a 7'' Concentric coil when on a really trashy site as well.